Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reuters article headline with no actual 'source'.

Peak fud...

Exclusive: Tesla delays initial production of Cybertruck to early 2023 - source
One possible cuase for a delay is a delayed shipment of production equipment.

The 8000 series casting machine is a new model, it is just one example of equipment which might be held up.

Then there is the issue of parts, raw materials etc.

So even if there is a delay, it is no big deal.

Reactions: EVCollies
They said no such thing. This was simply some youtuber's ASSumption.

Also, to those saying the cars will not be sold, as already mentioned by a few people earlier, those cars can be sold after the final approval is granted. This was confirmed by some German Minister a couple of days ago.
Well this is what the translated approval document said

"1.5 The parts and bodies produced during the system tests may not be used as goods for sale.

1.6 It is not permitted to use the parts and bodies produced during the system tests for the production of salable motor vehicles.

1.7 The whereabouts of the parts and bodies produced during the system tests must be documented. The documentation must be given to the State Office for the Environment, Department T23, after the system tests have been completed. In the event of disposal, appropriate proof of disposal must be submitted."

"1.8 The hazardous waste to be expected as a result of the extension of the facility with the following data:

- Waste designation with waste code,

must be- Expected quantity,

inspections specified- Place of occurrence (respective operating unit),Proposed

-disposal facility with details of the address and

- Waste disposal number.

This data must be submitted to the State Office for the Environment, Department T23, no later than 14 days after the approval for the early start has been granted. "

2.2 Substantive factual decision

The LfU granted the supplementary application of December 23, 2021 (supplement to the approval of the early start) because the requirements from the notification of October 8, 2021 and October 26, 2021 are maintained. The continuation of the system inspections permitted with this notification of January 7, 2022 relates exclusively to the notification of October 8, 2021 and October 26, 2021. The justification for the legality of the approval of the early start No. 30.078.Z18/19/3.24 G/T13 Part A and Part B applies in full to this Addendum. It should be added that the continuation of the system inspections specifically requested by the applicant as a supplement to the approval for the early start still fall under the "measures that are necessary to check the operational capability of the system(s)". The applicant has justified their technical necessity in detail – and this is also plausible for the approval authority. Because the results of the ongoing system tests show that the quality and production efficiencies required for the systems and aggregate acceptance in relation to the mentioned operating units have not yet been achieved. The parts and/or bodies manufactured or joined as part of the system tests are of poor quality and deviate significantly from the system specifications. It is also understandable for the authority that the system tests are those that represent the indispensable minimum for the respective test processes with regard to the specific system (parts) to be tested.

This decision of January 7, 2022 was based on the examination of the application submitted on December 23, 2021 and the evaluation of the statements of the authorities involved. The replies from the responsible authorities that are relevant in connection with the scope of the application for this addendum are available as statements in the form of approval.

It still applies that the approval of the early start according to § 8a paragraph 2 sentence 2 BImSchG can be linked to conditions. This is present in the form of the ancillary provisions under III. he follows. These serve to ensure the compatibility of the project with other public law regulations i. s.d. § 6 paragraph 1 no. 2 BImSchG. These include, in particular, the regulations on immission control and water...

My understanding
So to me it seems like these will be for tests only because earlier developed cars were not within specs. So until Tesla can get into spec will they stop testing and waiting for final approval. Seems like they will be disposing the tested vehicles. They have been approved for up to 2000 bodies doesn't mean they need that many cars to get them within spec btw.

From Barrons.com:

GM Stock Is a Buy. The Company Is Quickly Becoming a Major EV Player.​

"Several factors play into the bullish case for GM—with a key part being that the automaker plans to double its revenue to about $300 billion by 2030. Nearly a third of those sales, GM predicts, will come from EVs."

"It seems reasonable to expect that GM will narrow the gap between the [Tesla and GM] as it becomes more of an EV player"

With 26 EVs sold in Q4, they will surely soon narrow the gap to Tesla! They'll only need to grow 11,763% QoQ to catch Tesla!

Sure, you can do that, but nobody wants to. Because the second you do that the IRS treats it as a distribution and assess taxes/penalties on it.

