Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. Much of my career was in TV financial news. Our producers would regularly check the wires for news releases from corporate PR departments. Those from well known companies were usually accepted without question. If there were any doubts, a call was made to the PR department. I often did this myself. The press releases were useful air-time fillers.
I should add that we also phoned PR departments for verification or denials of information (FUD?) being circulated by third parties. Since Tesla has no PR department, many reporters just go long with what has been fed them. They will often indicate that they reached out to the company and have received no response. This can lead to frustration within the media and negative assumptions.

I should add that we also phoned PR departments for verification or denials of information (FUD?) being circulated by third parties. Since Tesla has no PR department, many reporters just go long with what has been fed them. They will often indicate that they reached out to the company and have received no response. This can lead to frustration and negative assumptions.
I was in such a role for a fortune 50 company, not having a PR department can be detrimental at times for a large company, sometimes someone needs to be serious and tweets are not a substitute for all forms of PR as history has proven.

Forward Observing

Warning, content is not for day traders or most humans.

First there were golf carts. Then Chevy tried selling all electric cars ~ and took them back. Tesla came along and took electric vehicles to a whole new world. Overcoming range angsiety is an unknown growth.

Steering wheels have been around since the early days of the individual auto. Yokes have been around on aircraft, and armored vehicles for a long time. Earlier yet was a left and right stick control or lateral control. In my fifty-five +/- years of driving, the wheel has been the only used method of driving the cars I have driven. I drove a newly minted rocket launcher with a steering yoke once, thirty ~ no, forty years ago, but cannot recall enough to compare launcher 30 miles per hour vs Model S sixty-five miles per hour. If our Model X had been offered with a yoke, both my wife and I would have chosen the yoke. Our mindo-eye will want to see a round object for a very long time; probably, possibly, or maybe.

Highway upgrades/safety improvements. Awhile back thru my observations while driving our drunk teenager Model X, I mentioned the need for dotted/dashes at T-Intersections to better assist (right side of road). Xena veers slightly to the right towards the T-Intersection. However, apparently someone thinks like me, and painted dash lines at one such intersection along SR3 between Shelton and Allen in Washington. Makes a clear and present safety fix.

Remember or hear about the cassette vs 8-track car stereo systems? When I got out of the army for the first time I bet on cassettes. Need I tell you who won that race? Later there was the VCR vs Beta TV tapes. I bet on VCR; in both cases I have moved on to yet better technology. Today, car manufacturers are arguing over radar vs camera for self driving systems. Most are just waiting for a clear winner before betting the barn. Meanwhile Tesla’s database grows. Does Elon use radar or camera software to safely land the rocket/missile fuselage? What do legacy automakers use in their space programs? Do any of the legacy automakers write their own software programs?

I can talk from memory/experience straight edge rasors too, if you are bored.

Where will we be in ten, no twenty years? Still using cassettes?:)

Spotted by my wife at a Japanese grocery store

489C47CE-B489-4022-9E2D-6998FC1E2E44.jpeg

I should add that we also phoned PR departments for verification or denials of information (FUD?) being circulated by third parties. Since Tesla has no PR department, many reporters just go long with what has been fed them. They will often indicate that they reached out to the company and have received no response. This can lead to frustration within the media and negative assumptions.
A denial of FUD these days, even from a proper PR dept, only lends credibility to the FUD.

"See! They denied it, it MUST be true!"

Elon is ignoring advertising and PR until we work our way out of whatever terrible phase this is of the Information Age. Seems a good plan. Hard to argue it isn't working.

A denial of FUD these days, even from a proper PR dept, only lends credibility to the FUD.

"See! They denied it, it MUST be true!"

It also goes the other way. They denied this FUD, but haven't denied that FUD, so it MUST be true.

In general a company can't respond to FUD as it makes things worse.

IMHO, those SINGULAR metrics don't mean much unless some sort of perspective is applied. In this case, I'd also combine a income metric to help visualize this better.

Simply, that 7.3 in Monaco is probably very different than 7.3 in Portugal and/or Iceland for average joe doe.
In this case, might be best comparing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of BMW 3 vs Tesla 3, Qashqai vs Leaf (or some better comparison) per country/region. Bit complex, costs vary a lot. A simpler way is that when Model 3 is lower TCO than BMW3/MercC in USA articles, it's MUCH cheaper in countries with higher fuel costs

In case anyone was interested in seeing a Plaid vs. a Nissan Leaf .... i mean 600hp GTR...... 😊 😊 😊 😊

Save the stunt driving for life/death emergency maneuvers or the race track. Glorifying this type of acceleration is plain wrong and puts not only the drivers at risk, but those around them, potentially your spouse and kids. Know that your car is capable of this acceleration is enough. Take it to the track in controlled conditions. Drive responsibly. Share the road. Hope these clowns loose their license before they hurt themselves and/or others.

Last edited:
The forward P/E is just Tesla latest quarters earnings, Q1’s earnings, projected a full year out…….. as if Tesla isn’t going to increase earnings each quarter for the next 4+ Quarters 🙄

And yes it ridiculously low considering Tesla is growing earnings faster than revenue.
Can someone explain to me like I’m a five year old the difference between earnings and revenue?

Reactions: Queeg500
Save the stunt driving for life/death emergency maneuvers or the race track. Glorifying this type of accelleration is plain wrong and puts not only the drivers at risk, but those around them, potentially your spouse and kids. Know that your car is capable of this exceleration is enough. Take it to the track in controlled conditions. Drive responsibly. Share the road. Hope these clowns loose their license before they hurt themselves and/or others.
Def was not condoning it.....agree 100%.

Reactions: Words of HABIT
It also goes the other way. They denied this FUD, but haven't denied that FUD, so it MUST be true.

In general a company can't respond to FUD as it makes things worse.
Agree, Tesla should not respond direct to any fund, but by golly gee, if they know an event is being implimented like an OTA update to improve AP controls to satisfy a China requested recall affecting 285,000 vehicles, then giving everyone a heads up on said event is not only prudent, but should be expected.

The forward P/E is just Tesla latest quarters earnings, Q1’s earnings, projected a full year out…….. as if Tesla isn’t going to increase earnings each quarter for the next 4+ Quarters 🙄

And yes it ridiculously low considering Tesla is growing earnings faster than revenue.
This is incorrect.

Forward PE ratios are calculated based on consensus for projected earnings over the next 4 quarters. It is not based on annualizing the last quarters earnings.

Can someone explain to me like I’m a five year old the difference between earnings and revenue?
Revenue is how much you bring in exclusive of expenses. (Top Line)

Earnings is your profit, inclusive of expenses, commonly expressed as Earnings.Per.Share (Bottom Line)

I am expecting Q2 to be a top and bottom line beat against the analysts.

Record revenue and EPS I believe is on the table.