Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBS reports Bloomberg "rumor" Apple accelerating an autonomous EV by 2025, believed to be from "reliable sources."

That's why TSLA starting to tank, AAPL shooting up.

Bloomberg reports on the alleged Apple EV from "reliable sources" whenever their puppet-masters want to slow down TSLA stock price. :rolleyes:

Did you mean the people?
Reasons:
  • Beaver Nuggets — These crunchy, sweet puffed corn nuggets are Buc-ee’s most iconic snack. For the unfamiliar, imagine a slightly crunchier puffy Cheeto with a sweet, vaguely caramel tasting flavor.
  • Buc-ee’s Nug-ees — A savory version of Beaver Nuggets, with a powdery cheese-flavored coating.

Today's Version of Guess the Former Tesla Bull:

First to answer correctly gets a 'like' :D

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 2.15.00 PM.png

That is only in relation to the IRS enforcement portion of the bill. Not the bill as a whole. I believe the White House estimate for gross revenue was $400B, and everyone knew the CBO would come in quite a bit lower. The final score isn't out yet - but is supposedly coming soon.

The CBO seems to have estimated that the EV Tax Credit will only cost about 8.1B over 10 years (at least for the new vehicle part).

Last edited:
That is only in relation to the IRS enforcement portion of the bill. Not the bill as a whole. I believe the White House estimate for gross revenue was $400B, and everyone knew the CBO would come in quite a bit lower. The final score isn't out yet - but is supposedly coming soon.

The CBO seems to have estimated that the EV Tax Credit will only cost about 10.5B over 10 years.

Tesla alone will eat the $10.5B in 1.5-2 years time. Is there a cap per OEM in the proposal?

That chart doesn't help your case. Unless you think Tesla is about to go in a major downtrend, Monday was the bottom. A lower "low" than Monday at this point would signal a downtrend. You might see low 1,000's if you're lucky but I seriously doubt sub 1,000 at this point.

TSLA price could still retrace to the recent low more than one time causing "multiple buying opportunities" at that price but I was simply pointing out that it doesn't *always* offer multiple buying opportunities at every major retracement. In fact, it doesn't even do that most of the time. Instead, I was accused of not understanding the word "multiple".

I don't think it will retrace but I would never rule it out. It's definitely not a given that it will.

Reactions: bballshinobi

The CBO seems to have estimated that the EV Tax Credit will only cost about 10.5B over 10 years (at least for the new vehicle part).
That’s quite the lowball estimate considering Biden’s push to have 50% of all cars be EV by 2030. That’s pretty much guaranteed that costs will be much higher.

Salty Seymour reminding everyone again that Tesla is just a car company....

Nothing wrong with being a car company with an operating margin of a tech company. It doesn't matter what kind of company you are, wall street only cares about net income and TAM. Car companies are extremely good at making revenue. Toyota made more revenue than Apple by a pretty good margin in 2019 before the pandemic/supply chain issue. However they, like every other car company, sucks at making a net income unlike Apple

Just unloaded all of my AAPL, cost basis was $28.28. Need an IRA loan for a downpayment to close in 6 months on a house being built (25 foot deep garage for a CT) and was dreading selling TSLA to borrow from the IRA.

I'm so happy, I'm going to go out and get my hair cut.

In 6 months, when I repay the IRA loan, those same funds will fund a lot more TSLA shares.
OT and correction:

My lender lied; There is no bridging loan possibility from an IRA (other types of retirement accounts though are possible.) Sorry for the false info.

Can't believe the panic selling on TSLA today from the Apple rumor. Might have to use the AAPL $$$$ now to buy the next dip on TSLA, or for upcoming IRA RMD's.

Please don't reply here as it's too OT.

Tesla Economist on Q4 P/D and earnings

I watched that earlier but his bitcoin adjustment under OPEX is incorrect, right? The increase in Bitcoin's value only gets realized if they sell as far as I know. The 51 million impairment from last quarter though gets reversed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: