Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother : I think my next car is going to be a hybrid
Me : You should go all electric. Hybrids are too complicated
Bro : I don't want to spend $100K on a car
Me : Model Y is 50K and Model 3 is even less than that
Bro : Really? I thought they were $100K+. I'm going to check it out.

That's how we get to $3000/share+. 1 convert at a time

If only there were some way for Tesla to disseminate information about its products to the billions of people who don’t follow Elon Musk on Twitter. Some way to ... I don’t know ... project images of their products into peoples homes, even just 15 to 30 seconds at a time, during breaks in their normal entertainment, somehow. Do you guys think networks could be convinced to trade small packets of airtime in exchange for money? I know it’s a crazy idea, but wow what a fantastic way that’d be to reach millions of consumers who are otherwise demonstrably ignorant of these cars.

The many delivery time threads on this very forum indicate that it is not time yet. :) All that advertisements will do is increase the wait time from 6-12 weeks to 6-12 months!

Google search engine never advertised. Advertisements have negligible or no impact on the adoption of Facebook, Twitter and Windows. Tech monopolies usually don't need advertisements. By the time Tesla is no longer demand constrained, it will be a tech monopoly.

The many delivery time threads on this very forum indicate that it is not time yet. :) All that advertisements will do is increase the wait time from 6-12 weeks to 6-12 months!

Google search engine never advertised. Advertisements have negligible or no impact on the adoption of Facebook, Twitter and Windows. Tech monopolies usually don't need advertisements. By the time Tesla is no longer demand constrained, it will be a tech monopoly.
You could make an argument that with more awareness through advertising, the entire company would benefit, would be able to expand faster through additional stock raises, and new customers would demand a slightly higher level of communication/PR.

You could also make the argument that Tesla is expanding as fast as it can and doesn't need the extra attention, I get that.
I think advertisement, education and exposure would only help at this point.

To the mod that keeps censoring my posts, I'm not even mad, I just want whatever I said to be legible. So if you gotta remove a cuss word just put in something else like *nincompoop*. Taking it out just made that last one make less sense. Night night for now.

Mod Edit: Yes - you seem blind to the fact the TMC does not permit the use of foul language. Moderators aren‘t here to amend your posts; if sewage is removed and what remains doesn’t make sense, blame yourself…and change your ways.

SpaceCash edit: lol no, what is this, the USS Mayflower? Using radio-permissible words isn't reasonable pretext for censoring thought on a forum like this. Who is offended? Nobody.

Last edited:
If only there were some way for Tesla to disseminate information about its products to the billions of people who don’t follow Elon Musk on Twitter. Some way to ... I don’t know ... project images of their products into peoples homes, even just 15 to 30 seconds at a time, during breaks in their normal entertainment, somehow. Do you guys think networks could be convinced to trade small packets of airtime in exchange for money? I know it’s a crazy idea, but wow what a fantastic way that’d be to reach millions of consumers who are otherwise demonstrably ignorant of these cars.
I won't engage in the perennial discussion if Tesla needs to advertise, but I'll post this:
1623658644024.png

Source: Those who have heard more about electric vehicles are more likely to consider purchasing one

In general, I'd view favorably some publicity to make people understand that right now, and not in the future,
EVs are an option. I still think the general FUD is slowing EV adoption worlwide.
People are slow to change their opinions.

I won't engage in the perennial discussion if Tesla needs to advertise, but I'll post this:

But I will... Remember Tesla has the highest "will buy EV again" score?
That means all others EV produce higher numbers of "I will NOT buy an EV again". Not even a Tesla.

Tesla advertising now would help sell more of those miserable EVs from "competition" that give those unfortunate buyers a bad taste of what EV is.
They then go on about telling others about their bad EV experience.
End result? Mission delayed.

Tesla will need to advertise when their own cars cannot be sold anymore at prices high enough for Tesla making enough profit.
If at that moment Tesla still wishes to sell EVs at all.

Hey Folks,
I would like to dabble again into investing more fresh money into Tesla and its securities. Can't get enough of TSLA :)
However, I am pretty annoyed and disappointed with my broker Interactive brokers UK, after the Brexit rules came into place. I was forced to switch to IB Ireland and they are asking me for ridiculous margin numbers since then.

I am looking to switch to another broker that provides the best margin rates. I am a European resident and I would be delighted for any suggestions.

Tesla is currently discounting Model 3/Y ~$1000 in China if you take delivery before the end of the month. And has been for a couple of weeks.

Suggesting there is not a long line of customers stretching for weeks months waiting for their ordered Model 3/Y.

Instead maybe Tesla should exchange some bitcoin for airtime explaining the benefits of its safety systems in China?

Tesla is currently discounting Model 3/Y ~$1000 in China if you take delivery before the end of the month. And has been for a couple of weeks.

Suggesting there is not a long line of customers stretching for weeks months waiting for their ordered Model 3/Y.

Instead maybe Tesla should exchange some bitcoin for airtime explaining the benefits of its safety systems in China?

Could be.

Or it could be that Tesla China want to deliver as many cars as possible in Q2 and have seen earlier that customers often delay picking up their cars. Perhaps just into the next month to get a new paycheck. A discount would counter that.