Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Tesla drivers that want to eat garbage, I see Sonic fast food like solution.
By me it's mostly Arby's for some reason so that's an upgrade. I think. lol

They would charge there just for the convenience. But the Chargers located next to Panera could charge a Premium/Panera price.
Panera isn't much better.

Tesla China beats another record with 70,847 sales in December 2021, delivers over 484K for the year from Giga Shanghai (including exports):

Moneyball on Twitter: "Tesla MIC Dec Wholesale: 70,847 Retail: 70,602 Export: 245. (CPCA) https://t.co/oQKfXtRWoq" / Twitter

And in 2022 we'll double that 484K easily, with the 2nd Model Y GA line already up & running, and the 2nd Model 3 GA line due in April.

That puts 1.0M deliveries in play for Giga Shanghai in 2022 if the run-rate reaches 1.2M/yr shortly after the 2nd Model 3 line comes online.

Ya' know dey want to... :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tesla China beats another record with 70,847 sales in December 2021, delivers over 484K for the year from Giga Shanghai (including exports):

Moneyball on Twitter: "Tesla MIC Dec Wholesale: 70,847 Retail: 70,602 Export: 245. (CPCA) https://t.co/oQKfXtRWoq" / Twitter

And in 2022 we'll double that easily, with the 2nd Model Y GA line already running, and the 2nd Model 3 GA line due in April.

That looks like 1.0M deliveries is in play for Giga Shanghai, if the run-rate reaches 1.2M/yr shortly after the 2nd Model 3 line comes online.

Ya' know dey want to... :D

Cheers!
Lmao, GJ the man the myth replied to that tweet.

Homer Changes his 2022 Price Target
I mentioned my Non-GAAP EPS above at $14.15. My GAAP EPS is now at $12.87.
Financial sites like Market Watch, Yahoo Finance, etc use GAAP EPS (not Non-GAAP)

1641921449408.png

Blessed be the MODs!

FYI, I feel the same about having to scroll through the endless repetitive natter about FSD, which to my untrained eye, is little changing.

Have you tried holding a tablet in front of your car's cameras to see if it can parse the FSD posts and make a determination on the progress? o_O

Staying on topic, nice to see TSLA up today, seems to be tracking ~1x the Nasdaq (edit: was, but falling now) but lagging all the other EV's?

I don't post often as I don't really have anything of value to add, but shoutout to @Artful Dodger, @The Accountant, @StealthP3D, @jbcarioca and even @tivoboy and many others for their consistent updates, spreadsheets and, views on matters at hand. This place is a nickel mine of information, and I can't believe how much information and insight is disseminated for free (or a small donation to keep the lights on) I also appreciate the regular cleaning by the mods. This is an incredibly hard thread to manage, but I don't often find spills lasting too long in the aisles.

Last edited:
Homer Changes his 2022 Price Target
I mentioned my Non-GAAP EPS above at $14.15. My GAAP EPS is now at $12.87.
Financial sites like Market Watch, Yahoo Finance, etc use GAAP EPS (not Non-GAAP)

View attachment 754609

As I look at these likely price targets and my bank account, how am I going to prevent myself from being more lazy in the future?

1506972_10102074519083955_993508068_n.jpeg

The 'Contact' link in the email is returning a 504 error unfortunately

Here is a link to send a message to Gov Newsom, please do. I intend to be at the protest Thur!

This is a huge deal and everyone should voice their opinion as it can destroy the solar market in CA and elsewhere.

Last edited:
The main reason why Pierre Ferragu is not super bullish on robotaxis is that he thinks Tesla will need to work too hard to convince customers to book a robotaxi and will instead choose to take a driven Uber. I found this surprising as there a great deal of early adopters in the world that will jump at the chance imo. Do the non super bulls here agree? Most non super bulls tend to think that FSD won't be ready in the next 5 years.
Personally, I try to stay calm while traveling and have found some Uber drivers to be agitated while driving (a continuous state of fight or flight?) and they communicate that stress to me (a bit too aggressive driving and stress pheromones maybe). So I can‘t help thinking there will be a number of people that will adopt early to avoid this even if they aren’t normally ’early adopters.’

Full disclosure: I am bullish on robotaxi’s (but I thought this point a pertinent one to temper Ferragu’s position).

Tesla at present sells in the four largest global auto markets and has factories open(ing) in three of them. They sell in Japan (third) but probably will not build there any time soon.

India (5th) has been discussed here and is near to selling and probably some form of factory (most likely a CKD of the design coming from China). After all the biggest seller in India is Maruti Suzuki, that is Suzuki design and partly supplied from outside India.

Brazil (6th) was planned in 2015 and Model 3 reservations were taken at launch. I still have one of those.
Were the actual market be considered it would be Mercosur, since most OEMs have factories in Brazil, some have in Argentina, but all serve the whole fo Mercosur from one of those. They are a single automotive market. The Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay car sales in 2020 were 3,018, 342, which makes the market slightly larger than Germany, hence the 4th largest automotive market.

Lest we ignore the actual market, in 2020 three Mercosur nations of Brazil, Argentina and Chile sold 430,626 vehicles of typical ASP of US$80,000 or above, although the typical US ASP for the same vehicles is around US$50,000.

When we're thinking of next steps for Tesla we should realize that every existing country is far from saturated, even California. Then the markets globally are all barely covered. Even Norway has a huge installed base of ICE that need to be replaced.

For cars and for TE the prospects are amazing. It would be well for us to realize that the faster other BEVs arrive, the more the market will grow. In short we should hope the Tesla market share declines quickly, for that means the addressable market is increasing.

Thus, in Brazil right now there are BEV's from Audi, BMW, BYD, Citroën, Chery, Fiat,JAC,Jaguar, Mercedes, Mini, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault and Volvo. I've probably missed some. Sales are small but BEV sales in 2021 rose 77%. 2022 will grow much more, because these are beginning to move perceptions.
All we need is Tesla to build Mercosur wide Superchargers to drive adoption far more quickly. FWIW, I ddi not list the array of commercial vehicles that is rapidly entering the market. Nor did I mention anything about the rapid growth of utility level wind,solar and battery storage. Nor the phenomenal growth of residential photovoltaics.

This is not specific market advocacy. It is a reminder that we are always understating the prospects of growth. How bullish can one be? Never quite enough!

They would charge there just for the convenience. But the Chargers located next to Panera could charge a Premium/Panera price.
No more OT than the rest of this discussion, but in fact, my nearest SC is located between a Panera Bread, Whole Foods market, and an REI store (expensive outdoor gear co-op). Do they plan these well or what? ;)