Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to see Time called out the GM statements directly in the article.
When I read it:

%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0.gif

Reactions: UCF3
Get your belts ready!

I think you'll need a cowboy hat to carry off that belt buckle. Decisions, decisions.

I love that Isaacson pointedly called out both GM and Mary Barra with his quote, “Tesla, (no, Mr. President, not General Motors) is the primary driving force transporting the world into the age of electric cars. And self-driving ones.” That has got to sting both of them. And it will be a deservedly life-long sting. Yes OT a bit, but I have to let off a little steam as I wait for either Q4 earnings/YE or even lower stock price where I’ve decided to buy more, by cannibalizing other investments. I will be buying more - timing just depends on funding sources. I think I’m going to print and frame that quote and put it next to a picture of a suitable Tesla image.

Looking into my foggy ball, I think we'll get a mini rally tomorrow with a minor sell-off into the close on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, and what happens next depends on Fed press comments. If Powell does any sort of walkback on the hawkish comments he made before Congress, we'll rally hard. If his hawkish comments are reiterated, however, we're in for some more near-term pain and will at least fill the gap at ~$910, if not go sub-$900, until Elon stops selling or FOMO over Q4 P&D kicks in.

I do think if we crack $950 then $910 will come super fast.

In reality, I have no clue what's going to happen, but it's fun to try and guess.

On Monday last week the TSLA low was $950.50. Today it was $951.42. These are both near a fairly horizontal line of bottoms after the fall from the Hertz related runup. The line of tops from that high is slanted downward forming a pennant pattern, which normally concludes with a return to the uptrend. Those tops may be caps by market makers and hedge funds as Elon continues divesting shares. The bottoms may be due to those same entities realizing that once Elon finishes selling, the shares could zoom upward.
Double bottoms are certainly good, sometimes, if not even often.

i started my journey not looking for TSLA , it found me , my concern was around climate change and i spent 3 years starting in 2014 reading about climate change and the crimes by big auto and big oil perpetrated on our environment...

this lead me to purchasing my Model S in 2017 as i concluded that i must be a leader if i want others to change behavior ... i would never have purchased a $75000 car in the past ... i run my vehicles into the ground , I am not a car person ... I am a technology person .. but Tesla had the only compelling electric vehicle in 2016 when i started my search...

once i had the Model S i knew it was time to invest in the the company stock TSLA ... i am now in a financial position I could have only dreamed of .. and is was not due to greed ...it was based on doing the right thing for my children and the planet at large ...you can do the right thing and profit from it ....

all my future investments will start this way ... research a global problem , understand it deeply, find a company solving the problem , then invest
Much the same here. I've been doing research for the US government on the ecological effects of climate change since 2006, had come to the conclusion several years ago that no government policies were going to move the needle on solving the existential crisis we face but that the global socioeconomic environment was primed for the right sort of capitalist genius to emerge. Encountered & experienced Ashley Vance's excellent Musk biography in December of 2017 as a lifechanging epiphany when I realized he's "the one" and by the end of the following year had invested all my discretionary savings in TSLA. Shortly thereafter found the brilliant hive mind that is this TMC investor's forum and have held long and strong enjoying all the free entertainment we get along the ride to fixing the world's biggest problem.

Had never sat in a Tesla until last year but you guys convinced me they made pretty good cars so I surprised the wife with one for her birthday and she was dumbfounded, loves it, best thing ever & thus I even get credit for being a better husband than I was before TSLA. Win, wins in so many dimensions. Love you guys and gals...

Policies for rebalancing vary according to each fund's bylaws. Most funds allow managers to buy or sell in a 5-day window before or after the rebalance date.

Obviously, we're already in that window starting today, and it will extend until Thu, Dec 23.
Well, most of them effectively buy it on Friday as it gives them the least basis risk. At least that's what happened when S&P addition happened last year. They all wanted to add at the Friday closing price regardless of the fact that the closing cross would be, and was, at a higher price than at any point in the day.

In the topsy-turvy world of finance, an S&P tracking manager could get a point docked due to outperforming the index, because all variation is bad. So who knows.

Much the same here. I've been doing research for the US government on the ecological effects of climate change since 2006, had come to the conclusion several years ago that no government policies were going to move the needle on solving the existential crisis we face but that the global socioeconomic environment was primed for the right sort of capitalist genius to emerge. Encountered & experienced Ashley Vance's excellent Musk biography in December of 2017 as a lifechanging epiphany when I realized he's "the one" and by the end of the following year had invested all my discretionary savings in TSLA. Shortly thereafter found the brilliant hive mind that is this TMC investor's forum and have held long and strong enjoying all the free entertainment we get along the ride to fixing the world's biggest problem.

Had never sat in a Tesla until last year but you guys convinced me they made pretty good cars so I surprised the wife with one for her birthday and she was dumbfounded, loves it, best thing ever & thus I even get credit for being a better husband than I was before TSLA. Win, wins in so many dimensions. Love you guys and gals...
& I would just add too as someone with a perspective on the magnitude of the problem & opportunities climate change presents, don't sweat the details and worry much about short or even medium term variability in the stock price unless something changes about the fundamentals of the company. They're a sector leader and will remain so in markets that are vaster than anything that's come before. think back to the 80s & 90s at the beginnings of the digital revolution when the microsofts, apples, and googles were being spun up, and here we are ~30 years later and they're still expanding rapidly and returning value to their stockholders. Tesla has a high probability of doing the same for many decades (most of the rest of our lives?) into the future given the magnitude of their addressable markets.