Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Elon should very publicly invite the new German president to the Giga Austin opening.

The same PR victory will be realized if he comes or does not come: it will be a big embarrassment for Germany, as it will showcase to the entire world, and business communities everywhere, German endemic corruption and bureaucratic incompetence - this will speed up the process of opening up Giga Berlin.
Maybe you mean the new Chancellor, after Ms Dr Merkel ?

Reactions: navguy12 and Skryll
What was the original planned opening date for Berlin?.....and Texas?

I think Berlin was planned to open about 6 months ago. Remember the save-the-bats, save-the-fireants, save-the forests, don-t wake up the lizards delays at the start? It only got worse after that....

By the way, I honestly, and seriously, think that it would be a great idea to invite the new German chancellor, and the Brandenburg and Berlin majors, to the Giga Austin opening. It would be a win-win PR masterstroke. If someone in the forum has access to Elon, and agrees it is a good idea, please tell him so.

Last edited:
_no_ SEC form 4’s for Friday as of yet, but Monday is less than 3 days away.
The Starlink launch out of Vandenberg was impressive this am of 52 satellites, i think V1.5 that i think do laser sat to sat relays , this looked like kinda polar orbit,
to rewatch you can fast forward throu the video

there will be a launch out of Cape Canaveral/Kennedy tonight around 7:30 EST (?0:30GMT?)
Next Spaceflight for exact times,
Another launch tuesday to resupply ISS and live feed of docking at ISS next day.
becoming “boringly routine” what is stunningly amazing, we are immersed in technological singularities that are becoming routine.
(engage, warp 233,500)

Last edited:
So logically thinking....one should look at the track record of any company and see what they did.
Then look at the proposal of what they want to do next.

In Tesla's case for building new factory's....what have they done, and what do they plan on doing?
Weigh that against not doing anything.

Easy-peasy decision, it seems to me.

But I am just a random smart dog pecking away on a computer somewhere.

Good story. I parked at the Hamburg PA supercharger yesterday which isn't even operational yet, I was just there to get some lunch at the Wawa, when a guy in a blue M3 pulled up a minute later and parked there too. We both got to talking about our cars for like 20 minutes right there by the inoperative Tesla supercharger.

It's a Tesla thing, if you don't own one you wouldn't understand. :cool:
Similar to Apple it seems, and Germany stuck on Android so to speak.

I switched from Android to iPhone this month to get all the Tesla features and considered that's why I wasn't getting FSD Beta or other features like the remove camera viewing in the App. (I missed this whole Apple movement as Intel wouldn't allow... being like the German Auto industry today.)

Apple has a similar cult-like crowd, doubt folks switch back there as well. Now I'll need a MAC to copy photo's off the phone. This parallels Vehicles + Powerwalls + Insurance - ya gotta get the total package to see all the benefits. No turning back. If they made an affordable iPhone, everyone would be onboard I think (another parallel for adoption of BEV vs ICE).

Meanwhile, seems Giga Germany is also having a migration issue. It's understandable, but they seriously need to wake up and smell the Costa Rican coffee if they want jobs. In their minds, there must be some hope for BMW and VW for them to hang on so long, as if delaying the opening will save them and allow some catchup. False hope IMO.

Reactions: FireMedic
_no_ SEC form 4’s for Friday as of yet, but Monday is less than 3 days away.
The Starlink launch out of Vandenberg was impressive this am of 52 satellites, i think V1.5 that i think do laser sat to sat relays , this looked like kinda polar orbit,
to rewatch you can fast forward throu the video

there will be a launch out of Cape Canaveral/Kennedy tonight around 7:30 EST (?0:30GMT?)
Next Spaceflight for exact times,
Another launch tuesday to resupply ISS and live feed of docking at ISS next day.
becoming “boringly routine” what is stunningly amazing, we are immersed in technological singularities that are becoming routine.
(engage, warp 233,500)
Yeah, I feel like we are getting close to the test of the "great filter"

Look at this tech demo for Unreal Engine 5. If you're bored, just skip ahead to the 7-minute mark.

Deep fake's will soon be undetectable to most people.

We need Elon's Neuralink or at least friendly AI to make it through

Honestly, I think Tesla hasn't even put AI to the task of insurance rates yet, at least not sophisticated AI. They just created a simplistic framework based on very basic data.
That's the crazy thing that 99.99% of people don't know is that Tesla has ALL the data, everything that car does they know about. Everything, every second, all the time. Incredibly powerful analytics that could be used for anything (including Insurance) and I don't see any other company having this type of data built into a vehicle.

Look at the screenshots of this free app. Santa Claus doesn't even have this much data on whether you've been naughty or nice: Open Source Teslalogger on Raspberry / Docker with ScanMyTesla integration

Looking at the ticker from the end of today, a few transactions stand out (Timestamps in GMT):

TSLA: 932.57 count: 5110586 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:00:01.733

This is the closing cross, which was large.
Then later, a bit spread out but quite close together:
TSLA: 932.61 count: 916400 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:17:11.695
TSLA: 932.61 count: 972000 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:36.158
TSLA: 932.61 count: 888645 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:56.516

Could this be him selling three of the tranches? Math doesn't add up to 934091, but it is close. (Off by 25k in total)
where is the "Pray" emoticon?

At the rate they are going, Austin will be ramping the Cybertruck before Berlin gets all their paperwork in order and deals with the 700th "environmental" lawsuit. I'll be pleasantly surprised if a single car is delivered out of Berlin in the 1st half of 2022
Do they actually have to deliver a car? Can't they just make pieces and assemble in Tilberg? And what defines a car? Maybe a thing without wheels is not a car, just saying...

I’ll just offer a quick comment that Teslas interest in insurance is primarily related to removing it as an obstacle IMO. It might be an obstacle for autonomous driving if insurance is a unavailable.

Obstacle removed now move on. I would be very surprised if there is an “Insurance Day” for investors.
My logical Ant mind can see no other way than this.
When FSD is level 5 No one with it will have car insurance. All the liability transfers to tesla. The Human Driver will only "need" insurance if FSD fails. What? So? Drivers/owners will get a quote based on how much they have to or decide to not use or must use the "manual mode."

So car insurance becomes a negligible cost. And this makes FSD so damn valuable. And Tesla will NOT sell a version of it. They will bake insuring their liability into the subscription. And thus the subscription should more logically be done on mileage and not time.

It will be cheaper to use fsd than to manually drive when insurance becomes baked in to the subscription. You might pay XX cents a mile for insurance, or use FSD for a fraction of that. Either way you will be paying Tesla. Cha CHING

I wonder if Tesla has thought about selling safety score data to other insurance companies.
I think there would have to be some really significant disclosures for this, both pre purchase and PRIOR to doing anything to a third party. But, I think Tesla is more interested in yes, getting into this business and owning it at least for themselves, for their customers vehicles. that is probably a nice little revenue stream.

Not really sure how much additional TAM and profitability they gained by introducing Tesla insurance, but offering it is further demonstrated that Tesla is playing Chess. Knowing FSD was coming, the need for coverage AND reduced rates that correlated to the statistically reduced injury rates was a critical aspect that Tesla couldn't gamble with someone else doing properly if at all. They needed their FSD destiny in their own hands. Now it is no longer an obstacle and I'm interested in the potential $ to be had with their data and AI prowess...Amazing how often Tesla goes vertical for the win!