Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks promising: Giga Berlin Model Y seem to overflow on the parking lot 🤩

Giga Berlin Brandenburg Model Y

8e91a000c33dcd9421f62a319ca3f33c8862947e_2_690x313.jpeg

Spot the new crimson red one :p
Wow! Can't wait for either factory to be finally open. This approval process has been a painful one!

• Helpful
Reactions: Skryll and Lessmog
The EyeQ Ultra is supposed to be as powerful as 10 EyeQ5's, but in a single chip:

The MobilEye CEO says that both TOPS and TOPS per watt are misleading to assess the performance of their chips... 🤷‍♂️
Not benchmarking to access performance smacks of Intel'ism, when it suits them. Is it a coincidence?

Battery progress report from a startup named One. I love how they have camoflaged the car. I guess that keeps us from recognizing the battery. LOL.

Wish I had been tracking how long these macro "rotations" last. This is like the 30th "rotation from tech to value" since 2020 began, with a typical duration of what.....4 to 6 days? So stupid.

I guess now that everyone knows hedge funds can't pick winners for fees with a net profit, all we got left is to create fake volatility. How is there anyone left NOT buying dips in both directions?

Behind paywall. They need $300 for a year to read their mostly FUD/crap articles. Can anyone who has access put a few bullet points?
I've got free access. IMO this one is no different. Legacy sells many more cars than Tesla and they are investing heavily in EVs. They are masters of mass production. Tesla's EV market share may drop to 20%. There are parts that are pro-Tesla but nothing to make you run out and buy more chairs like I just did.

Wish I had been tracking how long these macro "rotations" last. This is like the 30th "rotation from tech to value" since 2020 began, with a typical duration of what.....4 to 6 days? So stupid.

I guess now that everyone knows hedge funds can't pick winners for fees with a net profit, all we got left is to create fake volatility. How is there anyone left NOT buying dips in both directions?

bingo.png

FWIW Silverado EV dropping at 12:15pm Eastern. Explains the move the past two days. Unlike the iX M60 it doesn't look horrible.

From a specs perspective, it is great. BUT their "$39K" price points won't be available for 3-4 years, IF THEN, meanwhile the only trims available will be $100K, making Tesla the low cost leader on a comparable feature basis.

The only big feature that NO Tesla has is power output. All these new EVs allow at least 7.2 kW power output, this one 10.2 kW. This will be a key selling point for disaster power generation. Get your act together Tesla!

That's actually a pretty good article that gives me more confidence in a faster death to ICE sales. It might even scare some TSLA investors who don't understand that Elon has been anticipating this onslaught of new EV's from other manufacturers for some time and it's actually coming later than he anticipated. And future news stories will be technically correct when they keep reporting how they are eating into Tesla's (EV) market share, even while they fail to mention that Tesla's market share of the automotive market continues to grow at a breath-taking pace. Tesla will probably fall to around 20% EV market share during this period.

But the real interesting thing happens around 2027-2029 as EV's grow toward 70-80% or more of sales and the EV market is no longer production constrained. This is when it becomes apparent that Tesla's continually increasing production is not threatened by legacy players who have a higher cost to produce. Tesla will continue expanding production and lowering prices in order to find homes to all of them. This will pressure any legacy players that are still in business to either lower prices or cut production, either of which would be fatal.

The exact timing of this is impossible to predict and it completely ignores the possibility of autonomy, but I don't see any way it will not happen. Preventing this would require legacy auto catch up to Tesla in terms of cost to produce or they will be relegated to niche status, with low volume, high priced prestige models, at best. How can legacy auto reduce their cost to produce to anything even close to Tesla when they have huge debt and pension obligations, higher battery costs and lower EV production volumes? Tesla's manufacturing innovations are on top of those advantages. I left that for last because some people think legacy auto can copy Tesla or develop their own innovations to reduce costs, however I think that extremely unlikely.

And all of these cost advantages that go to Tesla are before we consider the metric more important than "cost to produce" which is "cost to deliver". That's where Tesla's lack of a dealer network further reduces costs and inefficiencies. Remember, the important number is how much it costs the consumer to buy a transportation solution. How can legacy auto prevent high dealership markups when dealerships finances have already been gutted by lack of service revenue from ICE sales?

Maybe legacy auto can advertise their way out of Tesla's cost advantages? Wait...maybe they can stop advertising to reduce the total cost to deliver? ;)
In advertising class in college, they taught us that one of the advantages of advertising is that it hastens the bankruptcy of uncompetitive or failing businesses. So why not!!?!