Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish it were. But I don't see the volume that would convince me this is capitulation.
I don't think you're going to see the volume you're expecting because I think this is more of a orchestrated correction than anything fundamental. I'm in the camp that thinks the 10-year is being played with intentionally to drive fear. Wall St has been calling for a correction for so long....instead of waiting on a real one they orchestrated their own.

Btw, in a response to another post, I clarified I don't think today is the bottom. I think today will be the bottom on terms closing price but I expect Monday to be a big sell off and rebound to positive, though might just be a sliver of green. Possible too that it could drop big on Monday and recover but not necessarily get back to even/green.

The TMC bandwagon of trades over the past several weeks has been hard to swallow. Everyone has now been proven wrong, and some people ought to feel ashamed. Undisciplined! Following others instead of a game plan!
Get lost Putin!

I'm feeling pretty good about my trades. I need to be +$40 or so from here next Thursday to roll my put spreads for more premium. Loving all my call/LEAP purchases. Certainly feeling good about my shares.

This is about my 90th rodeo. Feel like I screwed this one up least of all!

Just picked up a Jan '23 700 Call.
So all in again, with a bit of leverage this time.

1642796715239.png

Oh nooooo, the whole market is collapsing. Unbelievable that a month ago we were still at...... 885.
Are you pikachu shocked faced that we hit 940 today? Or was it more calm and collected because you knew what price Tsla is most likely going to?
I rather know than not know on days like these. And that's the entire purpose of his TA for me.

This EOD accumulation feels like more than MM's will want to eat just so they can hold $950. We shall see, they do have plenty of firepower I'm sure.

I like the @StarFoxisDown! logic of another opening dip Monday across tech. Nobody interesting reports earnings Monday(I don't think), and then MSFT is Tuesday AH(I think). Timing seems right. Would be phenomenal to be able to shop 1/28 YOLO's within the week rather than today.

I don't think you're going to see the volume you're expecting because I think this is more of a orchestrated correction than anything fundamental. I'm in the camp that thinks the 10-year is being played with intentionally to drive fear. Wall St has been calling for a correction for so long....instead of waiting on a real one they orchestrated their own.

Btw, in a response to another post, I clarified I don't think today is the bottom. I think today will be the bottom on terms closing price but I expect Monday to be a big sell off and rebound to positive, though might just be a sliver of green. Possible too that it could drop big on Monday and recover but not necessarily get back to even/green.
I'm thinking the same thing. I can see people mulling this week's action over the weekend, futures being very weak Sunday night, followed by peak fear/capitulation Monday morning, huge selling, followed by cooler heads swooping in after the dust settles. At least that's what I'm hoping happens.

Tesla dropped a little less than 50% during the covid crash, but right now we are 35% off ATH. Seems overdone.

Edit,
Carplay is inferior to the Tesla native infotainment.
Last time I bought 300 shares when we were 30% from all time high, the day after we rebound +12%

Let’s see if I timed the almost bottom this time with my 3 LEAPs.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Fingers crossed for next week

Have a good week end everyone

gotta be near the bottom? though selling a few at 963 was way too low/late
like a bad breaking point on a crested vertical curve

View attachment 758535
Yes, next week will be exciting either way. I love adventure, but not sure I'd attempt that run... it's got trees!

So that spot was literally the only place with bails of hay, and you hit them? Reminds me of the Cholla cactus that I slid into on a quad because I backed off on the throttle at the wrong time on a turn. Still had one in my ear and right leg after they pulled me out. Sometimes ya just gotta go for it!

Not yet unfortunately... 939.50 is bottom of the gap.

How much volume do you need to see? Qs are at +2x average and we still have a very high volume 40 minutes and closing cross to go.
Good point about QQQ volumes. I was just tracking TSLA volume. But triple witching day explains at least some of the increase in volume.

Today feels nothing like past capitulation days (October 1987, dot-com bust, COVID, etc.). I would look for 2-3x average number of shares on TSLA with plummeting SP (like 10%+). Today's action feels much more muted and orderly.

Anyway, just one ant-brain's opinion.