Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think we would be unaware of 50 Tesla semis roaming the roads, or even 5?

They're being hyperlooped straight from Nevada through the new Boring tunnel.

Cybertrucks will come straight from Texas on SN18 touching down at 7:15 pm in Fremont.

All MS Plaids will get live updates through their in-bonnet Starlink dishes. While self driving around the track.

And of course the new Roadsters that will be launched straight from the Semi's.

ok, ignoring the fact that they are charging $135k for this Cybertruck camper, there is an interesting data point for investors to be aware of.

The amount of interest from the aftermarket world means it's not just the TSLA bulls, and future Cyber owners that are excited about the arrival of the Cybertruck. There are companies that are starting to gauge interest and bet real dollars in accessory development.

This is a rather bullish signal, as the aftermarket has to start designing and figuring out volumes for offering their products so they are not beaten to the market by others.

Can't wait for my Cyber.

1623257475033.png

https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus
There are moments where I miss Karen, but she was not the first poster to burn too brightly and fade early. Much has already been said about her departure.

We have had too many prolific and talented posters depart this forum over the years, though thankfully some are still kind enough to share their views on another medium. I wish cooler heads prevailed more often.

Where has this comparison been made so we can see the data?
In battery day presentation. Well known physics. Harder to get the heat out of the center of a bigger cell. More internal resistance, somewhat balanced out by tabless design. The 4680 represents the optimization of MANY factors, energy density, cost to make, ease of assembly etc. It does not make everything better. In the case of even a performance car, it will generally appear the same or better to the end user. But every aspect of it is not better. Someone developing an ultra-high performance car (something like PLAID) may actually find the math works better for 2170's or 18650's. There are so many factors at play. We will know more in 30 hours.

Thanks for constantly and consistently posting updates w the drone videos most don’t have any access to. I am sure it can get risky often. I am sure there are many here truly value your work just as much as rob maurer, smr, papafox to name a few, etc. where else can u get detailed info like this? Seems like an amazing time to be a retail investor.

So I have a friend that is all in GME and is convinced that shorts will eventually be forced to cover their naked shares. He thinks the share price will go up to it least 10k. In relation to TSLA he thinks there will be a market wide 50% drop. Just wondering what you all think about this?
It would be funny to let him know that by dollar value, TSLA is the most shorted stock... at roughly about $24B.

Even the biggies with trillion dollar market caps do not have so much short interest in nominal terms. AAPL is at ~$12B, AMZN at about ~16B.

Boat to NORTHERN France, shedloads in Zeebrugge, looking good. From memory, SR+ with white paint scrapes under France's price limit to get incentive.

Not sure of price in France, below 45k EUR?

2020-2022

The French government has canceled any bonus for cars priced above €60,000, than for the car that bonus will be €6000 in 2020 and €5000 in 2021; and €4000 in 2020 for the cars priced below €45,000 . For the car that cost between €45,000 and €60,000, the bonus is reduced by 50%,[64] but French government will certainly adapt if too many people bought foreign cars. French ( Zoe, E208, C4, DS-3 ... ) EV will be on Fully supported,but other foreign car and specially Tesla is targeted by this limit of €45,000.

Ship spotters might have to check some Mediterranean ports

#HyperionRay, latest Tesla ship of the quarter from Shanghai to Europe has entered the English channel and arriving soon to French port of Le Havre. It's a first, exciting!

1623258479144.png

Attachments

• 1623258391195.png
    1623258391195.png
    329.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Interesting this company made the announcement today. If Plaid uses 18650s as is most likely at this point, it’s also highly likely physical changes have been made to the cells which Tesla may reveal tomorrow.

In an interesting twist, the article from Fredtrek was removed. I'm not finding any primary sources about Nanograf's announcement.

EDIT to say I'm not suggesting any sort of link between Tesla and this company, but rather that the announcement seemed like it was meant to pre-empt a possible 18650 advance to be revealed by Tesla tomorrow. It may have been pulled because the company realized their "most advanced 18650" claim was going to be squashed tomorrow and that's a bigger risk than the win of front-running. Just a theory.

Last edited:
Karen's super-smart, but she's no Hedgie plant, well she's very much into plants, but in another manner

If you know, or research Karen a bit you'll see she dances to her own tune

Plus, she's far too knowledgeable about far too many esoteric topics to even be in the same circles as someone on Wall Street tasked with misinformation, let alone work for them! Wall Street does hire experts in their fields, but not ones like Karen.

I was totally on board with the post by @AMN right up until Karen was suggested.

This is among the largest pile of nonsense Tesla FUD I've ever read.
Largest pile of nonsense that was part of a FUD rumor back before we knew Q1 P/D numbers and was used to make people afraid Q1 P/D #'s were going to be terrible. Of course literally a week or two after this the amount of "finished" piles of castings greatly outnumber the "scrap" and then we got the Q1 numbers which should exactly how much the Gigapress helped 3/Y production at Fremont.

Hilarious post though care bare( not you, him). Like you really think we can't remember that from just 2 months ago???

Last edited:
After declining the Plaid+ to Plaid conversion (though the reservation is still on my account) didn't think there was a chance of going to the event but last night got an invite. Didn't see the email till this morning and by then it was full. Randomly refreshed the screen and eventually the registration form came up so I guess I'm going to the event tomorrow!

Today's also the 4 year anniversary of picking up my Model S, what a fun way to celebrate!

Looks like the robots at GF Berlin are already practicing passing Y castings around :)! Last week Tesla got permit for testing the production equipment.

"the robots at GF Berlin are already practicing passing Y castings around"

What'll they practice next, musical chairs??

Edit:

What'll they practice next, musical chairs shares??

FTFM.

After declining the Plaid+ to Plaid conversion (though the reservation is still on my account) didn't think there was a chance of going to the event but last night got an invite. Didn't see the email till this morning and by then it was full. Randomly refreshed the screen and eventually the registration form came up so I guess I'm going to the event tomorrow!

Today's also the 4 year anniversary of picking up my Model S, what a fun way to celebrate!

Fascinating! I'm in the same boat as you (declined Plaid+ to Plaid conversion) and fairly local to Fremont. Thoughts on why else you may have been invited?