Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That... is a lot bigger than a Wa-Wa.
Kinda looks like EddieWorld, which seems to be a one off between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, in Yermo, CA. One of the fairly early locations for Superchargers. I stopped there once to see what the fuss was about, but didn't see anything I wanted. But they do have and advertise the "cleanest restrooms". Lots of pix at the link.

Reactions: UCF3
... i had a meeting with my bank this morning who suggested i entrust my retirement acct (full of TSLA) over to them so that they can diversify it (aka sell all) into cash/bonds/GIC/ETF/funds/etc.

The movement someone at the local branch, while helping me with locked out ATM card, suggested to me "Ohh I see you have lots of investments would you like investment advisor's help with that?" red flags went off for me. I moved most of my investments into multiple online brokers for better privacy - I do not want random people who may live 10mins from me to know my balances.

That completely ruined the concept of "my bank" for me and turned it into "me and financial institutions".

Funny it was not even much, and mostly index funds. I am really happy it was before 2019.

It's hard to ignore this theory. However, it might not be a split after all.

Recall Elon has to sell 11 tranches of 934,091 shares. He did not sell yesterday. If he doesn't sell today either, then the pattern becomes Monday and Tuesday every week. He will not be done by 12/9 following this schedule. I would not bet on a split before he's done. Could be some other catalyst.

Agree, think something else, not traditional/dividend split.

Reactions: dl003
Agree, think something else, not traditional/dividend split.
Also, his behavior could be classified as playful this time. A stock split is a material event and so I have a hard time seeing Elon trying to push it as hard as he is. This is in stark contrast with the last split. Could be some sort of event / product reveal.

Also, his behavior could be classified as playful this time. A stock split is a material event and so I have a hard time seeing Elon trying to push it as hard as he is. This is in stark contrast with the last split. Could be some sort of event / product reveal.
There have been a lot of rocket/ launch references mixed in so perhaps. Might have a Texas launch party and announce the $25k Tesla?

I'm with you. I'll refrain from speculating further, as the speculation-train easily becomes a runaway. ;)

I doubt he's telegraphing a split as well.

Though I will say....if Elon wanted to make a point to everyone that he's not in it for money......publicly selling 10% of your equity BEFORE a stock split sure would make that point (and hand a brutal beat down to anyone shorting and playing TSLA short term to the downside)

Ok, another point. I put in a sell order for all my shares at $10,000 for the day. It showed pending review, now it shows cancelled. WTF? Who would give a shoot if that sell order was sitting out there.

It maybe the transaction amount, not just limit price, that triggers the review. I encountered similar problem a while ago .. previous run up.

Splitting orders into multiple smaller ones allowed me to enter them with unlikely high limit prices.

Last edited:
Buc ees is a big deal here in Texas, and when travelling long distances, is a great place. SCs fit really well as charging for one hour allows a road tripper to pit stop, eat and decompress. I wonder if the SCs at Buc ees as Semi ready or Tesla Semi capable?
But who spends an hour charging? It's pretty rare. Even on the long charge due to the next SC being far away, it's not an hour.

Do we have a well-sourced timetable for the "question/comments period" and so forth that has continued to stymie the operation at Grünheide?

Shout-out to @avoigt and others on the ground there.

Google translate of State of Brandenburg web site:
During the repetition of the online consultation from November 2nd to 22nd, all those who have raised objections will have the opportunity to explain their objections.

As this (unlike the first iteration) is done online and especially only a repetition (likely less new stuff) due to formalities of the previous online consultation, I have the hope that the process of writing up and evalutating all items should be much faster (likely in parallel to the ongoing consultation) than at the first (live) consultation, which lasted for days and took more than a month IIRC to finish being documented. So I personally expect the final permit in the first week of December but this is just and educated guess (paging @avoigt for his opinion).

But who spends an hour charging? It's pretty rare. Even on the long charge due to the next SC being far away, it's not an hour.

I spend 45-55 minutes at the supercharger every 4-5 days (don't have a wall charger yet). During that time, its usually:

- Find a supercharger close by to an errand or lunch/dinner spot I want to go to
- Supercharge and spend 30-40 minutes at said place or places...or even a walk for that long
- Get back to the supercharger and done for 4-5 days

Never have had an issue and it's actually been a nice mid-day activity that's well-timed out, tbh.

Actually, driving alone short stop, but usually road tripping with family, stops are about an hour with food and rest stops for the whole family. So whether its SC or regular stop most road trip stops are up to an hour.

Actually, driving alone short stop, but usually road tripping with family, stops are about an hour with food and rest stops for the whole family. So whether its SC or regular stop most road trip stops are up to an hour.
Yes, the stop is longer with family, but the charging is not (so you have to move the car to avoid idle fees).

You can thank me when Elon makes an account

He may get banned though, guys. Even I’m tempted to get political on here. 😅

I would bet all my shares, double or nothing that Elon would get banned posting here.

He'd come out hard trashing Biden and Bernie. He would then follow up with a bunch of numerology nonsense.

Be wary of IP addresses assigned from orbit or a city called Starbase, Texas. ;)