Not taking a loan from the ira. Getting a loan from the bank. The bank knows how much I have in my IRA and gets to come take it if I dont pay the loan.

Edit: missed the part about collateral at the bottom. Interesting. Any idea if the same applies to 401k used as collateral?

Looking at this week's max pain chart, the most profitable end of week close price for TSLA is just a smidgen below 1050. QQQ is running higher and threatening to pull TSLA above that number so we are seeing classic capping just below 1050. The market makers may lose control of the price going into the closing cross though.

jan14cap.JPG

Edit: Closing price was 1049.61. Market makers nailed it. If you were holding 1050 calls that expire today, consider yourself to have been fleeced by a modern day pick pocket.

Last edited:

From Barrons.com:

GM Stock Is a Buy. The Company Is Quickly Becoming a Major EV Player.​

"Several factors play into the bullish case for GM—with a key part being that the automaker plans to double its revenue to about $300 billion by 2030. Nearly a third of those sales, GM predicts, will come from EVs."

"It seems reasonable to expect that GM will narrow the gap between the [Tesla and GM] as it becomes more of an EV player"

With 26 EVs sold in Q4, they will surely soon narrow the gap to Tesla! They'll only need to grow 11,763% QoQ to catch Tesla!

I wonder how many EV's GM will sell in Q1 of 2022? My gut tells me it will be LESS than 26!!!! :p

Today, 1/14/22 is officially ONE of the 1-2 “oh s..t” days I expected to come.. next week we’ll probably see the other. Some things are getting very interesting but I’m still going to be waiting till the whites of their eyes are covered in vomit before taking some positions. I’ve spent the day taking OFF the CC‘s I wrote on QQQ and many other NASDAQ holdings for pennies.. There is some good premium for 1/21 and 1/28 for what ppl think is going to be a bounce so I wanted to free up the underlyings to be able to write again. , but as I said I think there is one more day of puking to come. Question is, when.
Great waiting for the 24 notice:) LOL

Why do you say they are sellable? Only cars produced after final permit are.
One of the people who disagreed, could you please post a link to info supporting your claim?!

Before someone asks me to do the same:
The Agency set firm stipulations to Tesla’s latest early permit. Tesla cannot sell any of the parts and bodies produced under the pre-approval. “The use of the parts and bodies produced during the system tests for the production of salable vehicles is not permitted,” the Agency noted.

Will be used for crash tests, show room, loaners IMHO.

One of the people who disagreed, could you please post a link to info supporting your claim?!

Before someone asks me to do the same:

Will be used for crash tests, show room, loaners IMHO.
I have posted the official documentation and it reads that these test vehicles will be disposed of because "the parts and/or bodies manufactured or joined as part of the system tests are of poor quality and deviate significantly from the system specifications." I don't even think you can use them as crash test vehicles as they are not production ready vehicles.

They said no such thing. This was simply some youtuber's ASSumption.

Also, to those saying the cars will not be sold, as already mentioned by a few people earlier, those cars can be sold after the final approval is granted. This was confirmed by some German Minister a couple of days ago.

1 They did, it was part of the application for the last preliminary permit extending test cars to 2,000:
The EV maker requested an advanced approval because “the quality and manufacturing efficiencies required for system and unit acceptance in relation to the operating units mentioned have not been achieved.”

2 See my post above

I am quite dissppointed at how many people are spreading false info here in total self-confidence and not giving sources when the info is easily available.

I have posted the official documentation and it reads that these test vehicles will be disposed of because "the parts and/or bodies manufactured or joined as part of the system tests are of poor quality and deviate significantly from the system specifications." I don't even think you can use them as crash test vehicles as they are not production ready vehicles.
What you quote is with regard to the first 250 cars from the previous preliminary permit, right? Which was the reason they asked to expand it to 2000 some which they are producing now, which could possibly meet criteria.

Reactions: kbM3
What you quote is with regard to the first 250 cars from the previous preliminary permit, right? Which was the reason they asked to expand it to 2000 some which they are producing now, which could possibly meet criteria.
I think it was Tesla wanting more test cars allowed (they haven't even built 250 yet I dont think) just so they wouldn't get to 250, find they are still not within spec and are stuck.

Reactions: hobbes