Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely terrified - I had no idea that Tesla used these on its cars…

47560554-0F22-414E-9509-C3595C33295E.jpeg

TLDR; another FUD apology.

A China-based Tesla owner has come forward in apology to Tesla after he published a video on TikTok showing Model X brake failure. The TikTok user said the video was a fake skit and for entertainment purposes only.”

Tesla Model Y overtakes Model 3 in April Global EV sales, Model 3 #1 in 2021​

Elon said it was coming soon; looks like he was sandbagging.

Tesla Model Y overtakes Model 3 in April Global EV sales, Model 3 #1 in 2021​

Elon said it was coming soon; looks like he was sandbagging.
R u saying Model 3 has a demand problem!?

1622642417755.png

TL;DR: My strong Q2 financial forecast assumes a 14% growth rate for Models 3&Y over Q1. Although June is the critical delivery month, April/May data points are very encouraging.

Deliveries outside of US, Canada and China
As I have shared in an earlier post, ships loaded for deliveries outside of US, Canada and China had loading times 21% above Q1 levels.

1622642985862.png

US & Canada
VINs reported by buyers on Troy's Order Tracker for Apr & May are greatly exceeding those reported in Jan & Feb. The trackers are international but they're dominated by buyers in the US and Canada.
I want to emphasize that an increase in reported VINs may be due to longer wait times for deliveries in Q2. The argument is that when delivery times are only 2-3 weeks, buyers won't bother completing the tracker. However, the increase in Q2 is very large and I think it indicates strong production rates at Fremont.
1622643545423.png

1622643558458.png

China
There's considerable FUD around China and this has increased as Shanghai has adopted the Wave for deliveries (production early in the quarter loaded onto ships thereby starving the local market). I still subscribe to the belief that Tesla sells every car it can produce and thus I focus on production. For my Q2 financial model, I have production and deliveries in China as follows for Models 3 & Y:
1622644141020.png

Tesla still has to execute strongly with logistics and deliveries in June but things look good at this point.

Share Price on Sale:

1622644762342.png

Last edited:
Like it or not, but the AMD RDNA guts suggest strongly that the mining might happen in each car. This times the number of cars eventually along with code optimizations and charging sources. Once they unify it, similar to protein folding or so, this will be big.

Not sure how I feel about it, but it is not only for smooth graphics in games.

Seems like a waste of hardware to have that PS5 level of power just sitting in a garage 90% of the time. (at least until RT happens) Tesla could also only permit mining if you are connected to a Tesla solar/battery system. Let's crank up the Tesla ecosystem effect to 11.

Texas Bid to Impose fees on electric vehicles fails- for now
(Subscription required, so I don’t have access)
I can't see the article, either, but here's what happened.

Texas HB 3531 imposed a $200 annual fee on EVs to replace lost gas tax revenues. It had been bouncing around the Texas House and Senate with amendments being added and deleted. The final action recorded on May 27 was the House returned it to the Senate due to "non-germain” amendments.

The Texas legislative session ended May 31 without resolving HR 3531. A special session will undoubtedly be called soon, but it’s unlikely this bill will be high on the priority list of things to be resolved. If it is not, it’s dead for two years.