Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were. Until 2013.
Greens introduced the EEG. For every kWh that got used (even own solar!) You had to pay around 2ct to grid providers for making sure all those fluctuations won't cause blackouts & pay the private solar producers a lot of money (40ct/kWh If you sell it).
What conservatives did was just to add exclusions to all energy heavy Industries.. now EEG is 6.x ct/kWh and hated by everyone. But "the greens introduced it!!" they now claim.. -.-

I could take more, but this would go too much off topic.
Similar trends can be seen throughout Europe grounded in Fridays for future and similar. So greens maybe winning in more countries changing politics in Europe on a fundamental level and also affecting companies like Tesla.

One example is Grünheide where politics seems to bend the rules a bit :)
We will be going off topic in a rampant way here. I'll bring it back slightly on topic by stating that I believe Tesla has done more to push forward a solution to global warming than anyone and will benefit accordingly. Tesla changed the economics of being green, Tesla threatened VWs entire existence and thus VW had to change, etc etc for all auto makers. This will happen in energy as well, battery combined with solar/wind is so compelling the $ force other countries to adapt. The risk is that essentially free energy produced by solar farms will enable a rethinking of energy intensive manufacturing. Countries will either adapt or lose industry. Tesla is well positioned to benefit but like everyone else they need battery capacity and they need more than they have built. They have the energy software and business plans to adapt the grid to storage+renewables.

So, take heart. EU will be forced to adapt, if not because it is the right thing because it will be endanger the economies if they don't.

Any predictions for SP this week? July is just around the corner. So far everything looks favorable. I am sure they will push that “recall” fud hard this week. I am thinking the heavy hitters will want to confirm the deliveries and profits (w/o credits and bitcoin shenanigans) prior to jumping in more?

Here are my thoughts:
In Q1, Production & Deliveries (P&D) were awesome but the financials were so-so.
In Q2, I believe we will see P&D so-so (near consensus) but the financials will be awesome.

In Q1 we saw the Selling Price (SP) rise after the P&D was relased and then the SP went down after Earnings were released (Apr 26)
In Q2, my gut tells me we will see the SP flat to down after P&D but start to rise when the strong Earnings are released in late July.

Not financial advice....yada yada.

The reason for P&D coming in so-so, is that it looks to me that some of June's production in Shanghai will be exported and not counted as a sale until Q3.
So really no issue for the full year but we can see some Q2 sales shift to Q3. It all depends how the Analysts spin this.
I would love to see an epic P&D report but I am not positioning myself for this.

Last edited:
Provide both and have an F1-style swappable mechanism...
But then someone would detach it while driving and get in an accident and Ms. Lopez will have a field day and Consumer Reports will launch a video exposé in the dangers of detachable steering wheels and the Care Bears will put on their Chicken Little hats and warn us the sky is falling and the stock will tumble. None of which will bother me. But then Tesla will be forced to perform an OTA that makes driving with a detachable steering more of a PITA for the rest of us and that will really piss me off. All because human stupidity knows no bounds.

But then someone would detach it while driving and get in an accident and Ms. Lopez will have a field day and Consumer Reports will launch a video exposé in the dangers of detachable steering wheels and the Care Bears will put on their Chicken Little hats and warn us the sky is falling and the stock will tumble. None of which will bother me. But then Tesla will be forced to perform an OTA that makes driving with a detachable steering more of a PITA for the rest of us and that will really piss me off. All because human stupidity knows no bounds.

Well officer, I was driving down the highway when I began to swap out the steering wheel…

Well officer, I was driving down the highway when I began to swap out the steering wheel…

FWIW I had a friend in college with an old VW bug.

He left the nut off the steering wheel, and if anyone criticized his driving he would pull of the wheel (always on a straight bit of highway and he kept the car well aligned just for the joke), hand it to them, and say "if you think you can do better here you go"

Autopilot would've made the joke a lot safer.

(That said- it only took the once and I made sure we took my car anywhere after that.)

With only Honda left in the Tesla pool it seems like the EU part of credits will be down significantly 2021. I know the total wasn't in Q1 so the Q2 number will be interesting.

What? You mean to tell me Tesla is still getting emissions credits in 2021? I thought those were supposed to end by 2019 or 2020???

I guess we can count them all as a bonus then! 🤩

Anyone know much about the development of Tesla (or Boring) Vans or their high-capacity vehicles? From this article:

"Boring first told the LVCVA it was going to develop high-capacity vehicles — something that could hold maybe 16 people per trip like a van. Instead, it got 62 Teslas.

LVCVA President and CEO Steve Hill said Boring paused in developing a high-capacity vehicle because of the pandemic, noting that you wouldn’t want to use high-capacity vehicles with COVID-19 all around. But that time seems to have passed; we’re getting back to the ways of pre-COVID rapidly."

Also, this'll be a project, if accepted, right in the middle of the already accepted Google Village in downtown San Jose.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
a model 3 is about to go on pike's peak on mobil 1 youtube channel
anyone know when pobst is scheduled?
a model 3 is about to go on pike's peak on mobil 1 youtube channel
anyone know when pobst is scheduled?
Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 10.59.21 AM.png

Up now!

Woot! #1
Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 11.14.00 AM.png

Four Porsches to race in class.

Edit: The above ranking 1 through 8 of Exhibition Class remains. Randy Pobst MS Plaid in top spot. The four Porsches had thier own class and could not break the 7 min. marker (as per below). BEVs are Sexy. ICE, not so much. The remaining cars racing are non production custom open wheel ICE.
Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 11.44.03 AM.png

Last edited: