Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of the Ark's holdings are too big for their good IMO. They hold so much of those small companies that they become major shareholders. And if the liquidity of certain particular stocks are low (volume), it doesn't take a whole lot to be manipulating SP like that.

The benefit of ARK though is that they don't need to sell unless their expectation of the company changes. Thus, any ups and downs are just short term shocks and might create buying opportunities for ARK.
They have consistently said that liquidity isn’t an issue. So we will see. The good thing is you can buy some on discount. Recently someone bought huge number of Sep way out of moneyputs against ARK. Maybe they are trying to influence a sell off. However, as long as ARK doesn’t melt down they will be fine as they generally have good pick in terms of companies.

Reactions: FireMedic
Someone here pointed out that now might be a good time to move shares to a Roth (all inside an IRA, so a conversion).

I thought about it and decided that they saw something that I did not.

I moved 20 shares so that is $12000 of extra tax liability this year.

We will see how it works out.

Maybe I was smart. But at least I tried something.

That you for sharing!

It's not terribly hard to add a credit card billing system to any station. And Tesla can opt something like BC Hydro is doing that you create an account, and you can get a fob mailed to you and use that fob to authenticate or use an app. Either way... no solution would be as clean as having a Tesla account attached to the car... but there are certainly a lot of options and shouldn't take Tesla engineers too long to implement one.
See, that’s what I don’t like. That kind of deal would add additional overhead to Tesla operations to support non-Tesla vehicles. They should either:

1) provide x% of empty pedestals at new SC sites for other providers to build on, with whatever connections and payment infrastructure they want, or
2) build out SCs as we know and love them, but require adapters and Tesla accounts.

In reality, to open up existing SCs, it would have to be 2).

Time for some good news!!
I just posted my Q1 2021 financial projections in the thread below.
Highlights are:
With 170k vehicles delivered, Tesla should:
  • generate 9.9B in Revenues (+65% vs 2020)
  • achieve Gross Profit of $2.1B – this could be an all-time record as I am projecting $2,099k GP vs the prior record in Q4, 2020 of $2,066k.
  • deliver GAAP earnings of $421M ($0.37.eps) – this would be an all-time high as well
  • deliver Non-GAAP earnings of $855m ($0.76 eps)

Someone here pointed out that now might be a good time to move shares to a Roth (all inside an IRA, so a conversion).

I thought about it and decided that they saw something that I did not.

I moved 20 shares so that is $12000 of extra tax liability this year.

We will see how it works out.

Maybe I was smart. But at least I tried something.

That you for sharing!
Do I have this right - I can move money in my IRA at TD into a Roth Acct. The taxes are due just like I pulled it out of my IRA (no penalty age), but any TSLA gains there are no longer taxed? This sounds pretty interesting if we believe the future is bright.

It's less now

Troy does great job, but ...
Error Rate:
• Q1 2020: -6.1%
• Q2 2020: -1.4%
• Q3 2020: +2.5%
• Q4 2020: +1.7%

Last Q1 was bad, (So let's hope for a repeat :) ) ... Last year Covid, store closures and price drops .. not accounted for.
Let's hope the recent price increases are not accounted for :)

Another Data point will be Rob Mauer's numbers next week.

"THINK BIGGER"
What would be the quickest way to grow 3X?
How about the big merger that has been bounced about?
Tesla Space X Maybe Panasonic or Mining company

Just got another 10 tried to stay out of margin

Absolutely no way that could be discussed on a company-wide call and not have leaked by now. I'm surprised we haven't heard more...

Reactions: FireMedic
"THINK BIGGER"
What would be the quickest way to grow 3X?
How about the big merger that has been bounced about?
Tesla Space X Maybe Panasonic or Mining company

Just got another 10 tried to stay out of margin

Just remember, someone's word are their perspective. When they say something like "think bigger or crazier" it's all relative to what they find to be a big deal or not. Again, I didn't ask for details or specifics about pretty much anything that I thought would be material information from them. I noted that in the 2nd post I made, but just a reminder. Perspective is everything

Last edited: