Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been 😢 about my AAPL YTD, but in perspective, I'm still up 1,300% and yes, there were many down cycles in that run up.

On the other hand, I was late to TSLA, but still up 80% in January. Made the mistake of loading up the truck on the first dip to the high 790's. Underwater big time now. Just have to ride this one out. Hope I live long enough.
same here. I loaded them up too early around 750 per share. Wish I waited for couple more weeks to buy at lower price. But again I am invested for long term in the company and not the stock. I do not need the money in short term.

I'm only seeing poor cosmetic changes that waste space and make the GUI harder to use. I use it on a computer and not mobile. Haven't noticed any new features.

Im 100% guessing, but I think its possible that the upgrade required a lot of code updates and database migrations so that they could use a major version change of the platform to run the site, but its highly likely none of the new features that are available in the new version have been flipped on as of yet. So they spent 2.5 days switching over to the new platform and then will now be able to flip some switches on features over the next couple of weeks without taking the forum down.

Oof.

If we bounce from here on the QQQs one could argue for a triple bottom which is a big deal.

Hit 300 on Thursday, 298 on Friday and 299 today.

BUT, if we open tomorrow in free fall then.... I dunno. The QQQs are still up 100% on the 52 weeks.

One would think not. This yield hysteria or 'rotation' has to run its course at some point. QQQs have hit a ten percent correction.

Anyway, all the best.
-30% TSLA
-20% AAPL

triple bottomed

Your broker has to have you authorized (basically you have to ask for it) and you then enter an extended hours order. Works from 7am to 8pm.

Make sure it is a limit order (most brokers I know will not allow market). The spreads in extended hours can be LARGE.
I thought after-hours HAD to be limit orders that matched bid/ask and volume as there are no market makers making the market. I think that's why AH trades have some crazy swings or spikes. But I could be way off base.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 4.56.25 PM.png

So here we are, sitting round $3,000 when we know $5,000 is on the near horizon. What's everyone's favorite call expiration and why?

I'm thinking of letting this go another couple weeks then buying calls @ Sep and Jan expirations just to try and leverage the irrational tech dip and a 10yr treasury reversal. Any good reason to push it out further or look at something like Aug? What's your favorite trigger event on the horizon?

With calls I tend to go two ways. If you are gambling then you want to maximize the reward and pick a price and a near-term date. This is dangerous which is why it's gambling.

When investing it's important to realize that the market is a finicky beast and can be derailed for longer than you think it ought to be. So I like to minimize risk of total loss and pick long-dated calls. The longer the better. Of course every situation is different but right now I can see the market as a whole going either way (or stagnating) over the near-term (up to a year).

There are all kinds of potential near-term trigger events on the horizon, the largest is FSD. There are also potential Tesla Semi developments, Berlin/Austin developments, battery developments, and many other potential known and unknown developments. But all of these will be read through the filter of market sentiment (which is the most important factor from a near-term share price perspective and it's literally unknowable). So, it's pretty hard to assign a date or even a probability to any of these triggers or how they will be reflected in the near-term share price.

Cathie on Bloomberg (missed first 3 mins)

TSLA:
- Will continue to buy the dip (can buy up to 10% of each fund), built up to 10% last week but if it were to deteriorate they would have the latitude to buy more (and will)
- New PT in a couple of weeks (compliance is going over it)
- Two things since last update: 1) TSLA has increased market share - thought that TSLA share of EVs will drop from 17% to 11%, instead share has increased (TSLA ~80% in US) 2) Probability of TSLA getting autonomous right has increased from 30% from last model (margin for autonomous is ~80% range)

ARK:
- Concentrating on highest conviction names
- Technology is high growth and exponential
- Technologies are converging (ie. autonomous = AI, battery, etc). These S curves converging will be explosive; creating positive energy where traditional analysts will be gobsmacked
- Crypto: Any company on the right side of change should be diversifying

*end Part 1

I was very surprised TSLA blew down past the $695 S&P addition level. With headwinds I'm seeing low $400s with possible for dip into the high $300s before beginning its next leg up, to coincide with opening of GF Berlin and GF Texas in June and August of this year. There was a 53% drop due to covid at the start of 2020, so using this %age with the four month base of $407 late 2020.
Mass media is posting anyone can build quality, long distance EVs. This nonsence will be admonished late this year and next.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 4.51.17 PM.png