Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would any municipality ever consider banning natural gas? They aren't that dumb are they? NG is one of the less expensive heating sources, and a preferred fuel for cooking, let alone indoor fireplaces. Now, they may not HAVE NG, simply because it might not be cost effective to bring it to a specific community, but that's far from banning it.
If you ban natural gas, you effectively ban fracking. Since the Legislature has already forbid municipailites to ban fracking, going after NG is their only alternative. Also NG is no longer the preferred fuel for cooking since induction cooktops have made the scene (just the same as gas cars are no longer the preferred method of transportation).

Facebook is officially a dead platform. Can’t be more of a flatline than that.View attachment 764492

I was expecting g TSLA to drop abruptly today and I am amazed by the relative stock performance Compared to AMZN -7%. We might not be heading into a bear market after all but more of a reallocation of capital into double digits growing companies.

So Amazon printed a beat (no need to read their report; just look at the NASDAQ-100 at 15:04 EST) :p

NASDAQ 100 Index Components by Market Cap.2022-02-03.16-04.png

TSLA up about $14 vs the 4:00 pm Close, Amazon up +12% vs the Close.

Cheers!

"Fourth quarter 2021 net income includes a pre-tax valuation gain of $11.8 billion included in non operating income from our common stock investment in Rivian Automitive Inc." :rolleyes:
Unless they sold their Rivian, the will have to show it going from a close in 2021 of 61 today. If Rivian does not rocket up the Amazon and Ford will have some mark to market losses this quarter.

The call will be all rosey EV projections and they'll be up 5% tomorrow
They actually kept their projection of 600k EV production by next year which IMO has always been a mistake. Everyone knows they're full of it with that projection. There's zero chance they hit anywhere near that and by putting out such a ridiculous projection, they're making it easy for investors to call them out on it.

I've said before, but I think 2nd half of 2022 is when the narrative/hype being put out by the likes of F, GM, VW, Rivian, Lucid, etc.....all crumble. It will become crystal clear how limited all of them are going to be with ramping production due to not having the battery supply amongst other things. Gonna be quite a show to watch