Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other tidbits from the bill-

After Dec 31 2026 only vehicles with final assembly in the US qualify.... that seems a significant one I hadn't seen mentioned.

Credit ends Dec 31 2031- otherwise no cap on # of vehicles.

Credit is REFUNDABLE (you don't need tax liability equal to the amount to get it)

Also-
USED plug ins qualify for $2000 credit if battery >40kwh, gas <2.5 gal, and placed in service before Jan 1 2027...*bumps to 50 kwh 2027 forward*

Used vehicle must be at least 2 old (defined as model year of car is at least 2 years earlier than current year when you buy the used car)

Income cap is much lower for used credit- 75k individual, 112.5k HoH, 150k married.

Max price of used vehicle is 25k

Must be a first sale after original purchase, and to someone who hasn't already gotten this credit in the last 3 years.

2/3 wheelers also qualify for a credit- $7500 or 30% of price whichever is less.... and must have battery of at least 10 kwh and exceeding 45 mph.

Mostly OT: I highly doubt Elon is the richest person in the world.

Unlike the self-made upstarts listed in Forbes magazine, the richest people in the world got their money the old-fashioned way: inheritance and crime. They use their very large resources to stay out of the public eye, and control their wealth anonymously through shell corporations in tax havens around the globe. They probably pay Forbes researchers to keep them out of the magazine.

My evidence for this? Paranoia, logic, some reading about the Panama Papers and Pandora Papers, and observation of the amount of lying in media like Forbes magazine. If the financial media report something, odds are good that it is false.
In any event, rich on paper isn't the same thing as rich because of physical assets.

• Disagree
Reactions: kbM3
Which Jim Farley do we believe?

1635470252334.png

1635470227964.png

Oh it is! I just drove my Tesla out there a few weeks ago and hiked the west coast trail. One of the craziest experiences of my life. Multiple times I thought I was going to die. It should be called the west coast obstacle course.

Did that in 2019... took the rickety bus in and out
Beautiful scenery, but I felt the same way as you
My hiking buddy wasn't fazed at all and could have gone the route twice...

Found out why $TSLA was rising today and AH:

View attachment 726866

Same Cramer that said $TSLA was going to $1k last week.....

i’m not sure he even knows what Ford does, let alone Tesla.

he may know some basic stuff about tesla, and it’s nice that he’s said some good things about them over the last 18 months.

but he doesn’t understand the tech, the innovation, the engineering problems, or how hard they are to solve.

he’s a cartoon. it’s likely any harm he causes isn’t pre-mediated at this stage of his game.

but it’s probably not wise to base your investment decisions on his “analysis” because…he’s a cartoon.

F67F370C-D65C-4DB6-8770-337079A86241.jpeg

Oh it is! I just drove my Tesla out there a few weeks ago and hiked the west coast trail. One of the craziest experiences of my life. Multiple times I thought I was going to die. It should be called the west coast obstacle course.

If you all liked that video I also went to Victoria and Vancouver and did some food reviews.

What does this have to do with TSLA. Well because of TSLA I retired and did nothing for a year. I got very bored so decided to start doing YouTube videos.

Maybe OT;
In the mid-60's, My dad would sometimes rent the GT350H when he came home to NY on weekends from CA (Long Story).
I remember the first one was white (with a 4 speed), I left the radio on all night and ran the battery dead. He was not a happy man when he missed his flight from JFK to LAX on Monday AM.
But loved that car and had a couple of mid 60's mustangs later on.
The Tesla's in the Hertz fleet will light a fire in both the Parents that rent them and the Kids that ride in them.
I'm just concerned about the lack of charging infrastructure. If you can't charge overnight and wake up to a fully charged car, then EVs can be kind of a PITA. I just spent a week in San Diego and I wasn't able to charge at the Airbnb I stayed at. You can't even search for places with EV charging on Airbnb. This is definitely going to be an issue for people renting EVs on their vacations and business trips.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kbM3 and SOULPEDL
I'm just concerned about the lack of charging infrastructure. If you can't charge over night and wake up to a fully charged car, then EVs can be kind of a PITA. I just spent a week in San Diego and I wasn't able to charge at the Airbnb I stayed at. You can't even search for places with EV charging on Airbnb. This is definitely going to be an issue for people renting EVs on their vacations and business trips.

That would be a problem only if somehow they stop building the supercharging network. Of course they won’t.

That would be a problem only if somehow they stop building the supercharging network. Of course they won’t.

Also if there weren't plenty of hotels you can charge at.

As to airbnb, I just look for there being an electric dryer and plug into that usually- or failing that usually anything that isn't an apartment you can at least plug into 110v.

I had access to superchargers, but it was definitely inconvenient. I had to wait in line twice and go out of my way three times. With an ICE rental I would have only had to go to a gas station one time.
Also if there weren't plenty of hotels you can charge at.

As to airbnb, I just look for there being an electric dryer and plug into that usually- or failing that usually anything that isn't an apartment you can at least plug into 110v.
You still have to get permission from the homeowners, and run extension cords across sidewalks and do a bunch of monkeying around etc. The average person isn't going to want to deal with that kind of a hassle. I would do just about anything to avoid driving an ICE car, but I'm pretty sure that's not the norm.

Reactions: kbM3
I'm just concerned about the lack of charging infrastructure. If you can't charge over night and wake up to a fully charged car, then EVs can be kind of a PITA. I just spent a week in San Diego and I wasn't able to charge at the Airbnb I stayed at. You can't even search for places with EV charging on Airbnb. This is definitely going to be an issue for people renting EVs on their vacations and business trips.

Well, you will be happy to know that this particular problem has already been solved.

Airbnb does allow searching for EV charging (see below).

With more and more travelers wanting that feature I’m sure hosts will find ways to accommodate them (us).

1629C3BE-19C8-4400-BB0D-CED139355AD3.png

Last edited: