Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at Options open interest posted at 7 am this morning, we can see there is a substantial "Put Wall" at the 550 Strike (13K open Put contracts). It'd be expensive for MMs to allow the SP to go below that level, and sierra foxtrot alpha for Calls below 550 (so no motivation to chop). Looks like a pretty firm support level.

Options.MaxPain.2021-05-19.07-00.png

Probably. However, what at the time seemed like excessively flamboyant engineering proclamations by Elon on twitter very often turned out in the end to be deep and important engineering advancements. So this explicit, and incongruous, micrometer reference could be something more profound than just bragging rights. A for all practical purposes perfect fit and finish is at most a milimeter issue, not something 1000 times smaller.
One millimeter at the foundation piece might easily translate to ten millimeters after assembly because each additional piece adds it's own variance.

I don't like that Tesla is now being considered a crypto related stock.

Tesla, Coinbase lead drop in crypto-related stocks as bitcoin plunges

Bah Ha Ha! That's NOTHING! The official NASDAQ webpage for Tesla lists 4 "Related Symbols":

GME, AAPL, TSLA, and AMC

Jolly Jokers, you can't buy this kind of meme. Oh wait, apparently you can when the price is SHORT enough... :p

Cheers!

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • also not from Q1 CC that Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide
  • that means Tesla has about 80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, drive inverters, etc
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I am getting interested.

Cheers!
It also would provide some shade for Mr Biden not to have mentioned Tesla during his talk. An interesting proposition. I’ll give it about a 25% chance of being correct.

• from Q1 CC note that Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide
  • that means Tesla has about 80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, drive inverters, etc
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I am getting interested.

Cheers!

I can also add that the press release figure for number of plugs to charge at is MUCH higher than "The FordPass Charging Network also offers more than 13,500 public charging stations and growing" that's currently listed at Ford.com in talking about the Mach-E.

I'm currently pushing my team to get the jump and write it up. They're like "but we don't have confirmation". I'm like "When the hell did the media ever need confirmation for a Tesla article!?!?!"

Last edited:
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!

How can the possibility of a Ford/Tesla partnership be discussed with no mention of Ford's partnership with Rivian?

Not that both couldn't happen, but?

This tweet is much more interesting than the boring bitcoin schmittcoin drama:

19 May 2021 Giga Texas IMAGES! Rains holding off! Busy day loading about 50 Model Y castings on trucks probably headed to CA. Footings in central area, steel work, ore walls & interior work today! Check out my YouTube Video (@JoeTegtmeyer
) later today & please subscribe!
So if they send castings from Austin to Fremont my guess would be that they do that since it would increase the production of cars there. And it would mean that Giga Texas has started to earn it's keep.
Edit: Or if they are stored locally to be used later Giga Texas still is casting money so to speak.

Last edited:
It also would provide some shade for Mr Biden not to have mentioned Tesla during his talk. An interesting proposition. I’ll give it about a 25% chance of being correct.

4-d chess enthusiasts might point out that Cybertruck's polarizing styling has accelerated the advent of BEV pickups, while simultaneously leaving the door open for a "traditional" pickup partnership.