Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would bet all my shares, double or nothing that Elon would get banned posting here.

He'd come out hard trashing Biden and Bernie. He would then follow up with a bunch of numerology nonsense.

Be wary of IP addresses assigned from orbit or a city called Starbase, Texas. ;)
He'll be one of those "my cost basis is $2" guys who get banned for going OT one too many times.

5uoyp9.jpg

That chart doesn't help your case. Unless you think Tesla is about to go in a major downtrend, Monday was the bottom. A lower "low" than Monday at this point would signal a downtrend. You might see low 1,000's if you're lucky but I seriously doubt sub 1,000 at this point.

Quite correct. I noticed that after posting, so low 1000s may be the way to go.

In the scheme of things, 5-10% does not make much difference when the goal is 100% to 1000+% ROI. Even $1100 would be fine.

Nabbing it at a target price is good entertainment though.

Seriously? Apple? Again??
Best of both worlds for me, AAPL up, TSLA up.

I suspect the little downturn earlier today was due to something other than the Apple news.

Even if you assume Apple’s car effort turns out to be fantastic, it is still not going to impact Tesla significantly in the short or even long term. Far more likely it will just accelerate the rest of the industries meeting with oblivion. Apple doesn’t have the (auto/ battery) manufacturing in place to put a dent in Tesla’s volume.

Reactions: MD70
Fair to say that diversification is about preserving wealth but even that is a bit of a trap. It is a recognition that the future is uncertain and in our current point in time there is nothing more disruptive than TSLA.

Alternatively-Warren Buffet famously failed to invest in anything silicon valley or technology related at all. His firm would be worth 10x more than it is if he had only bought into the handful of strong emerging stocks such as Cisco or Intel or Qualcomm when he had the chance. His lack of diversification actually hurt his performance (which is pretty humorous). Now TSLA comes along and will likely disrupt many of his core businesses (rail and utilities). Remember that he and Munger saw electric cars coming and decided that they would not miss the boat this time. They studied and studied...and bought BYD. So kudus to Buffet for recognizing change and at 80+ and Munger was 90 then, making groundbreaking bets. BYD wasn't a bad bet either- I imagine that they'll do just fine. His big mistake was to only invest in the 1 company and not 2. In the past he'd often invest in 2-3 so he could really dig into operations. I'd be curious to know how/why Munger ruled out TSLA to focus on BYD. I'm still impressed that at 90 they said that's the future and made bets.
" Remember that he and Munger saw electric cars coming and decided that they would not miss the boat this time. They studied and studied...and bought BYD. So kudus to Buffet for recognizing change and at 80+ and Munger was 90 then, making groundbreaking bets."

Buffett had nothing to do with this. Munger liked BYD because Li Lu recommended it and he seemed to like the CEO.

" Remember that he and Munger saw electric cars coming and decided that they would not miss the boat this time. They studied and studied...and bought BYD. So kudus to Buffet for recognizing change and at 80+ and Munger was 90 then, making groundbreaking bets."

Buffett had nothing to do with this. Munger liked BYD because Li Lu recommended it and he seemed to like the CEO.
Don't know why but Buffet & Munger make me feel kind of peckish, like?
Might be the late hour here. Need a snack.

• Funny
Reactions: Skryll
So the horror of the impending Apple Car seems to have abated enough for us to go green.
IMO there would be huge brand risk to Apple going head to head with Tesla. Unless their car blows away Tesla (which doesn't seem likely) then the risk is that the Apple cars will be seen as inferior and that could cast some shade on the rest of their products.

Best of both worlds for me, AAPL up, TSLA up.

I suspect the little downturn earlier today was due to something other than the Apple news.

Even if you assume Apple’s car effort turns out to be fantastic, it is still not going to impact Tesla significantly in the short or even long term. Far more likely it will just accelerate the rest of the industries meeting with oblivion. Apple doesn’t have the (auto/ battery) manufacturing in place to put a dent in Tesla’s volume.
IMO there would be huge brand risk to Apple going head to head with Tesla. Unless their car blows away Tesla (which doesn't seem likely) then the risk is that the Apple cars will be seen as inferior and that could cast some shade on the rest of their products.

I’ll believe the Apple car when I see it. The apple car has been two years away for the last 7 years.

I’ll believe the Apple car when I see it. The apple car has been two years away for the last 7 years.

There was a period of time when they could have basically rolled out a futuristic-looking VW bug and slapped their OS in it and people would have lapped it up. That was about a decade ago. They're super lost strategically with respect to transport.