Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon seems very calm and unstressed, which is always a huge thing for me.

4860 going right into Model Y in Austin is awesome. And it doesn't sound like it'll hold up ramping there. Great news from a product standpoint.

So basically, once all these covid supply disruptions begin to fade, cell production at Austin and Berlin will begin to scale. Perfect timing.

Sounds like everything is going to plan......while the rest of the industry slowly implodes.

Summary of relevant stuff I heard... none of it super surprising, but some certainly less...enthusiastically bullish...than some speculation I've seen lately:

HQ moving to Texas, will still be doing production in CA and expanding.

CT end of 2022 to start, volume production in 2023

Semi and roadster not till 2023 he thinks

No 4680 other than Kato this year, 4680 production in Texas next year

Austin "by end of year" for Y (fed by kato sounded like), volume by end of next.

MIGHT start scouting for locations next year for new factories, maybe make a decision in 23 for location...meantime expand existing further including 50% in CA but space is very tight.... which to me reads as 2024 earliest before initial production would start for any new plant, volume 2025... bit later than many have speculated.

No plans for dividends, reiterates it means you're out of things to invest in internally

No plans for a split at this time- later maybe

Tesla insurance live in Texas next week, aspirational nationwide next yet but challenging for 50 states regulation

ATV probably will be made in Texas