Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize I’m small fries around here, but today, thanks to you all, I’m now part of the 2 comma club.
I literally could/would not have done it without my TMC friends/family. You gave me the insight and gave me the strength to hold strong/build the position on the down days.

I am forever grateful. 🙏

you’d need 5.555m users at $15/mo to get to ~1b / yr rev (excluding ancillary non-subscription charging)

how long until 5.5m non tesla are produced let alone sold and signed up for that?
A few years, I'd wager. I'll take a billion a year in nearly 100% gross margin in a few years, if Tesla doesn't want it.

Regarding sharing of the superchargers - it is a great development for many reasons. Among other(some have been mentioned):
- Great Tesla PR to the target audience. They may have bought a ID4 now, but the constant Tesla app PR, and the knowledge they only have access to part of the network will easily lead to the next purchase to be a Tesla.
- Charging patterns of individual car types can give Tesla probably very valuable information of non-Tesla car types - their usage, ranges, habits, etc. This could lead to focus of showroom centers in particular locations, perhaps even individualized adds on the Tesla app for these users for purchase of Tesla cars.
- It disentivises any other company making their own network, handing to Tesla an effective monopoly on the charging network. More great PR, more large profit form outside Tesla.
- Having a monopoly on the charging network would make the creation of a Tesla food chain at chargers very profitable indeed. This has been hinted, and I would not be surprised if it happens in a few years, perhaps with TeslaBots as waiters. This would also be a great advertisement and practical demonstration for TeslaBots - think how great the Boring company is a great advertisement for Teslas.
Means you turn those who are pro-non-Tesla brand (and some are therefore ANTI-Tesla) into pro-Tesla (at least for Superchargers). Putting obstacles in the way of new Superchargers becomes politically toxic - it's like removing fuel stations for ICE from an area - people get really upset about it, especially in under-served areas (rural). It also unlocks funding & land as often restricted to open networks. Especially useful to get more Superchargers on trunk/long-distance routes.

So Tesla adapter will need long cord. More expensive, bulky. Sucks to be them.

I think an extension cord would likely slow down the maximum charge rate. More connections, more cable length, no liquid cooling. Imagine how a Mach-e owner whose late to a wedding will feel when his app informs him his charge rate has been nerfed due to using an extension! Never again!

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
you’d need 5.555m users at $15/mo to get to ~1b / yr rev (excluding ancillary non-subscription charging)

how long until 5.5m non tesla are produced let alone sold and signed up for that?
Who cares about a billion here or there. A billion is not what it used to be. We are talking trillions these days.

Worse than giving away a Tesla moot to other EV companies is that many of their EVs are not suitable for charging at a Tesla supercharger. Their charge ports are situated in such a way that they have to occupy two spots to even be able to reach the socket with the charging cable. Among them the E-Tron (left in the picture below), Taycan (second from the left), ID.3 (right) and ID.4. Second from the right is a Model 3. The ID.3 and ID.4 have their charging port on the wrong side, which means no other car can charge next to them.
1623875214412-png.674065
You have the Taycan wrong, they can just pull straight in and plugin as shown in this video:

At least at sites with this layout.

Last edited:
11/5 call option volume appears fairly absurd to me today, can someone confirm?

89K @ $1200
39k @ $1250
33k @ $1300
15k @ $1400

Is this the wsb crowd trying to squeeze or is this relatively normal volume for a volatile non-summer day?
Volume on short-term calls is pretty high right now, which is where the gamma squeeze chatter is coming in.

Let's get this into the record. Over 2 MILLION shares traded in the Pre-Market. That's gotta be near the record for Pre-market volume:

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 01, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 02, 2021 04:00 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1145 +31 (+2.78%)
Pre-Market Volume2,050,520
Pre-Market High$1158.5 (08:00:04 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1116.785 (08:02:14 AM)

Cheers!

Amusing that bears focus on car sales when Tesla's business fundamentally changed today as Tesla is now a mass transport energy supplier.

It's equally as amusing when you realize how much of the charging service market share Tesla has when you look at how many superchargers they have out against the competition + how much they have coming online in the coming years. It's like Tesla owns 75% of all the "EV" gas stations in the world. :oops:
It's even more impressive when you compare the number of "working" charging stalls.

People willing to pay are also high utilization users which means potentially 50-80 euros/month going to Tesla. Revenue wise you just need about 1 million users to hit a billion.

I realize I’m small fries around here, but today, thanks to you all, I’m now part of the 2 comma club.
I literally could/would not have done it without my TMC friends/family. You gave me the insight and gave me the strength to hold strong/build the position on the down days.

I am forever grateful. 🙏
That's so awesome; congrats @FM!

I've not said it enough times. But I concur this board is the foundation upon which my HODL decision is built. Without it, I'm sure I would have sold a few shares along the way, rather than continuing to build my position. Even today at all time highs, I'm much more inclined to try to figure out how to come up with more available cash to buy more shares rather than taking some profit to diversify.

I am also forever grateful. 🙏