Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This tweet is much more interesting than the boring bitcoin schmittcoin drama:

So if they send castings from Austin to Fremont my guess would be that they do that since it would increase the production of cars there. And it would mean that Giga Texas has started to earn it's keep.
Edit: Or if they are stored locally to be used later Giga Texas still is casting money so to speak.
Those seem to be unprocessed front castings. There's no use for those in production at Fremont right now.
They'll most certainly go to QA, X-Ray, crash/structural tests, etc.

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!

Wouldn't that be an interesting twist!!!

Benzinga - 7 minutes ago:

Excerpt:

Regarding TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we observe a put option sweep with bullish sentiment. It expires in 2 day(s) on May 21, 2021. Parties traded 200 contract(s) at a $550.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 18 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $150.4K, with a price of $750.0 per contract. There were 12937 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 61359 contract(s) were bought and sold.

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!

Bill (who I think is a GF NV associated insider) doesn't think Ford can secure the battery supply - but as he notes, that wouldn't stop them from bluffing.

Cheers!
Riddle me this: if Ford had a deal with Tesla, wouldn't it be logical that these would also be used in the Mach-E?

Benzinga - 7 minutes ago:

Excerpt:

Regarding TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we observe a put option sweep with bullish sentiment. It expires in 2 day(s) on May 21, 2021. Parties traded 200 contract(s) at a $550.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 18 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $150.4K, with a price of $750.0 per contract. There were 12937 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 61359 contract(s) were bought and sold.
These observations about bullish put option sweeps have been posted several times in the last couple weeks, and the SP keeps going down. Unfortunately, they appear to be meaningless at this point. I'm always amazed at how far down they can push the SP several weeks away from great delivery number reports and earnings reports. They seem to have no fear and complete control of the SP.

More free PR: (from the King)

"Tesla’s Elon Musk has come through for UFC fighter Beneil Dariush, who used his post-fight victory interview with Joe Rogan to bring attention to his delayed Tesla Model X order. Musk provided Dariush with a Model Y loaner vehicle, according to his agent, until the Model X is ready to be delivered."​

Oh no, cue everyone else who's waiting demanding a loaner in 3,2,1...

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla.

I want tesla to make as many teslas as possible. What possible justification is there for making tesla batteries and motors and not putting them in a new tesla? Maybe once tesla have hit 2 million cars a year, perhaps then there might be an argument for it. But until they are easily meeting demand for 3/Y/Semi/S/X/Cybertruck and Roadster, why even contemplate becoming a mere supplier to some legacy company who hates you?

Curious. What do you guys think is the efficiency difference between the Y and the 150?

Say the Y gets 42 mph on a 48A charger. How many mph do you think the F150 gets if we were to assume the same Amps? I know the answer but I'm curious what the consensus is.
I think a better comparison would be between the X and the F150. X is 350Wh/mi EPA combined I'd guess 450Wh/mi for the F150.