Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else think there is a clear inverse correlation between tsla and the meme stocks on intraday? could also be correlation to Nasdaq. I suspect that whoever is coordinating these meme trades (I mean let’s be serious there is a discord channel somewhere there has to be, or an extremely big player because as individuals the game theory is really bad to buy at 10x value) has as the objective simultaneously crushing multiple positions of hedge funds on the opposite side so they may assume that the same people shorting meme stocks are long tsla (Or maybe it’s just me doing this). Thoughts?

edit: I guess a strong argument against this is it takes a lot of capital to move around a 600b$ stock, and likely tsla wouldn’t be the only long.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the time of Thursday's event and has a streaming link been shared by Tesla? Thanks, in advance.

I'm also one of those that would like more range. My 2021 Model Y has an EPA rating of 326 miles. In April I drove across Texas and had the cruise set between 75 and 82 depending on location. I managed about 200 to 220 miles of range in that situation. Would like to see real world range of at least 300 miles.
The higher the cruising speeds the better the Model 3 will perform relative to the Model Y. EPA combined test cycle averages around 30-something mph. Fast freeway travel is where aero wins the day. Both in range and time spent at the charger. I took a fast trip in my Performance Model 3 (with Aero wheels) across Washington, Idaho and Western Montana averaging 85-95 mph with about 1/2 hour done at speeds I don't want to mention and was amazed at the efficiency and how quick the charge stops were. I was running 60%-10% battery range and stopping at every other Supercharger. The Model 3 slices through air like no other car I've ever experienced.

It would help Tesla market their cars if the EPA came out with a new rating, one done at a steady 75 mph until the battery went flat. People tend to forget that the more efficient their car is, the quicker the charge stops. There is a good reason Tesla's don't look like Mach-e's or F-150 Lightnings.

Jalopnik - hour ago: Tesla App Code Hints At 'Safety Rating' That May Adjust Insurance Cost Based On How You Drive

Excerpt:

The safety rating page will track your vehicle and is linked directly to your insurance. It will show the number of hours you’ve driven, how often you use AutoPilot, ABS events, forward collision warnings, autosteer strikeouts, accelerator variance, and many other metrics on both a per-trip and monthly basis which you’ll be able to see in a neat graphical interface. You are given a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ rating (though it is unclear whether that rating will be visible to the end user) and, from what I can tell, appears to be exclusive to HW2 and above and software version 2021.4.12 is required.

I'm trying to think what the implications are. Assuming Tesla Insurance leverages your very accurate driving data, then its insurance will reward safe, infrequent drivers with lower rates, maybe even dynamically (e.g. if I stop driving to work every day, my rate immediately drops a commensurate amount). But presumably, Tesla Insurance will penalize fast, frequent drivers with higher rates. Naturally, those people will skip Tesla Insurance and opt to go with a traditional company for the lower rate.

How long after Tesla Insurance hits their market (e.g. I'm in Canada) before traditional, data-ignorant insurance companies start arbitrarily jacking rates for anyone with a Tesla? (because they assume you're one of the fast, frequent Tesla drivers)

I'm trying to think what the implications are. Assuming Tesla Insurance leverages your very accurate driving data, then its insurance will reward safe, infrequent drivers with lower rates, maybe even dynamically (e.g. if I stop driving to work every day, my rate immediately drops a commensurate amount). But presumably, Tesla Insurance will penalize fast, frequent drivers with higher rates. Naturally, those people will skip Tesla Insurance and opt to go with a traditional company for the lower rate.

How long after Tesla Insurance hits their market (e.g. I'm in Canada) before traditional, data-ignorant insurance companies start arbitrarily jacking rates for anyone with a Tesla? (because they assume you're one of the fast, frequent Tesla drivers)

Intensity of Acceleration and Braking - Speed variance due to extreme acceleration and braking. Shown on a scale from 0-10 as measured against Tesla’s internal fleet.

you’d think they would have had it go to 11.... Not sure I trust this. *wink*

I hate that I can simulate tslaq in my brain and it says ‘Tesla admits their fast cars are unsafe!’

Reactions: pdwitt
Earth humor, Aararr. Nanu nanu.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-06-07.15-41.png

Cheers!

Not a LEAP but I bought my first option this morning. A call for Friday. Doing well so far.
If you want to dabble into options i could recommend CSP ;)
Sell i.e. a 580 Put. If tesla stays above it: ~500 bucks for free. If it dips below: congrats you just bought 100 TSLA for 575 ;)

I prefer selling puts to directly buying stock .. you often get a discount if MM get their way. But you can loose the upside if the stock explodes.

There is no free lunch. If you get extra money you always give things up. If you sell covered calls on your shares you get money, but you give up all gains above the chosen strike.

This week (dependen on how the event goes) some 650-lottery-tickets also look very attractive ;)

But always watch your greeks!
I always display Portfolio-Theta (= what do i gain/lose in the next 24hrs if the stock does not move). At the moment i have a lot of calls for various dates open - and pay for them with various Credit-Put-Spreads.
In non-event-weeks or after a runup i go less heavy on calls (=delta) and more onto theta-strategies (like CSP, CPS, etc.).

Not advice. Just a bit background-information for people dipping their toes in the water :)

This week (dependent on how the event goes) some 650-lottery-tickets also look very attractive ;)
Speaking of which, picked up 150 of those this morning.

Would love to see a gap up tomorrow. Would love to see 'official' China numbers of 44K+ as well.

Then we would see some fireworks going into Thursday.

Just found this page to help contact your state representatives to support Tesla direct sales, for residents of Delaware, Wisconsin, Texas, New York, Connecticut and Louisiana.

For example for New Yorkers:
"Senate Bill 1763 / Assembly Bill 4614, a solution that would eliminate the cap on sales locations for manufacturers of electric vehicles (EVs) and bring more EVs to New York, is being considered by members of the State Senate and Assembly. Thank your legislators for considering the bill and encourage them to support S1763 / S4614 now."