Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Trevor is innocent. He doesn’t seem smart enough to engineer a fraudulent bake sale. I’m semi-serious here. My gut feeling is that he was someone’s puppet
He's been involved with fraudulent companies since he was an adult. Literally everything about him screamed fraud and in the end, it was pretty stupid simple to figure out.

I loved this segment on the All In Podcast from last week. They talk about all these haters on Twitter and haters of success (specifically mentioning Musk).

I've always felt like so much of the animosity towards Musk is from people who refuse to believe that his success was self made, perhaps as a way to avoid self-reflection about their lack of it.

Meanwhile, I am totally comfortable with reflecting on my relative lack of a success. ;)

Nice amount of early volume. Let's see if she holds.

In the mean time, I'm gonna dig into this fresh piece of journalism that has me very concernedt.....

View attachment 689507
Wouldn't surprise me if this was in a section of "tips" on how to keep conversations short so as not to distract the driver to ensure a safe ride, but of course when you take it out of that context it's not hard to spin as "OMG, Dear Leader Musk is turning the screws on the Tesla Gestapo machine to make sure his taxi drivers only say nice things about him!"

Reactions: SN_8
What didn Jonas ask?
Don't know. For those that have listened to years of conference calls where Adam asked the most clueless questions, this is richly dripping with irony on many levels. AJ seems like a nice person but he initially showed up on conference calls and asked ridiculous questions again and again and again. He finally attempted to escape from the ridicule he received by asking for help dealing with the technical side of Tesla's business. It could be argued that the ridiculous questions he asked as a business analyst led to Elon finally throwing in the towel and opening up the calls to the retail investor questions. Yeah!!

To have AJ be the one asking _any_ probing question of Ford and their EV business is hilarious to me even though I have not listened to the call. I may just have to. Again, I sort of like AJ for his sincerity in asking for help. It must have worked. He has been doing a better job with Tesla lately.

I think it is a demand issue. They installed a lot of powerwalls in Q2 so they are physically installing many of them, just not enough to meet the orders.

I'm not sure things will get better with Tesla Energy until the 4680's are in full production.
"While much of the battery cell discussion focused on its 4680 cell that is in development, Musk also touched on Tesla’s intentions to power some of its products with cheaper lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) batteries. Specifically, he said there’s a good chance that all stationary storage could move to iron-based batteries and away from nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) and nickel-cobalt-aluminum batteries."

To have AJ be the one asking _any_ probing question of Ford and their EV business is hilarious to me even though I have not listened to the call. I may just have to. Again, I sort of like AJ for his sincerity in asking for help. It must have worked. He has been doing a better job with Tesla lately.
You can just read the transcript: Ford (F) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

Adam Jonas -- Morgan Stanley -- Analyst

My question on EVs, right, your BEVs, when do you think that they can be a positive profit on a fully costed basis, not contribution? Like when can they be profitable? And do you think 2022 is still too early for that? My first and I have a follow-up.

John Lawler -- Chief Financial Officer

Yes. Thanks, Adam. Actually, Mach-E is profitable, contribution margin positive, and profitable on the bottom line today. So we've seen strong demand for that, yes.

So I think when we look at it, over time, as we've talked about at Capital Markets Day and we've talked about with you, we've got to ride that technology curve down. We've got to get to the $80 per kilowatt-hour for the battery pack before the end of the decade. We've got to scale the BEV content. We have commonality in the top hats and other components that will help us as well.

And then, of course, we need to build on our services and such to really improve the profitability of the BEVs as we move forward. But I can tell you that Mach-E is profitable today.

Adam Jonas -- Morgan Stanley -- Analyst

Well, I mean, that's incredible at a $50,000 type run rate for that to be correct. OK. My follow-on question, Jim, is about always-on in the order bank. I mean, I think this is really huge.

Just really interesting, when you combine the order bank system with always-on, where you go kind of can engage the consumer directly for services and F&I and insurance and the OTA. But I am talking to some dealers that are freaking out, that some Darwinian forces could be at work where you're not, let's say, directly infringing on the franchise laws but you're dancing close, as you probably should, given all the technological changes over the past 70 or 80 years since these laws came. So what's your message to them? What if order book goes to 80% of your units or the majority and then the dealers are just the delivery centers and then you're going direct on all the other wonderful services? What's the message to the dealers?

Jim Farley -- President and Chief Executive Officer

Great question. Well, we're going to have a couple of different population of dealers. We're going to have our professional dealers, and the answer is a little different for them versus our retail dealers. We'll have our rural dealers, and the answer is a little bit different for them than the suburban urban dealers.

I would say the message we're giving to our team, our dealers is, look, we're going to have to work really carefully together because the customers are going to have a lot of questions on Ford BlueCruise, for example. So we want to make sure the dealers are very knowledgeable about these new OTA features that are really meaningful in the use of the customer's life. That's one. The second one is service, service, service.

That is the most important thing for us. It's wiring a closed loop between the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle, the service capacity of the dealers, and the customer is going to be the most important ballet we're going to have to play together with the dealers. This is especially true for Ford Pro. And in fact, today, we already have 160 remote trucks doing service for our commercial customers at their business, warranty work.

That's a good example of the evolution of the business model where they're taking their service department from a fixed hub and going on the road with their service capacity. And those trucks have to be cooked into the vehicle data and the prognostics, our parts legacy system to order parts, and the dealers on dispatch system. That has to be a closed-loop. So all I would say to you is the orchestration and our benefit, our chance to win just like maybe targets a chance to win versus the online retailers is that in-person service, especially in professional customers.

I loved this segment on the All In Podcast from last week. They talk about all these haters on Twitter and haters of success (specifically mentioning Musk).

I've always felt like so much of the animosity towards Musk is from people who refuse to believe that his success was self made, perhaps as a way to avoid self-reflection about their lack of it.

Meanwhile, I am totally comfortable with reflecting on my relative lack of a success. ;)

Agreed....the only salty people that hate Elon have either:

a) Shorted Tesla
b) Missed the boat on Tesla

They then resort to spite and hatred....hey...i missed the boat on Dominos Pizza, does not mean i won't eat it if its at a party :)

Don't know. For those that have listened to years of conference calls where Adam asked the most clueless questions, this is richly dripping with irony on many levels. AJ seems like a nice person but he initially showed up on conference calls and asked ridiculous questions again and again and again. He finally attempted to escape from the ridicule he received by asking for help dealing with the technical side of Tesla's business. It could be argued that the ridiculous questions he asked as a business analyst led to Elon finally throwing in the towel and opening up the calls to the retail investor questions. Yeah!!

Didn't AJ recently changed his tune and consider ICE to be toxic asset because it's part of the business on the decline? Or am I thinking about someone else?

In other news...a 65 page lawsuit against our fav T-Milli has been released, here are the highlights:

1627569103931.png

Volume is still low so I dont think this is a whale eating yet.

7M shares in 55 mins isn't bad for a summer day. Looks like it may continue.

IV must be spiking, a roll order I've had sitting with a high net credit limit just executed. Gonna take the proceeds and buy a couple of these nosebleed bull call spreads for Mar 2023.