Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon’s monologue on SNL will be a chance for him to make an impassioned appeal to the general public about climate change and the urgency of the matter. Usually only people interested in Elon come to understand what he’s all about because they seek out his interviews and statements on subjects that matter. Now the general public may hear something of significance from him. An example of recent SNL monologues of significance would be Dave Chappelle. It can be funny, but meaningful, powerful, and memorable as well.

No complaints from me if Elon chooses only to kick back and have a great time. But there’s an opportunity here and I doubt he’d be doing this without knowing it.

This is spot on.

I don't think most folks understand how drastically the transition to sustainable energy will affect everything, including taxation. Once energy is essentially free the tax burden to support existing systems will be reduced by the amount that accounts for the change in energy costs. This amount is significant as energy is the foundation of nearly every aspect of our world. Reduce that cost and the cost of living nosedives.

Plus, clean air.
Every time I see a post or article about this essentially free energy, I remember that when I was young nuclear power advocates said that nuclear power would be essentially free. Maybe we just don't yet know what's going to go wrong with the solar transition. One challenge is infrastructure. A lot of high tension lines will be needed to accomplish reliability, and there will be protests over every one. And as another poster mentioned, signs have appeared in this area protesting a planned solar farm. There will be fights over everything, and many things that are worthwhile will go down the drain.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CorneliusXX
Every time I see a post or article about this essentially free energy, I remember that when I was young nuclear power advocates said that nuclear power would be essentially free. Maybe we just don't yet know what's going to for wrong with the solar transition. One challenge is infrastructure. A lot of high tension lines will be needed to accomplish reliability, and there will be protests over every one. And as another poster mentioned, signs have appeared in this area protesting a planned solar farm. There will be fights over everything, and many things that are worthwhile will go down the drain.
The difference is that nuclear power always needs to be grid-tied. Solar can be residential or community based, so transmission lines aren't 100% necessary. Of course, the utilities will do their best to make sure they are grid-tied, but that's political not technical.

I was away for the weekend and see that the discussions about advertising and road taxes from 2020, 2019, 2018, etc. were repeated word by word. Anyone have any suggestions for original subjects?

SNL doesn't count.

Sure! Just saw this today. Why do things like this happen?

BAD938F0-2F0D-4CC8-A6E1-FF6B932E617E.jpeg

Anyone know whether Dojo hardware makes economic sense as a distributed set of nodes instead of a data center?
Dojo will be inside a data centre. From the little description we have so far Dojo appears to be what Jim Keller refers to as a graph computer, a key feature of which is that the compute nodes are connected in a 'graph' using high speed networks.

If you would like more background I recommend Lex Fridman's second interview with Jim Keller (assumes an understanding of computer architectures and the 'compiler' techniques used to optimise data and instruction execution flows) and the Dave Lee/James Douma video on Dojo.

This is making Gary look like so gullible it's hard to believe he's not joking. I thought he prided himself on having good analytic ability?

He needs to explain why he appears to believe there was no one in the driver's seat! From where I sit, there's not a single good reason to believe the seat was empty at impact.

Not a good look.

Every time I see a post or article about this essentially free energy, I remember that when I was young nuclear power advocates said that nuclear power would be essentially free. Maybe we just don't yet know what's going to for wrong with the solar transition. One challenge is infrastructure. A lot of high tension lines will be needed to accomplish reliability, and there will be protests over every one. And as another poster mentioned, signs have appeared in this area protesting a planned solar farm. There will be fights over everything, and many things that are worthwhile will go down the drain.
Check out Tony Seba's YouTube presentations for examples and detail about how this could unfold quite rapidly.

Consider how, as power production is localized (implemented on the roofs of existing and new building construction) the existing grid of high tension lines may be more than sufficient for any short and long-haul transfer needed.

The advantages of personal power production and storage (VPP) will become an individual's choice and will provide alternatives to building larger solar and battery farms.

If every time a roof is built or replaced the new one includes solar, who will be protesting?

If parking lots are covered with solar shade because the owner can realize another income stream, who is to argue?

If a way to build solar production into road paving is developed, who will be complaining? It might offset road maintenance costs and answer that question as well.

I was the poster reporting the local protests against a solar farm. Looking into it further, their major gripe is how the energy will be going to a nearby metro area rather than providing power locally (because the metro energy supplier is paying for the project).

