Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know that'd work so much better if he wouldn't start every drive with the speed setting at +5 MPH over the speed limit.

He's doing 30 in a 25 and wonders why it can't handle it (and also doing 35 in a 30). Drives around for 30 minutes with multiple disengagements before he turns it down to +1 and is doing 26 in a 25 and it's working better.

To add to the fun every drive I ever see him do he starts at +5, apparently that's what he leaves it at between videos.

But he doesn't seem to get that running over the speed limit is not proper behavior for FSD Beta.
If this is such an obvious problem then Tesla should restrict vehicles to the speed limit during FSD.

Perhaps I missed it with all the other stuff, but the side cooling of the 4680 cells is a diversion from the plan, right?

So to me that means Elon wasn't satisfied with the original solution of top(and bottom?) only cooling, and it took reversion to the less simplified side cooling to get past his engineering hesitation mentioned in the 2Q call? I believe he mentioned they were 99% there and just figuring out safety.

Reactions: Ogre and JustMe
Perhaps I missed it with all the other stuff, but the side cooling of the 4680 cells is a diversion from the plan, right?

So to me that means Elon wasn't satisfied with the original solution of top(and bottom?) only cooling, and it took reversion to the less simplified side cooling to get past his engineering hesitation mentioned in the 2Q call? I believe he mentioned they were 99% there and just figuring out safety.

They figured out the remaining 1% and this is the solution.

Was watching Everyday Astronaut visit at Firefly Aerospace and how they make their rocket engines.

The casting technology Tesla is developing is the future of manufacturing?

They will cast rocket engines and everything else?

What it takes to be the best at manufacturing in this Universe?

Future is going to be amazing? 😋

Foxconn released teaser video of their MIH EV open platform for sedan, suv, and bus today. Supposely on their tech day (Hon Hai TechDay 21) people will be able to ride or see these cars in person. Keep in mind Foxtron is in talk to buy Lordstown's factory, assume to build these EVs. That Cybertruck "inspired" headlight though.....

*Edit* Fixed typo, thanks @RobDickinson

Last edited:
Foxconn released teaser video of their MIH EV open platform for sedan, suv, and bus today. Supposely on their tech day (Hon Hai TechDay 21) people will be able to ride or see these cars in person. Keep in mind Foxtron is in talk to buy Lordstown's factory, assume to build these EVs. That Cybertruck "inspired" headlight though.....

ICE is dead. Yep.

They are calling it the “Model C”?

I mean… Musk‘s naming wasn’t exactly inspired, but can we be any more derrivative?

If this is such an obvious problem then Tesla should restrict vehicles to the speed limit during FSD.
It's not that big of a deal if you don't take it to a poorly lit road, at 3am, with poorly marked lanes, and then try to go over the speed limit.

Have it set to +5 on your morning commute to work, the drive to lunch, and the commute home on the path you take every day? Fine.

Start up multiple cameras and take it to the hardest road you can find? You might want to turn it down to the speed limit instead.

Driving around, stopping, saying hmm, what part of town would be hard for FSD, and then driving there isn't the normal use case for FSD. If you are looking for trouble you can find it. I'm just saying if you are looking at the hard corner cases at least give the system a fighting chance and don't expect it to go 20% over the speed limit while tackling roads that give humans a challange.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think the overflow lot of all the dusty model S are pre-production refresh not approved for public consumption as they were retooling, tweaking, and obtaining permits for the new line.

Maybe it is an issue with chips, they switched to new chips, and the software didn't work as expected, perhaps they are still trying to fix the software, because swapping out all of the chips would be a pain....

If the cars at not suitable for sale, then surely they contain some useful parts, I would expect them to be slowly taken away and taken apart, or used for testing purposes...

I was hoping all of these would ship in Q3, it doesn't look like they are going anywhere..

Maybe it is an issue with chips, they switched to new chips, and the software didn't work as expected, perhaps they are still trying to fix the software, because swapping out all of the chips would be a pain....

If the cars at not suitable for sale, then surely they contain some useful parts, I would expect them to be slowly taken away and taken apart, or used for testing purposes...

I was hoping al of these would ship in Q3, it doesn't look like they are going anywhere..
They delivered over 8k cars. There are what like 150 sitting on the lot here? That's like 2 days worth of deliveries. I seriously doubt these 150 cars couldn't get chips and have been sitting on this lot for months when the other 8-9k cars went to customers. Also their S delivery date has moved forward by a month, meaning their are ramping up fast this Q.

I don't know what to think, I am skeptical. Not sure if the video if full of CGI or IRL. Nothing in the video move other than the vehicle. I'm going into wait and see mode.