Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the stock actually recovers to above it's 50-day(I think it's 989 today) then that first 15 mins of trading was criminal. You couldn't even get in your trade in time in between the sell off to 7% to now back above 985. Two separate hit pieces with a huge bear raid/short attack at open........and the SEC won't do anything because they're compliant in it. Anyone can make a whistleblower complaint an they're all too eager to listen to anything Tesla related.
I'm just waiting for Tesla's lawyer (former SEC staff) to conjure up a scheme that is unusual as a way to force the hand of the SEC - out in public. I'm only hoping at this point, but a bear trap keeps coming to mind.

From my Schwab account:

Tesla Receives Price Target Boost to $950 From $800 From RBC as Firm Raises Delivery Forecast for 2023-2025; Sector Perform Kept​

8:42 AM ET, 12/06/2021 - MT Newswires
08:42 AM EST, 12/06/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla (TSLA) received a higher price target Monday from RBC Capital Markets as the firm boosted its forecast for the electric vehicle maker's total deliveries for 2023 through 2025, citing increased expectations for production capacity and demand.
RBC's new price target on Tesla's stock is $950 per share, up from $800. However, the boosted target is still below the stock's Friday closing price of $1,014.97. RBC kept its investment rating on the shares at sector perform.

If I was a short seller, I would totally tried to get rid of intelligent posters like @jbcarioca @KarenRei @FactChecking, and promote useless jokesters like the rest of you on here.
Wow, some of us might take that personally. Some might have families that disapprove of their dad jokes, so this is our only outlet for useless jokes. Just saying, I know people like that.

Last edited:
This morning I woke up to a full inbox. I therefore give up! I'm trying to reply individually to emails and PM's plus a few telephone calls. Probably I should have assumed that I'm not yet suffering from senility.🧔 Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement.
I'm having my new charger installed now and expanded solar panels etc so there is less time today exacerbated by Monday morning markets and other issues.

Over the last three days I have heard of several bits of 'rumors' all of which have already had coverage here and elsewhere:

-significant casting news;
- stainless steel forming developments;
-4680 progress;
-production/shipping/sales developments.

All four seem to be somewhat related. All of them seem unexpectedly positive. None are exactly proven yet, so they all remain speculative. Despite that this time I personally believe them and have acted on the expectations.

In casting there seems to have been much broader applications of smaller castings that share some of the metallurgy and other cost benefits as the GigaPress ones, specifically less processing, better ductility and greater corrosion resistance. Net that seems to indicate that smaller, less notable pieces are also becoming cheaper and better. My source claims no direct knowledge but he has been employed in the automotive casting industry for a long time.

The SS forming issues are ones that have been reported but not actually seen. This one seems to have been almost completely related to the SpaceX Starship developments. My source for this one is a former client who is in the steel manufacturing business who describe his firm as 'screwed'. He's always been optimistic in the decades I. have known him.

The 4680 stories are from TMC and others known to delve into these issues. I have no better sources.

Production/Shipping/Sales have multiple conflicting points.
-Current shipping rates and availability from Shanghai seem very tight. TMS sources don't see that as improving soon.
- Tesla has been using new EU ports within the last few months including Koper and several less traditional ones further North.
- Major improvements in supplier quality and ability have been evident in both Shanghai and Fremont, plus the Brandenburg/Austin developments by suppliers seem to be moving quickly, perhaps not quite at 'Tesla speed'
- each new datum on actual sales and deliveries seems to be unusually positive for this time of year, especially.
- 4680's are at production ready status now, but volumes will have too slow a ramp to solve supply weakness in 2022. Related, CATL, Panasonic, LG and others are ramping as quickly as they can and Tesla is getting preference. Why so certain? Because Tesla is using it's liquidity to help them ramp. There is good corroboration on that but everyone involved is anxious to avoid being too specific.

Those of us who have access to MarkLines etc are convinced that Elon's recent 'reduce the quarter end rush' missive is an expression of very high confidence.
Later this week we will have more November reports and more status updates.

Energy products will not get help until 2023 except for a few high priority situations. Expect several chemistry changes to help accelerate the storage side.
I have asked everyone I know what is happening with chip fabs and when ti will improve. I have only a single contact in that industry who assures me Tesla is far better off then are most solar panel makers and automakers but she still expects at least another year of problems. Tesla arguably will be a huge beneficiary from Samsung's new fab investments coming on line. The solar panel issues include several other supply chain problems, and some near-single source raw materials.

This is entirely qualitative statements because I don't want to impede sensitive sources, and because most of this is not yet proven anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, some of us might take that personally. Some might families that disapprove of our dad joke, so this is our only outlet for useless jokes. Just saying, I know people like that.

I even know dads who’ve been told to take their dad hats elsewhere, but I’ve not found a way to foist those upon the forum.

By the way, the bear attack, though mildly successful, smells of desperation. Wonder if they bought into the numerology stuff and are trying to prevent a split?