Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol I wasn't sure if it would break to the upside, but the attempts to hold it blow certain levels were very obvious. What I meant by "easy" is knowing what is being attempted. Doesn't mean they can actually hold it down there if there's enough buying volume.

And just clock work, back below the 50 day. Gonna be a battle all morning around this price until it's clear one side wins out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Hard to watch these price drops knowing I bought all the grandkids chairs last week. Is 950 the bottom?
Perfect opportunity to teach them about market TSLA volatility and how it should be ignored, etc…. Or, and this would be my preferred approach, lie and tell them you bought the shares earlier this year in the 600s. You’ll be their hero.

Perfect opportunity to teach them about market TSLA volatility and how it should be ignored, etc…. Or, and this would be my preferred approach, lie and tell them you bought the shares earlier this year in the 600s. You’ll be their hero.
Kids years later when they understand stock terminology - "Wait a minute.......you said my cost basis was $600!!!"

I've been out out of pocket dealing with various life things and trimming from TSLA the past month or so and diversifying minorly. Through that process, a lot has been said about the dramatic drive up in the stock price since 2020. A lot of us who have been on this forum for years have benefited a lot and are living incredible lives. There's, also, scenarios in the pandemic where people are losing businesses and their VISA's or moving entire families to other far away locations, only due to conflicts of opinion in their local government's COVID response, in order to survive based on their values and other life factors.

It can't be overstated just how much the COVID pandemic, which I think is lumped in as a part of climate change, has dramatically changed the world and further made life unequal in the aggregate. Inequality leads to extremes, if not properly managed. Seeing this, while dealing with scale as best as possible, I dumped the following contributions to my DAF fund since 2020.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 7.55.24 AM.png

Predictions are irrelevant in this market but any thoughts on when we may see our high of 1240$ again?
Really dont expect until after 1st of the year. With Elon still selling and analysts/advisors remarkable ability to get surprised by information we see day after day, week after week I dont expect anything until official news comes out from Tesla.

Predictions are irrelevant in this market but any thoughts on when we may see our high of 1240$ again?
My "thought" is it will depend on how Q4 numbers stack up against the Inflation scare and Elon Selling. Elon selling is obviously the smaller, and easier to quantify factor. Being right about how the inflation question mark will affect the markets is the key thing to wrap our minds around.

• Informative
Reactions: Sofie
Wow, I just looked and see we dropped to 950 earlier. Personally, I don't think we'll drop below 900 unless there's a major macro event.
*looks around and notices ** macro events going on right this very second*

Perhaps you mean an end-of-the-world macro event; like Elon’s alien archenemies discovering Earth’s location.

Tesla could come to the rescue and open a GF in Japan for mainly local consumption

Battery source already there (Panasonic) … over time with US battery ramp, it can source local GF
Diversification out of China (Didi delisting, BABA etc all under pressure…)
The 25K or future smaller models would do well
+ seems Japan in top 3 in car market behind China and US per google)

Cheers!!
Exactly my point.