Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His critics have less and less ammo while his fans are getting more to defend him. People call him a tsla stock pumper so he intentional tank stock price by calling it too high. They say he is too wastful as a human being and he sold all his houses and now lives in shack.

So if his selling of his stock didn't tank the share price, critics would say "see you should be selling more as it has no affect on shareholder value". They can say that today and his defenders will cry how him selling just a tiny bit ended up crashing Tesla by 30%. His critics doesn't care but again, makes his followers more sticky.
I like to view Elon's actions through a Mars lense.

Having a small group of ardent supporters / cult-members is better for starting a Mars base than a large group of so-so supporters. Being able to turn this or any episode into a compelling narrative that will resonate, motivate and turn into potential recruits the kind of people Mars will need may be an incidental or main objective.

Doing things "imperfectly" (share sales and twitter spats) might ironically just be the perfect way for more fateful goals. And fateful goals love irony.

Lesson for investors? Expect a roller-coaster. Hard to predict share price movements, be able to survive.

Fingers crossed that Elon was doing some selling today. There were a number of big volume spikes (mostly in a negative direction suggesting selling) during the day. Volume was greater than 23M. The conclusion of Elon selling for the year would spark a rally as big dog investors who have been sitting on the sidelines get back into buying. We'll find out later today.

In the meantime …

I am lot‘s of pages down in the thread, didn‘t get an answer to:
- green stated that radar saw the object but tesla noa code ignored it, lot‘s people state that other vendors’ TACC would have behaved the same, but no proof
- can this footage and crash-recorder data be used to simulate the situation with current so/hw of ap/noa/fsd-beta?

I this could be used as training material and as proof that fsd would have started breaking or even avoid the crash - I would be raving

Is Tesla really the only manufacturer that records crash video footage for recovery later on In All cards?

Mod: This news came out early this morning (Wall St Time). Clearly didn't hurt the stock price. It is well known and documented that it's the driver's job to avoid stationary objects. So no follow-up will be tolerated. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough already...

ordered 5 more at 887.xx
(nothing on margin- we will see if it fills)
and if the order doesn't fill tomorrow
I shall be very put out.gif

;)

I had not seen a fire at Fremont mentioned here but it seems not to be a big deal.

View attachment 746785
Could be as simple as a slipping belt between HVAC motor and blower unit, that started smoking. When I worked in a datacenter many years ago, this happened a few times, set off the fire alarm, which triggered the immediate shutdown of ALL HVAC units... fun times!

I'd like to see some further strength from the stock in the final two hours. It's continually gotten weaker in the later hours of trading for much of the past couple of weeks. If it drifts back down to just even with the Nasdaq, then it's a clear sign they'll ride it close the 100 day for the rest of the week.
How about now? Seems strong to me.

Reactions: Ogre and Nocturnal
Ok, so one more good reason for men all over this country to get the Performance Model Y as the family car instead of the more pedestrian Long-Range version.

But honey, the Performance is the safer choice for our family, even the IIHS agrees, and I know you love our kids as much as I do!

This is good for margins going forward!

This will be good for margins too: (goodwill from existing owners == referrals)

But there will be an extra bonus exclusively for owners that have a Model 3 or Model Y with the latest headlights.

A source has told Drive Tesla the Light Show will project the word ‘TESLA’ from each headlight.

While we can’t share footage of the Light Show to protect the identity of our source, Tesla already showed off this bonus feature during the Giga Berlin-Brandenburg County Fair in early October

I was hoping they'd do this. Now I hope the newer-spec headlights are on Fremont-built Model 3/Y cars.

Cheers!

This will be good for margins too: (goodwill from existing owners == referrals)

I was hoping they'd do this. Now I hope the newer-spec headlights are on Fremont-built Model 3/Y cars.

Cheers!
It’s a fun feature, but I have to admit that I would wish Tesla would refine the headlights further. The resolution in the matrix is still bad compared to state of the art led headlights in other car brands.

That said, exciting to read about the update 😊

Last edited: