Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like everyone can get beta FSD.

Attachments

• F9735950-E370-4B55-8E72-EE0EE0F34ED2.jpeg
    F9735950-E370-4B55-8E72-EE0EE0F34ED2.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 90
@ElonMusk tweeted on Mar 2nd, 2021: Yes, beta will be offered much more widely when version 9 is done, hopefully next month

Free FSD Beta 8.2 download invitation:

If you want the Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta downloaded to your car, let us know,” Musk wrote on Twitter. “Doubling beta program size now with 8.2 is probably 10x size with 8.3. Still be careful, but it’s getting mature”.
Tesla’s Full Self-Driving Beta group was initially rolled out in October 2020. Tesla owners have undoubtedly experienced significant improvements within the semi-autonomous driving platform, which Tesla plans to roll out in Level 5 stages by the end of 2021.

Tesla's FSD Beta group doubles, Elon Musk asks for invitations

As Tiger Woods injured both of his legs requiring surgery in a single car roll-over to a hill side, he definitely needs Tesla EV with FSD to prevent a costly accident. This Tesla is also needed for millions of DUI drivers, handicapped and seniors need a ride to doctor appointment, markets….

Tesla Model X drove itself from its owner’s home to a service center with zero interventions
Tesla Model X with FSD beta drives itself to service center with no interventions

Sandy Munro's Reaction to Tesla FSD Beta 8.1

Sandy: "it drives like me!". Obviously we need a "little old lady" mode too

100 Megawatt in Houston

If every home, apartment building, office, restaurant, and retail center in Texas had a Tesla Powerwall over the past several months, stored excess power and hosted it on-site for use on a 2-weeks “rainy day” — then no one would’ve lost power in February, water pipes will not bursted. Indeed, in that world, no one loses power, anywhere, ever. Everyone is always powered.

Elon Musk is getting into the Texas power market, with previously unrevealed construction of a gigantic battery connected to an ailing electric grid that collapsed 4 days last month. The move marks Tesla Inc.’s first major foray into the Epicenter of the U.S. Energy economy. A Tesla subsidiary registered as Gambit Energy Storage LLC is quietly building a more than 100 megawatt energy storage project in Angleton, Texas, a town roughly 40 miles south of Houston. A battery that size could power about 20,000 homes on a hot summer day. Workers at the site kept equipment under cover and discouraged onlookers, but a Tesla logo could be seen on a worker’s hard hat and public documents helped confirm the company’s role.

The battery-storage system being built by Tesla’s Gambit subsidiary is registered with ERCOT. Warren Lasher, senior director of system planning at ERCOT, said the project has a proposed commercial operation date of June 1. The site is adjacent to a Texas-New Mexico Power substation.

Tesla Is Plugging a Secret Mega-Battery Into the Texas Grid

This is past news about Urgent situation in TEXAS

The world really needs Tesla Solar power and Power packs to store electricity to be used in power rolling black out in California to prevent disastrous fires, TEXAS needs it NOW, Northeastern states with snow blizzard causing loss of power in freezing weather, regions with hurricanes, and INDIA for all year round.

In Texas alone, more than 4 million customers still had no electricity, heat, internet in below freezing temp for at least 5 days, starting last Sunday Feb 14th 2021. How much Texans willing to pay 1 time to have electricity for 2 weeks in freezing weather for the next 100 yr?

Across the South and into the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, several million homes and businesses had no power Wednesday morning. In Texas alone, more than 4 million customers still had no electricity Thursday morning, after power generating stations cannot be started due to freezing weather. It happened in 1989 and 2011

One Texas utility warned that the grid manager was "unable to predict when grid conditions will stabilize. All customers are urged to be prepared for (continued) extended outages." At least 17 deaths have been attributed to the storm. 1 megawatt normally cost $30, now is $9000

I tweeted this to @elonmusk, please do the same: @elonmusk Please tell Texas Governor about Tesla Powerwall and Solar. Every Texan needs to pay 1 time for Tesla Solar and Powerwall to avoid electricity outage for the next 100yrs.

Texas Officials Warn Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; At Least 17 Deaths Tied to Winter Storm Uri | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Reactions: JusRelax
===>On edit: I find I’m not the only one with avatar re-sizing problems. Procrustean rules, I see. <===

Well, all good Moderator holidays must come to an end.

It would be courteous of them if the next time the Administrators schedule an unscheduled re-scheduling, they wouldn’t waste an otherwise perfectly good set of Saturdays and Sundays, but rather used up two spectacularly horrific trading days instead.

