Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can the possibility of a Ford/Tesla partnership be discussed with no mention of Ford's partnership with Rivian?

Not that both couldn't happen, but?
Rivian production is sold out to Amazon for a decade. They have no spare capacity to sell to Ford.

Even the Rivian Feb 2021 rumored European plant will not help for E/F150 prod. in N. America.

Imma call it the 3/F150 if/when it happens... :p

Cheers!

Lol, don't worry about that. An impairment charge on a digital asset won't hit the Income Statement unless Tesla sells. And we know they aren't, so don't worry.
I think they could easily decide to sell despite those comments and cite the unexpected decline as the reason in order to protect the balance sheet, etc., possibly as a stop loss order at cost. As an example, TSLA has done equity raises in the past very soon after saying they wouldn't.

Reactions: Ipe and FireMedic
Probably. However, what at the time seemed like excessively flamboyant engineering proclamations by Elon on twitter very often turned out in the end to be deep and important engineering advancements. So this explicit, and incongruous, micrometer reference could be something more profound than just bragging rights. A for all practical purposes perfect fit and finish is at most a milimeter issue, not something 1000 times smaller.
I agree. Perhaps there was a takeaway from developing the new battery line based on the continuous flow that the tabless design allows. Something like higher levels of precision enable corresponding increases in assembly line throughput.

For example, imagine you are trying to place items from a box onto your desk and the target location can shift to anywhere on your desk for each placement. Then, imagine you’re trying to do the same thing, but the target is in the same place. In the second situation, you will be able to spend less time planning the trajectory and you will feel more comfortable moving your arm faster.

In principle with sufficient precision, it’s conceivable that the assembly robots could be simplified—remove a degree or two of freedom even—thus making movements more economical, the robots more reliable, and the factory more dense.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the resulting vehicles were more reliable, more durable, and safer.

I think they could easily decide to sell despite those comments and cite the unexpected decline as the reason in order to protect the balance sheet, etc., possibly as a stop loss order at cost. As an example, TSLA has done equity raises in the past very soon after saying they wouldn't.
Unlikely, unless you think Elon's facing a mutiny. This tweet from earlier today: (diamond hands emoji's)

Elon Musk on Twitter: "Tesla has 💎 🙌" / Twitter

Reactions: wipster
Could it be the button? Will report back.

Edit: Oddly; updates are usually estimated at 30 minutes. This one 50 minutes.
13F025A1-70CB-48BC-A6EC-433DB749F5CD.jpeg

Last edited:
So if they send castings from Austin to Fremont my guess would be that they do that since it would increase the production of cars there. And it would mean that Giga Texas has started to earn it's keep.
At a minimum, we can see that shipping these castings is an option, even if not preferred. This flexibility might come in handy because these Gigapresses are long lead items and appear to be in short supply.

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!

Showing the President of the USA a Truck only to have guts made by another company..... that takes some GUTS :)

Lotta chatter right now about Ford buying its electric drivetrain for the F150 from Tesla. Let's put together a few items:
  • F150s spotted under wraps at a Tesla Supercharger station (U.S. plug compatibility?)
  • Performance specs very similar to Tesla Gen 3 tech (how likely could F do this on Job 1?)
  • Did anyone hear the E/F150 accelerate away driven by Pres. Biden (sounds like a "3" to me)
  • then there's Elon's deleted tweet last month about a sudden increase in Tesla value (why?)
  • from Q1 CC: Giga Nevada was supplying drive units for Tesla worldwide (covid travel ban)
  • implying Tesla has ~80K spare capacity per qtr for motors, inverters, once GF3 is localized
Okay, that's still not enough put all together for me to call it yet, but I'm getting interested. If Ford could secure their own bty supply, they could buy the tech from Tesla to a produce a salable product (esp. if they include access to the SC network). Now, is 300K/yr E/F150s going to be enough emissions credits for Ford? Well, it can't hurt.

Cheers!
1621441256101.png

a lot more interesting than bitcoin ... we needed this :D

Don’t worry about me and my money decisions. I’ve done nothing but buy more shares every $50 lower we go. But it doesn’t mean we have to be content with what’s happening. Remember a lot of Tesla employee need the money they get from options. And your condescension about it “saying more about me” just proves my point.
You have no idea what Tesla employees need anymore than you know what I need.

As I pointed out, the employees wanted the stock split and thus a lower SP so they could buy more shares. That came directly from Elon. Way back when that was going to happen the split SP was going to be less than half what the SP is today. Tesla employees never got to buy in the $200s, only very briefly in the high $300s, and only a short total period of time in the $400s.

So currently your talking out your ear on this topic unless you’d like to name a significant % of employees who’ve expressed to you directly that they’re upset about the current SP. No? Thought not.

More free PR: (from the King)

"After commending his opponent and adding what was the biggest win in his MMA career, Dariush used his interview with Joe Rogan to bring attention to the fact that he had ordered a Model X for him and his wife, who is due to deliver a newborn baby in June. “I wanna call somebody out. Joe, I’m wanna call out your buddy. Elon, Elon Musk, where’s my wife’s car, bro? I’ve been waiting six months. I’ve had a baby; I need a good car. I need to–I gotta protect my daughter. Let’s go, Elon! Get me my car,” Dariush said to Rogan."​

Last edited: