Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been chatting with a friend of mine about Tesla, and he's started buying the stock, becoming more and more bullish

He also happens to have not the best vision; so he very much is looking forward to FSD.

I told him about TMC; and because of his vision it is tough for him to read.

I'm wondering if there is an App that will dictate posts ?, so that he could "listen" / audiobook the thread ?

Thanks in advance!

I use VoicdOver functionality in my iPhone. It works really well. I think Android has the same feature too.

Beta tester/owner of car used by CNN speaks out with his own video/Elon responds (however briefly):

This reminds me 1 week ago I was going to the store to pick up something at UPs. It was a 6:55 PM at the end of the local news on the National Radio chain station Radio Canada. The reporter starts talking about technology, electric cars and does a general introduction and after 30 seconds they start talking about autonomous cars. I’m telling myself, oh interesting, a national radio station talking about the technology, I’m eager to hear what they have to say.

Then for 4 minutes I hear the reporter starting to talk about Tesla which have an autonomous feature that only holds the lane and does lane change but it doesn’t stop at lights and d9 stops but in a distant future it might but it is far from being ready and that autonomous cars are fa from happening as per the limitation of Tesla autopilot.

I was getting so frustrated listening to what she was saying. She obviously never got into a Tesla with FSD. She was confounding Autopilot with FSD. Had clearly never seen a video of the 2 software technologies and she was throwing all misinformed crap that she was reading in a 5 minutes spot after the evening news. The RadioCanada is a channel running financed with our taxes and I could not stand my taxes were used to pay someone spreading uninformed lies out loud.

Mainstream media loss all my interest and now I connect my phone as soon as I enter my car and listen to Dave Lee podcasts, Tesla Daily, Tom Nash or any video on investing or options.

People watching TV and listening to radio are constantly exposed to paid plies and have forced into their brains daily till they become clueless.

He wouldn’t come, even if invited.
1) A trip to Texas has no political gain
2) It would upset the UAW
3) It would upset Michigan political allies

But there won’t be an invite. Tesla has been snubbed and dissed. Musk has let his feelings be known on Twitter.
Tesla should invite whoever does the best Biden impersonation from the SNL cast. Have him repeat everything, down to the forehead scratch, except replacing "Mary" with "Elon", UAW with Tesla workers, etc.

I have been chatting with a friend of mine about Tesla, and he's started buying the stock, becoming more and more bullish

He also happens to have not the best vision; so he very much is looking forward to FSD.

I told him about TMC; and because of his vision it is tough for him to read.

I'm wondering if there is an App that will dictate posts ?, so that he could "listen" / audiobook the thread ?

Thanks in advance!
On an iPhone it can speak any selection. Turn the text blue and look for the word “speak” in the context sensitive menu.

Windows 10 has had text to speech (narrator) for a long time

I suspect the long term ideal is for cars to drive themselves to their customers straight from the factory though.
I am truly waiting on Elon to give us an update on whatever happened to the Snake, the self-plugging Tesla charger prototype. That thing is crucial for robotaxi and in the case you mentioned, self-delivery that's beyond the range of a single charge.
The motor is why performance ICE is doomed.

A 670 hp engine + transmission weighs several times that. ICE enthusiasts are focused on the battery weights yet ignore the huge power/weight advantage electrics have. The Bugatti Chiron’s engine weighs 1,080 lbs (that probably doesn’t include any fluids or the exhaust either), the transmission weighs several hundred more. Two of those motors weigh ~330 lbs and will deliver roughly the same power to the wheels.

I’m not joking when I say performance EVs are going to have several thousand horsepower next decade. They will literally be traction limited out to ~200 mph. The 2030 Model S plaid will probably have 2000hp and 600 miles of range. The roadster, 3000+. ICE will seem like driving an old Stanley steamer in comparison.
I think ICE cars, at least for the vast many Teslanaires here is going to be a nostalgia item. One of the items on my "When TSLA hit xxxx" to-buy list is actually a V12 Ferrari of some kind... it's gotta be naturally aspirated with no turbo or anything whatsoever... and yes.. a V12.

But of course, there's another car before that... the Tesla Roadster, which was the item for when TSLA hits $2500.

I am truly waiting on Elon to give us an update on whatever happened to the Snake, the self-plugging Tesla charger prototype. That thing is crucial for robotaxi and in the case you mentioned, self-delivery that's beyond the range of a single charge.

Naah, Teslabot will do it instead, plus unlike the snake it can clean the car out from passengers leaving crap in it, hose out the puke from drunk riders, etc...

If you haven't watched Rob chatting with Alex potter(im mid way right now), it is fantastic
I concur - really good show.

1637538146471.jpeg

Tesla should invite whoever does the best Biden impersonation from the SNL cast. Have him repeat everything, down to the forehead scratch, except replacing "Mary" with "Elon", UAW with Tesla workers, etc.
The one positive about Tesla being ignored is that it will look a lot better when they take literally almost all of the EV credits. “What you mean that EV credit that was a handout for the leader in EVs GM? The President and Democrats did not even mention Tesla, how is that a houndout and favortism to Tesla.” I’m actually good with it now.

Actually, the Lucid salesman didn't have a good opinion on selling 1,100 HP to just anyone. The laws don't seem to be changing as fast as the technology (no surprise). There probably should be a certification process in there somewhere - if anything, just to prevent them from being used as weapons.

Really? Because it's so difficult to use a 300 HP SUV as a deadly weapon? And because requiring training and a concealed carry permit prevents firearms from being used as weapons? Should we require certification to carry a pocket knife too?

On the horsepower certification, where would you draw the line? Would it only be for fast EV's or would an ICE Corvette qualify? How about a RWD Model 3? Or a Cadillac Escalade with 420 HP and carrying four tons that's slower than a RWD Model 3? How about a flexy-framed 15 year old Subaru with 105 hp and worn out shocks and tires nearing the wear limit?

I don't understand this kind of thinking.