Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My emphasis above. So relaxing to drive compared to previous cars.

German autobahns & Model 3: smooth asphalt as Bjorn might say. When you go around Europe, the road quality in different countries can be very different. My family get car sick easily.

From memory, might be a bit off.

Road Quality:
Germany
- incredible - 150km/h (limit of autopilot) - 160km/h cruise and 180+km/h overtaking on unrestricted sections (overtake quickly & get back in lane). No car sickness/complaints. Drive fast, charge every 2-3 stops (semi-civilised European family not using pee bottles; stretch/coffee to keep alert, kids)

Switzerland - excellent - 100-120km/h ok - some complaints above 110km/h

France - mostly very good

Belgium/UK - safer with smaller wheels/bigger tyres... can be pretty dodgy at times.

Italy - safer to straddle two lanes, road surface gone downhill since Julius Caesar. Huge areas near lane edges are near undriveable in places, even on motorways.

Norway might be similar to France/Belgium/UK, listening to Bjorn Nyland
Roads in Southern California are horrible these days. They used to be some of the nicest in the country. I have concluded that our high taxes are being diverted to something else. The politicians seem to have figured out that they can repurpose $$ that should be spent on something as foundational as “roads” because when they ask for higher taxes, it’s justified because you see the need clear as day. How could you possibly be against tax increases to fix roads that are so bad? Quite clever IMO.

Draft green finance regulations would ban manufacturers from labelling them as “sustainable investments” beyond 2025, potentially deterring investors. Meanwhile planned rules on emissions of pollutants like nitrogen oxides could increase the cost of producing these cars.

EU incumbents were hell bent on counting PHEVs as EV's, not any more ...
PHEV = ICE + EV. Let’s have the maintenance and repair costs of BOTH vehicle types in one...can’t imagine why it’s not just the BESTEST!

Thanks for that article Rob. Scrolling through the article, the pictures of the interior reminded me that "the best part is no part" . Have a look for yourself:

View attachment 653475

I truly love the simplicity of my Model 3's interior. I even find the prior to refresh Model S interior to be too cluttered. A simple wrap on my centre console to eliminate the fingerprints and it's perfect.

And thanks Motor Trend for the article. In a world of FUDdy articles that seem to be driven by an agenda I must give MT credit for being mostly fair and unbiased to Tesla all these years, in spite of no advertising revenues being doled out to them by Tesla. That counts for something in my book.
Wow! I had no idea how gobsmacking hideous modern car interiors had become recently. Admittedly, I haven't been paying attention much and CV-19 has further reduced my exposure to others cars but still....quite a shock. Like a bad dream.

I do love the serenity of the Model 3 - the picture doesn't do it justice, the view should be out the windscreen.

Thanks for that article Rob. Scrolling through the article, the pictures of the interior reminded me that "the best part is no part" . Have a look for yourself:

View attachment 653475

I truly love the simplicity of my Model 3's interior. I even find the prior to refresh Model S interior to be too cluttered. A simple wrap on my centre console to eliminate the fingerprints and it's perfect.

And thanks Motor Trend for the article. In a world of FUDdy articles that seem to be driven by an agenda I must give MT credit for being mostly fair and unbiased to Tesla all these years, in spite of no advertising revenues being doled out to them by Tesla. That counts for something in my book.
Hmm. If ‘designasaur’ isn’t a term I’m coining it here.
1618335748952.jpeg

1618335956996.jpeg

Last edited:
You are a madman. Seems the trading threads has a bunch of people selling cc's this week as well. Why? Or really I guess....WHY NOW?

We've been pushed down an entire month and P&D just crushed it. I guess I applaud your boldness. Just doesn't seem nearly worth $300 for the risk.

I sold 16x 775s for Friday and some call credit spreads 810/830 :(. You can always roll the calls and eventually they will expire worthless. I am also playing the other side with call that I bought during the dip.

What a gloriously crazy stock.
Roads in Southern California are horrible these days. They used to be some of the nicest in the country. I have concluded that our high taxes are being diverted to something else. The politicians seem to have figured out that they can repurpose $$ that should be spent on something as foundational as “roads” because when they ask for higher taxes, it’s justified because you see the need clear as day. How could you possibly be against tax increases to fix roads that are so bad? Quite clever IMO.

PHEV = ICE + EV. Let’s have the maintenance and repair costs of BOTH vehicle types in one...can’t imagine why it’s not just the BESTEST!
Had this exact conversation with a car buddy the other night. He was laughing at his Ex's volt. Apparently if you plug the battery in at all versus always using gas the O2 sensors foul up and have to be replaced every year because the exhaust system never gets hot enough to burn off the carbon. I have to imagine everything is just coated in black soot waiting to fail. AND you have to worry about battery stuff.

Last edited:
True enough, but the others don’t make automobiles either; rather, they are YouDrive’emMobiles.

.....q.v. one of my Sig-lines.....
Or, with respect to the German tradition for composite words, true FSD cars should rightly henceforth be called autoautomobiles or auto-squared-mobiles (sic)
(Historically the first 'auto' was kinda OK in that referred to 'without a horse' as necessary for moving but rather 'self/auto' moving).

Reactions: hobbes
Because a) I need $1M out over the next year to cover my house renovations and b) $4k has always been my "I'm OK to sell" number

If they exercise, great, I'll sell aggressive puts and make even more cash, if the SP shoots up, my D/ITM LEAPS will go up even more

I'd rather they don't exercise, and I suspect they will not, but you can't just sit on this forever* and history has demonstrated that however much we think the price won't drop down again, more than likely it will

No stress

*in my case certainly not as I need money for our house and a nice portfolio balance isn't going to pay the architect or builder (and yes, I already took a mortgage loan and my wife didn't even want that, so no more debt)
Love it. I did something similar, but with LEAPs @ $1200 to cash out last year for my startup. Really hurts my TMC soul when I see people straight-up selling 5% of their shares just because they need money.

We're headed back to the stratosphere of $4-5k(pre-split) SP and this may be the beginning of a long run beyond $1T market cap. If you've been in this stock for a while and need money, just wait for it "peak" soon(whatever that means to you) and sell long OTM calls for like $20k per contract.

I guess this is not advice, though it's clearly worded as if it's advice. Not advice.