Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll just leave this here:
4AF09B41-21D3-40B4-9B1E-8273BB97E9F3.jpeg

Summary of relevant stuff I heard... none of it super surprising, but some certainly less...enthusiastically bullish...than some speculation I've seen lately:

CT end of 2022 to start, volume production in 2023

Semi and roadster not till 2023 he thinks

No 4680 other than Kato this year, 4680 production in Texas next year

Austin "by end of year" for Y (fed by kato sounded like), volume by end of next.

MIGHT start scouting for locations next year for new factories, maybe make a decision in 23 for location...meantime expand existing further including 50% in CA but space is very tight.... which to me reads as 2024 earliest before initial production would start for any new plant, volume 2025... bit later than many have speculated.

No plans for dividends, reiterates it means you're out of things to invest in internally

Tesla insurance live in Texas next week, aspirational nationwide next yet but challenging for 50 states regulation

ATV probably will be made in Texas

thanks for summary. helpful.

No plans for dividends, reiterates it means you're out of things to invest in internally
thankfully we can put that nonsense to rest now for at least another year

————

the 4680 from kato vs. 2170s to start with Austin Y is sneaky good news

I could understand how an outsider might think Philadelphians would be anti-Tesla. We do tend to be a bit......abrasive......toward anything. :)

Honestly, I doubt there are any major subgroups that hate Tesla, that's just something we're programmed to think is likely. It's like solar power, conservatives freakin love solar power in my experience. The narrative is generally the opposite.
He's probably basing his judgement/observations on the behavior of Philadelphia sports fans :)

Summary of points adapted from a post on the Reddit Megathread:
  • Tesla to license their FSD software to other manufacturers if they would like to use it
  • Giga Shanghai now produces more cars than the Fremont plant
  • Expanding Fremont’s + Nevada's capacity by up to 50%
  • 18% better factory safety than the overall industry
  • Tesla is moving their headquarters to Austin, Texas
  • Cybertruck start production at the end of next year, volume production in 2023
  • Semi and roadster will begin production in 2023
  • No stock split yet
  • 4860 cells are being produced in their California pilot plant now, it will have a capacity of 10 GWh per year
  • Production of Model Y in Austin this year, high volume production next year
  • No plans for dividends. Wants to focus putting money back in Tesla.
  • Next year there will be a huge energy push, including working with home builders
  • Over time Tesla will make all major variants of vehicles, including a mini bus
  • FSD Beta 10.2 coming out Friday midnight CA time. 1000 people with 100 safety scores.
  • Elon does not know his safety score
  • Safety score algorithm will improve
  • Tesla is doing a number of battery projects in Texas. 100 mega watt project in Houston.
  • 40 GWh capacity for Megapack plant in CA
  • Tesla insurance should be live in Texas next week
  • Plan to upgrade Tesla insurance in California, based on actual driving history.
  • ATV will be produced in Austin. Low center of gravity. Trying to make is very safe.

Last edited: