Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure there was. Elon tweeted this on Fri, Dec 10:

So if 10.7 ships any time this weekend, its right to time. But honestly, the 'next beta' doesn't mean much.

The REAL question folks should be asking is "When does DOJO come online?" It's been about a year, could be anytime now. THEN, we'll see an order of magnitude increase in NN training productivity, and a consequent increase in the number of problems the FSD team can solve per week/iteration.

The lack of DOJO is the single most critical barrier stopping the merger into the 'single-stack' for Nav-on-Autopilot (Highway FSD) and FSD Beta: Tesla simply does not have the compute necessary to add in all the baggage of the N.O.AP data set into the already bulky beta data.

When Tesla launchs DOJO, that will change quickly.

Cheers!
It should also mean quicker update releases.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Today I got off my patookie and did some more volunteer MTB trail building. Maybe I was the catalyst for the SP cuz when I'm glued to the ticker lately it has been red, a lot.

One other good sign today is how, of the three volunteers who showed up to help, one was in a black Model Y. They fell in line on the jeep roads to get to where we were working, and naturally, the Tesla owner was a tremendous asset for the work at hand. Well, everyone was.

On my way out the land owner gifted me a bottle of Glenlivet Founder's Reserve for my help. So, this is what retirement is like?

Came home and saw TSLA was Green. Then, muddled through all the drama and speculation here to get caught up. One of my favorite pastimes.

It was a good day!

10.6 and 10.6.1 never fully rolled out. Seems more than half of people are still on 10.5. Speculation is that they halted the rollout since no further testing needed before 10.7
I assumed they completed it last weekend since I got it that Saturday and I seem to get mine late in the rollout. On my limited trials I didn't notice much difference from 10.5 other than reduced phantom braking.

Maybe the rate of innovation is increasing 😉

I hope everyone has a great weekend. 2022 is looking to be an explosive year in growth from The standpoint of vehicle output. Extremely interested in Elons product roadmap on the upcoming earnings call and a Tesla-Bot demo sometime next year. This will surely be a tech demo for the history books.

Last edited:
I'm excited for 10.8, but I've been driving every release since 10.3 and it has only marginal improvements.

At the highest level it totally works at 4 way stops, right turns and stop lights.

It is really iffy on turns/intersections with features like unprotected lefts with perpendicular traffic, obtuse or acute angles, incline/decline.

The erratic steering wheel movements and ghost slowdowns are hard on the nerves as well.

Incompetence is not conspiracy.
Years ago I did environmental enforcement and I got favorable treatment from various media but when the articles came out they were full of major errors. The same thing happened when I did health care litigation. They couldn't understand that medicaid is different from medicare. There was only one reporter who spent months on a story that got things right even if they weren't favorable to me. This is not possible today. There is no time to understand the facts of a story .

Tesla Insurance now available in Illinois. Just switched.

So about $200 cheaper then progressive for a 2015 Model S and a 2018 Model 3. Starts with safety score of 90. Dont know if 2015 Model S supports updating of safety score. We will see. That $200 is based on paying premiums in full every 6 months with progressive and Tesla Insurance monthly. No option other than monthly. Dont see insurance cards in the app. Will Tesla send them in the mail?

Oh also since we use an M1 Visa to pay the insurance we get a 10% reward from M1 since we hold Tesla stock.
No, no, no. Please don't switch to Tesla Insurance!

If you don't stay with Progressive, who will be paying for the 69,420 Progressive commercials I'll watch in 2022?!?