Last edited:
Elon’s monologue on SNL will be a chance for him to make an impassioned appeal to the general public about climate change and the urgency of the matter. Usually only people interested in Elon come to understand what he’s all about because they seek out his interviews and statements on subjects that matter. Now the general public may hear something of significance from him. An example of recent SNL monologues of significance would be Dave Chappelle. It can be funny, but meaningful, powerful, and memorable as well.

No complaints from me if Elon chooses only to kick back and have a great time. But there’s an opportunity here and I doubt he’d be doing this without knowing it.

You will be sorely disappointed if you think Elon is going to make an impassioned appeal about climate change on SNL. Not going to happen.

This is making Gary look like so gullible it's hard to believe he's not joking. I thought he prided himself on having good analytic ability?

He needs to explain why he appears to believe there was no one in the driver's seat! From where I sit, there's not a single good reason to believe the seat was empty at impact.

Not a good look.
Seriously......I can't take Gary even remotely serious at this point. I spent yesterday reading through some twitter accounts since I haven't in a while and reading Gary's tweets from over the past week about this crash gave me a migraine it was so stupid.

Probably some of the stupidest tweets I've seen in a long time from anyone. Gary annoys me quite a bit now. Guy road our coattails....jumping on the TSLA bandwagon in 2020 without doing the research like we all did for years. I still can't get over the fact that he tried to change his "reason" for selling out of his position earlier in Q1 by saying he sold because he was worried about S/X production when we all saw the tweets where he clearly said he sold out because of the Bitcoin purchase.

Last edited:
You will be sorely disappointed if you think Elon is going to make an impassioned appeal about climate change on SNL. Not going to happen.
The best thing he can do for climate change is sell trucks to the people who commute in F250s today. Greta impersonation likely will not do that.

It is actually a delicate operation. The CT needs to be better for those people. Maybe less Greta and more Joe.

i dont understand this comment or the agrees. you know the show's scripted, right? the SNL writers write the lines that he says. it's not ad-libbed.
Doesn't mean they won't write controversial scripts. Also I don't think it was scripted when Sinead O'connor tore up the pope's picture and said "fight the real enemy".

I think EM has a spectacular sense of humor. Rogan is supposed to be a standup comic and E made him look like a dolt. E is so quick and so deep in cultural references he is challenging to keep up with. This WILL be don’t miss TV.

It's nearly impossible to change some people's attitudes when they have firm established opinions - without some sort of painful feedback lived life usually dishes us. Not going to happen with an entertainment show. So, the only ones to address are those that still have an open mind. How to appeal to them .. dunno .. but trust Elon and his braintrust will have figured out the best strategy.

PS. My vote is for him to wear a really well designed T-shirt that reads " Third Row Tesla " so that curious people will Google " Third Row Tesla Elon Musk " - this is the most engaging/ informative YouTube video I know that might help people who have been disconnected from the truth by our biased mainstream media.

PS. My vote is for him to wear a really well designed T-shirt that reads " Third Row Tesla " so that curious people will Google " Third Row Tesla Elon Musk " - this is the most engaging/ informative YouTube video I know that might help people who have been disconnected from the truth by our biased mainstream media.
So, he probably shouldn't wear a Solving the Money Problem "Don't Bet Against Elon" T-shirt then? :rolleyes:

800[1].jpg

doldrums In the 700s is still more interesting than a drop in the 400s and staying in the doldrums there.
We are in the confortable doldrums zone
I would love to see 400 again, but it’s only because I’m selfish and not all in like the rest of you.

Not a good look.
I seriously thought he was joking. Are you sure that’s not sarcasm?

Anyone have any suggestions for original subjects?

I believe the Dream Team Paint has started working the machines. Two wrapped Model Ys have disappeared from the lot.

On April 11th at around the 0:57 mark we can see 10 wrapped forms of the Model Y chassis:

and today around the 3:44 mark I can only count 8 wrapped Model Ys:

So my guess they have moved two of these inside to start testing and calibrating the paint shop! 🤓

Thanks to Flybrandenburg for the videos.

Edit: I'm not very good explaining - so tried to do better. Thanks, @JohnnyEnglish.

Last edited: