Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, Porsche.

Porsche Readies Global Taycan EV Recall to Fix Software Issue​

Earlier this year, some Porsche drivers complained about the Taycan, which is powered by an 800-volt battery, suddenly stalling. In a filing on May 17, the NHTSA described the problem as “loss of motive power while in motion at any speed.”

Every car.
Requires trip to the dealership.
Yeah, for a SW fix. My understanding is that it's a problem with the 12V not being able to power up the systems, so perhaps the DC-DC converter...

"The greenest mix in the European market in 2025, with more than 65 per cent vehicles in sales mix electric or electrified"

gotta love this nonsense. Or electrified.. And what about brands that are 100% electric? Did they forget the most valuable auto company?

One can only imagine the articles if skeptics bothered to be skeptics of actual dying companies.
Well.. Tesla is no European company.. so of companies headquarterd in the european market they are the greenest..

Sweden came in at a monthly record 1499 for June. Someone was comparing to March this year, this is up 307 from the 1192 then. Previous record was 1354 in March 2020.

Q2 2021 was 1741 which is just shy of the record Q2 2019 which was 1782.
Sugar. I really hoped that June would be the first month when Tesla had the best selling car in Sweden but it was pipped during the final day by two Volvos and a MG EV. I also hoped that the plug-in vehicle share would finally climb above 50% but it ended up at 49,4%.

Here's hoping for October😊

Yes, this is normal behavior.

1625147459418.png

Last edited:
I love these kinds of charts (saw similar one earlier on here too - thx to whoever did it). My guess is that Q1+Q2 of 2021 will be 'essentially' somewhere between the whole of 2018 and whole of 2019. Above that is too much to hope. Probably obvious, but a delight to contemplate.

What I like to essentially call a bursting growth story

Edit essentially, bursting

I love these kinds of charts (saw similar one earlier on here too - thx to whoever did it). My guess is that Q1+Q2 of 2021 will be 'essentially' somewhere between the whole of 2018 and whole of 2019. Above that is too much to hope. Probably obvious, but a delight to contemplate.

What I like to essentially call a bursting growth story

Edit essentially, bursting
TSLA is essentially like a supernova. Exploding hard and bright, but it burns quickly. As we can see from the massive increases that the firework is basically over.
Let us look at the facts. Tesla grows exponentially. This is not sustainable. So, basically, the growth story must come to an end. And this looks like a violent end!
Thats why i call it a busted growth story. The explosion is already peaking! We can see it. Tesla is only able to construct 2 Factories. That is 1 more than last year. They won't be able to sustain building at this level. I cannot see them building 4 factories next year. So this is essentiall over. /s

Edit: /s added .. in case it was not obvious.. -.-
I mean .. do i (<--- picture there) look like Gordon "genius" Johnson?

Last edited:
White House tweet promoting EV's, infrastructure bill, and the Chevy Bolt

The Good: The Mission in general, Buy American!

The Bad: No mention of Tesla or Ford

The Ugly: Secretary Granholm (former Michigan governor) nor President Biden are likely ever going to jump in with both feet on Tesla's behalf the way they do with legacy auto. On one hand, I guess it's ok because anyone who considers a BEV will undoubtedly run across Tesla and a rising tide and what not. On the other hand, my sense of fair play is getting seriously rankled here. The government, who I'm told are the good guys now, completely ignore the leader and innovator and promote the laggards and followers.

No doubt this is a better situation for Tesla and The Mission, but there was less steam coming out of my ears when it seemed that the Feds were just pretty much never speaking about EVs at all and just letting things play out rather than playing favorites. So I guess overall I'm glad that the boat is sinking more slowly now, but I'm seriously pissed about the arrangement of the deck chairs.
It’s all about Michigan (Presidential election swing state). California and Texas are not up for grabs.

edit: what @AMN said

Last edited:
TSLA is essentially like a supernova. Exploding hard and bright, but it burns quickly. As we can see from the massive increases that the firework is basically over.
Let us look at the facts. Tesla grows exponentially. This is not sustainable. So, basically, the growth story must come to an end. And this looks like a violent end!
Thats why i call it a busted growth story. The explosion is already peaking! We can see it. Tesla is only able to construct 2 Factories. That is 1 more than last year. They won't be able to sustain building at this level. I cannot see them building 4 factories next year. So this is essentiall over.
/s

Thats why i call it a busted growth story. The explosion is already peaking! We can see it. Tesla is only able to construct 2 Factories. That is 1 more than last year. They won't be able to sustain building at this level. I cannot see them building 4 factories next year. So this is essentiall over.
Have you considered a career at GLJ Research?