But other than that, did you enjoy the drive through Dallas, Mrs. Kennedy?

@ElonMusk tweeted on Mar 2nd, 2021: Yes, beta will be offered much more widely when version 9 is done, hopefully next month

Free FSD Beta 8.2 download invitation:

If you want the Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta downloaded to your car, let us know,” Musk wrote on Twitter. “Doubling beta program size now with 8.2 is probably 10x size with 8.3. Still be careful, but it’s getting mature”.
Tesla’s Full Self-Driving Beta group was initially rolled out in October 2020. Tesla owners have undoubtedly experienced significant improvements within the semi-autonomous driving platform, which Tesla plans to roll out in Level 5 stages by the end of 2021.

Tesla's FSD Beta group doubles, Elon Musk asks for invitations

As Tiger Woods injured both of his legs requiring surgery in a single car roll-over to a hill side, he definitely needs Tesla EV with FSD to prevent a costly accident. This Tesla is also needed for millions of DUI drivers, handicapped and seniors need a ride to doctor appointment, markets….

Tesla Model X drove itself from its owner’s home to a service center with zero interventions
Tesla Model X with FSD beta drives itself to service center with no interventions

Sandy Munro's Reaction to Tesla FSD Beta 8.1

Sandy: "it drives like me!". Obviously we need a "little old lady" mode too

These are hugely big news. Rolling ut FSD beta to a wider audience and Elon casually saying v 9 will probably be out next month - wow. To those of us who actaully understand what this will mean in the longer run, with regard to valuation, the big question is how long will it take for the market to recognize the value?

Deployed my last dry powder back in the low $800 range:oops: so I decided it was a good time to transfer shares from my IRA to my Roth for tax free growth:cool:. Tax advisor cautioned against moving more than 400 shares this year. Talked to TD Ameritrade after
faxing in the required form and was told it will take 10 days to process o_O:mad: . Hope the share price stays low.............
10 days?! Be faster to just sell the IRA shares and repurchase in the Roth.

With all due respect, this argument that inflation is bad for growth stocks is hokum.

Yes, higher inflation means a higher discount rate. But why would the net cash flows stay the same with inflation? In fact, stocks are the best place to hide during bouts of inflation because you're owning real businesses with real pricing power. In this economy, growth stocks have vastly more pricing power than value stocks.

For some vendors with multi-year contracts, I have seen the contract price linked to inflation numbers.

If anyone tells that the price of zoom or Netflix or an iphone or Tesla would be fixed in the future irrespective of inflation, obviously that would sound preposterous.

Anyways, we should give the market a few weeks to get back to it's senses . Growth had outperformed value in a huge way and the market needed some sound bite to sell off.

I agree with you on the inflation point. When modeling future cash flows most analysts would be considering year over year inflation.

That said, bond yields aren’t necessarily an inflation measure, they are considered directly in the discount rate (stated differently the expected annual return for that investment).

In other words, inflation would already be modeled in to future cash flows. A sudden increase in risk free rates would not be. Could one argue that the rise in rates should also translate to a rise in inflation and cash flow (cancelling each other out), maybe, but they aren’t always equal.

Last edited:
Based on the action, reversal day seems imminent. Premarket certainly indicating as much.

Ten year yield is down and looks tired at busting through 1.6. Charts show a triple top in addition to anecdotal reports of huge short positions in ten year.

QQQs showing a triple bottom over the past three trading days. Price is also bouncing off of the lower BB on multiple chart periods.

Invesco QQQ Trust, Series 1 (QQQ) Interactive Stock Chart - Yahoo Finance

In addition we have TSLA specific news with impressive China numbers.

Fireworks may be imminent. I do caution that significant technical damage remains and that TSLA will most likely have to base for a while before assaulting the 50 DMA which is at 774 (!) and descending...

These are hugely big news. Rolling ut FSD beta to a wider audience and Elon casually saying v 9 will probably be out next month - wow. To those of us who actaully understand what this will mean in the longer run, with regard to valuation, the big question is how long will it take for the market to recognize the value?

Depends in part how accurate (for March 2021) the December 2020 CA DMV stuff is.

Expect to see a lot of (technically accurate but long term FUD) saying "Tesla finally releases full self driving- still can't full self drive!" stories unless Tesla has dramatically changed FSDBeta between then and now (I don't mean gotten better at what it does, I mean added a ton of features/capabilities they explicitly said it did not and was not intended to support)

Last edited:
Reactions: kbM3 and Johan