Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold today at $1200. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks.

Nobody has ever failed at timing the market, right?
I think you'll be relatively OK, just don't let the 4Q earnings call happen without buying back.

We're gonna need to see regular reports on what you've done with the cash between now and then. Expectations will be high.

Oh, and if we split in January......you're F'ed. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Radish11
Frankfurt 💥🚀

Attachments

• 5792A4FB-BCE0-40E5-B876-05C56A540E0B.jpeg
    5792A4FB-BCE0-40E5-B876-05C56A540E0B.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: Paul_SF
So much of my wealth is tied up into Tesla. I wish there was something I could do with some of my gains. I’ve always wanted a Ferrari but gas cars are against my religion. Been waiting for my forever delayed Model X Plaid but I doubt I’ll get it within the next 2 years. Same with Roadster. My house is paid off (thanks Spiegel). Thought about rental properties but real estate here in SW Florida pretty much doubled in price since Covid. I don’t like any other stocks. So I sadly sit here, watching my account balance grow 🙁

How much further do you think we'll run before we get a dip?

Can’t time the market. The fudsters are losing steam. Unless there is upcoming weak macros I think we will be up for a while. If your target price us higher than what it is now, just buy.

Do I believe it’ll be 2000$ stock by 2025? Most likely - thus buy.
Do I believe it’ll be 1500 by 2025? Definitely - thus buy.

Do I believe it’ll be less than 1200 by 2025? - if yes, then don’t buy.

Buying tesla is very easy if thought this way. We all want to get a good deal but this way it’s less of mental gymnastics.

ibkr

pro not lite

pro has better rates. lite has 0 commissions and 2.57% margin

pro commissions are minuscule anyway. i pay about $1 for stock and options trades

obv with options the more contracts you accumulate the more the commission.
but to me getting a good execution rather than pay .5-.10 or more on every contract x #of contracts # 100 multiplier is a better route.

ibkr and fidelity generally best “all around” online brokerages but some others have pros and cons. webull looks interesting but haven’t dug too deep into that yet. if robinhood mugs people on stock, imagine what they’re stealing on options? i’d avoid players like that at all costs.

admittedly when starting out it’s not materially worse. easy UI-UX, small trades. a few nickels, then quarters, then 10s of dollars as your portfolio and trading grows. no thanks
Thanks.
Their Pro acct is what I use for margin loan now.
Looking for good margin/stock backed loan rates with a broker that will warn me before selling on a margin call. (though personal limit is 25%, not too worried)

Apologies for the momentary OT excursion folks. If others have suggestions please PM me (as I should have done) rather than reply.

Reactions: Boomer19
The sole trade I have made since end-July was for a non-commingled account - a new client and all was in cash. The first purchases had been TSLA at $599 and $630.
Used up the balance of the cash last Monday: HTZZ @ $26.43.

Six days of trading and it hasn’t yet doubled? Sheesh. I should probably resign, go back to my day job: scrubbing toilets at a remote Alaska lodge.

So much of my wealth is tied up into Tesla. I wish there was something I could do with some of my gains. I’ve always wanted a Ferrari but gas cars are against my religion. Been waiting for my forever delayed Model X Plaid but I doubt I’ll get it within the next 2 years. Same with Roadster. My house is paid off (thanks Spiegel). Thought about rental properties but real estate here in SW Florida pretty much doubled in price since Covid. I don’t like any other stocks. So I sadly sit here, watching my account balance grow 🙁

First world problems :).

Just get the Ferrari. Enjoy life when you can. Why can’t U have both? It’s not like it’ll be your daily driver.

How long before the CEO of another car rental company sees this chart and remembers that they want a new yacht?
Well, looks like it will be Avis.
1635863634106.png

AnthonyJ said:

FWIW, you probably won't put many miles on a car like that so the emissions impact isn't crazy.