Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i would suggest you go to this Tesla url and read the page and think a few moments about Tesla Energy and how it will contribute to the stock price appreciation
1621695036557.png

40 countries so far
already managing gigawatts of power

No way they can just melt one of those intricate castings stored outdoors with dust, dirt, bugs, or the occasional bird nest and reuse that contaminated mess in the casting press again IMHO.
My understanding is that once the metal is liquified, the impurities either rise to the top or sink to the bottom (depending upon the metal and the impurities) where they can be easily removed.

i would suggest you go to this Tesla url and read the page and think a few moments about Tesla Energy and how it will contribute to the stock price appreciation
View attachment 664950
40 countries so far
already managing gigawatts of power
Good stuff,
Tesla Virtual Power Plant also has a good explanation on this. (along with the computer tech stack used)

With this approach, the virtual distributed grid ends at the home/powerwall.

Still doesn't cover V2H(home)/V2G(grid). Better to offer this capability sooner than later. Otherwise competition will use it as a weakness for Tesla. In the fine print, it will be OK to say using V2G will impact battery life etc. You are supposed to charge battery to 100% for long trips, for most folks it will be 4-10 times a year. Same way you use V2G in emergency. For most places in US, I think we can assume V2H will be < 2 times a year, if it all.(+ it is just customer piece of mind thingy )

Last edited:
Ok, weekend OT. I’m not sure what to even say about this. Any Catholics out there want to opine on his holiness’ choice for eco-conscious transport?

This does not surprise me even a little

I am Catholic ... Turns out Pope Francis was instrumental in my decision to buy a Tesla he penned the following ENCYCLICAL LETTER... in 2015
a lot of non religious folks assume Catholics don't believe in or understand science ... this could not be further from the truth ... read this and you will see what i mean

LAUDATO SI’ OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME

even if you are not religious it is a good read ... got me to finally take Climate Change seriously which led to my purchase of my MS and TSLA ...

here is a small taste of the encyclical ... he stresses how all lif is inteconnected and our actions have consequences

Climate as a common good

23. The climate is a common good, belonging to all and meant for all. At the global level, it is a complex system linked to many of the essential conditions for human life. A very solid scientific consensus indicates that we are presently witnessing a disturbing warming of the climatic system. In recent decades this warming has been accompanied by a constant rise in the sea level and, it would appear, by an increase of extreme weather events, even if a scientifically determinable cause cannot be assigned to each particular phenomenon. Humanity is called to recognize the need for changes of lifestyle, production and consumption, in order to combat this warming or at least the human causes which produce or aggravate it. It is true that there are other factors (such as volcanic activity, variations in the earth’s orbit and axis, the solar cycle), yet a number of scientific studies indicate that most global warming in recent decades is due to the great concentration of greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen oxides and others) released mainly as a result of human activity. As these gases build up in the atmosphere, they hamper the escape of heat produced by sunlight at the earth’s surface. The problem is aggravated by a model of development based on the intensive use of fossil fuels, which is at the heart of the worldwide energy system. Another determining factor has been an increase in changed uses of the soil, principally deforestation for agricultural purposes.

enjoy

WoW

I’m surprised by the Russian move, from Putin’s perspective. Isn’t most of his wealth in oil and Russia stands to gain tremendously from global warming, no?

Maybe he just a brilliant guy admiring a more brilliant guy, Elon.
People are complicated and full of contradictions, even someone like Putin. Additionally, Elon is very good at talking with all sorts of types of personalities and getting what he wants in the end; like that fully owned giga in China that so many claimed couldn’t happen. Granted not everyone can be convinced with logic and reasonability to do what’s right; like the previous presidential special committee Elon joined and then left. None of that means Elon shouldn’t try.

Perhaps it boils down to whether you believe everybody should be given an opportunity to choose rightly before crushing them under your boot for being stupid, immoral or unethical.

There’s a holding lot that I pass often and when I passed it yesterday there was a single black Model Y. Normally this lot is packed to the gills with a couple hundred vehicles. Even at the end of last quarter the lot never got below half full.
Must have stopped production due to a lack of demand.

Not sure if this was already mentioned but it sounds like the "bleeding edge" vision nets have already been pushed to cars a whole ago, except for FSD Beta folks.

Interesting.

I think this is true. I noticed last week that the autopilot on my morning commute started behaving differently. Truck were not ping ponging lanes. Car slowing down much better if the traffic far ahead was slow or standing still

No way they can just melt one of those intricate castings stored outdoors with dust, dirt, bugs, or the occasional bird nest and reuse that contaminated mess in the casting press again IMHO.
The best indication that those castings won’t be used and will be recycled is the way are handled and stored.

If they planned to used them I would think they would have had special rigs to store and transport them.

They seem to not care about bending anything or damaging them. It’s probably just test and calibration castings. They will be 100% ready to ramp the production by doing this now. No?

My understanding is that once the metal is liquified, the impurities either rise to the top or sink to the bottom (depending upon the metal and the impurities) where they can be easily removed.
Irrespective of either the above, I was concerned about the way those castings were placed directly on muddy ground. The very random dumping of the Jersey barriers shown in that same drone snapshot also belies my vision for how a state-of-the-art construction site would be managed.

Reactions: UncaNed
The best indication that those castings won’t be used and will be recycled is the way are handled and stored.

If they planned to used them I would think they would have had special rigs to store and transport them.

About 30%+ of castings in Fremont are stored similarly. They're just stacked on top of each other with no rigs or frames.

Screenshot_20210522-085053_YouTube.jpg

Are they recycling old news or is this a new case? Regarding the employee who claimed he was fired for reporting stolen copper.

Lynn Thompson said in the complaint that he noticed millions of dollars worth of copper wire being measured and cut, put on pallets and hauled off site. He said that on multiple occasions, starting in April 2018, he reported the theft of the copper wire to Tesla’s senior management, including Musk, and contractor ONQ Global.
The case is Thompson v. Tesla Motors Inc., 21-cv-976, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada.

Weekend semi Off Topic -

The development - but, far far worse - adoption and proliferation of the term “diamond hands” is, to me and anyone else versed in mineralogy, so risibly pathetic in that diamond is one of the weakest, most fragile substances in existence, that it makes me wonder if Mr Musk’s own use of it demonstrates that (a) he is pandering to the masses or (b) that he knows darned well just what it truly means which is, as I write above, the exact opposite of what its proponents believe. Either scenario does not reflect well on Mr M.

People are getting a little antsy about FSD. I am seeing an increasing amount of posts from unhappy customers on reddit getting more and more upvotes criticizing FSD roll out. It has been 3 years since the Model 3 was released and people's leases are up, or have crashed their car, or wants to upgrade to a Y. Because FSD can't be transferred, these people are feeling they paid FSD and got nothing for it. This problem is compounded by all these arbitrary dates Elon have been giving on twitter and missing those deadlines like 3 times in a row.
Elon’s FSD timing tweets probably do more harm than good. Every time I start to forget about his last FSD timeline comment (and stop anxiously awaiting something), he tweets again with a new FSD timing expectation, which reminds me again and gets me excited and anxious again. Honestly at this point I would prefer to stop with the hoopla and just deliver when you deliver. The constant emotional roller coaster for owners isn’t healthy IMO.