Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm battle hardened from holding TSLA for almost a decade now. This BS ain't even fazing me. Sorry Wall St. suits, your shizzle don't scare me no more.
I'm depressed when LCID is up more than I'm depressed when TSLA is down. I've entered a new phase where conviction is replaced by cynicism and hatred. As long as LCID is also down, my day is golden.

Are you pikachu shocked faced that we hit 940 today? Or was it more calm and collected because you knew what price Tsla is most likely going to?
I rather know than not know on days like these. And that's the entire purpose of his TA for me.

If you read my post again you’ll see that I didn’t rule out a drop, so I’m hardly shocked.

What I tried to convey is that technical analysts like the one you follow are never wrong. When the stock does what they predict, they get praise. But when they are wrong it’s not their mistake, but the stock’s fault. They have even invented a name for it: a false break-out.

That’s what makes this kind of TA more or less useless, which is why we have a separate thread for it.

If you read my post again you’ll see that I didn’t rule out a drop, so I’m hardly shocked.

What I tried to convey is that technical analysts like the one you follow are never wrong. When the stock does what they predict, they get praise. But when they are wrong it’s not their mistake, but the stock’s fault. They have even invented a name for it: a false break-out.

That’s what makes this kind of TA more or less useless, which is why we have a separate thread for it.
Yeah, and those 10% of the time consist of head fakes, bear/bull traps, false breakouts, false break downs...etc etc.

These are predictions with just higher and lower chances of something MAY happen. So yes, it's never wrong because it's never certain. However it's not tea leaf reading either. Why 940? Many numbers that can be picked from 1 to 1200 and yet the number 940 was picked to bounce off at. So I have no choice but to believe TA because they keep getting these critical numbers right. As for if they will hit these numbers or not on a given trading day, that's left to higher/lower chances.

Well, at least the Jan options series is behind us. interestingly the June options series is now almost as big as the Jan series that just expired and it has time to get bigger. It looks like a lot of open interest was rolled over to June, and there was some already. At least we get 5 months of respite before have to endure another episode of potentially options tail wagging the dog.

More interestingly while Nasdaq went down relentlessly this week, Tsla had a couple of days of strength on Monday and Wednesday. And when we went down Tuesday and Friday, that was with the typical 2x beta we observe regularly. This tells me that it was rather the macro environment and not necessarily the options being the driving force, though certainly the options added fuel to the fire.

An interesting chart, possibly a good contrarian indicator:
1642803481058.png

Remember counting cars in Fremont and then in China ?
Now we get to count cars in two more locations.

View attachment 758499
Which is a funny game. The less efficient the process of loading onto carriers, the more full the buffer zone, the more excited we get.
It’s like giving the bank a high score because the queue for the teller is long.

On days like today I'm reminded of what Bob Lutz said once about Tesla, he said

"....blah, blah, blah...Tesla has no innovation!!! Blah-didy, blah, blah, blah..."

And I laugh and HODL! No better long-term investment in the history of investments.

Have a great weekend everyone!