Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's own guidance is for about 20 million cars production by 2030. Keep in mind it's reasonable to assume some portion of that 20 mil is for Tesla Robotaxis.
I didn't remember they had actually made 20 million a target. I guess they've somewhat come to terms with the fact that most of the legacy companies are going to fail to do their part, and it's not enough to make the legacies switch to EVs, since they're such failures at it.

I didn't remember they had actually made 20 million a target. I guess they've somewhat come to terms with the fact that most of the legacy companies are going to fail to do their part, and it's not enough to make the legacies switch to EVs, since they're such failures at it.
Oh yes, it was a goal first set at battery day and was reiterated by Robyn during the shareholder meeting a year later.

Multiple ford advertisements during the Olympics for their electric cars includes a clip of a rocket or space capsule— because ford makes those? or they want to remind people of some other ev manufacturer who also works with a rocket company.

Been there, done that, Sep 17, 2019: (watch the first 3 seconds for the SpaceX Dragon capsule on the far-right)

At least Ford is serious about recycling - ads, that is. :p

Meh. The 2020 Ford Explorer is already on Mars ( just watch their TV commercials). o_O

View attachment 477471

The 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum: Journey Home | Explorer | Ford | YouTube

P.S. Yes, that pic shows a mockup of SpaceX's Dragon2 capsule, extracted from Ford's Ad.

But notice how Ford Marketing added a porthole and CLEVERLY flipped the image so that the SpaceX cabin door would appear backwards.

LOSERS! :rolleyes:

PS2:
Here's what the SpaceX capsule looks like on static display in cool blue.
See any 'Ford-miliarity'? (more like Faux-miliarity?)

View attachment 477472

BAHAHAH!

Cheers!

Last edited:
So, I’m reading the second thousand page novel in a 4 book series. The next two books are also each a thousand pages long. As a rather relaxed reader, in no great hurry, savoring every word, and luxuriating in the fake reality of the story, I’m pretty sure I’ll finish the entire saga before they are finished going through this part of the permitting process. 🙄

Wait - you all read other things in addition to this thread?

Overachievers

That's interesting and all but it sounds like The Boring Company is arguing for the use of driver assist functions, not full autonomy. And it's important to realize that The Boring Company has a contract, and that contract will spell out what kind of taxi service they are expected to deliver.

The contract for the convention center calls for autonomous vehicles within 6 months of first operation of the system, and they've already missed the date those were supposed to be operating in the management agreement.

That said- I haven't seen any actual penalty for failing to do so spelled out- and the expectation to do so does specify it's contingent on regulatory approval... which they have been unable to obtain.

As the story notes, so far the the Clark County Department of Building & Fire Prevention has refused to allow even basic active safety features- let alone actual automation and thus TBC is trying to get them to agree to the baby steps of permitting those at least.

There's some specific quotes in the story of exchanges between TBC and the board making it clear they've VERY VERY VERY cautious about anything that smells like autonomy, so it's gonna be a slow process to get them there.

TBC actually cites to Teslas published safety data on active safety features and autopilot to support the argument the board is currently making the system less safe by not permitting at least those to be used alongside the human drivers.

Full text of the management agreement if anyone is curious is here:

Last edited:
it's not enough to make the legacies switch to EVs, since they're such failures at it.

Jordan Giesige brought up an excellent point today in his video The LFP 4680 Battery Cell

Tesla's 20% powertrain efficiency advantage compared to legacy auto's EV offerings means that Tesla can achieve the same range + performance with an LFP battery pack as legacy auto EV's are able to do with expensive nickel-based chemistry batteries.

Since nickel is also scarce, and is supply-limited, that means legacy auto CAN NOT compete with Tesla in EV volume. Tesla has virtually unlimited runway ahead for expanding production due to their ability to use iron-based cathodes, while legacy auto will be severly production constrained on any model that might be competetive with Tesla LFP.

Personally, I think Jordan was being generous, since LFP batteries provide ~3x the lifetime, can to be charged to 100% daily, and don't go into thermal runaway in your garage overnight while you're asleep in your bed.

Legacy auto will be unable to compete at Tesla's scale, and will be structurally unprofitable if they try.

TL;dr RIP legacy auto.

Image: Electric Vehicle Core Efficency

FLL2vesXIAMPRXn

P.S. The competition isn't coming, they're going (down).

Last edited:
With MY so close from taking top spot in California, it will likely get it in Q1. My friend just had her Feb delivery date in Toronto pushed back to June this week, and my 7 seat Y also got pushed from March to June delivery yesterday. My guess is someone in CA willgetboth of them so that Tesla can win there for Q1.

Top 5 cars of all propulsion types in 2021 in California:
- #Toyota #Camry 61’599
- #Tesla #ModelY 60’394
- #Honda #Civic 59’818
- #Toyota #RAV4 59’157
- #Tesla #Model3 53’562

Phil stresses what a huge achievement Tesla accomplished

Last edited:
Previewed in the 10-Q, but very unfortunate.

California sues Tesla, alleging racial discrimination and harassment

The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), which filed the complaint Wednesday in a California state court, said it had received hundreds of complaints from workers. “Tesla’s Fremont factory is a racially segregated workplace where Black workers are subjected to racial slurs and discriminated against in job assignments, discipline, pay, and promotion creating hostile work environment. The facts on this case speak for themselves,” agency director Kevin Kish said in a statement.

Is it me or is FUD increasing on social media? Is it because TSLA went down the last couple of months? I also see loads of clips of Gali almost hitting the bicycle in San Francisco.

I still don’t get their agenda. Short positions of TSLA has decreased the last couple of years so I can’t see that all of these posters have monetary stakes in spreading FUD.

Previewed in the 10-Q, but very unfortunate.

California sues Tesla, alleging racial discrimination and harassment

The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), which filed the complaint Wednesday in a California state court, said it had received hundreds of complaints from workers. “Tesla’s Fremont factory is a racially segregated workplace where Black workers are subjected to racial slurs and discriminated against in job assignments, discipline, pay, and promotion creating hostile work environment. The facts on this case speak for themselves,” agency director Kevin Kish said in a statement.
Reaction from Tesla

The DFEH’s Misguided Lawsuit

Best in Tesla YouTube channel is covering an extreme road trip through Norway in a Model 3 LR. It’s breathtaking and great to see what it’s really like, beyond pins on a supercharger map.

It’s fantastic that Tesla already conquered one of the most challenging environments with the supercharger network.

That's awesome for Norway!
Now how about Minnesota? There are virtually no SC's "way up North where the Husky's go"...that's like eating yellow snow (for the millions who visit these areas year-round).

Reactions: Andy O and Ipcress
Is it me or is FUD increasing on social media? Is it because TSLA went down the last couple of months? I also see loads of clips of Gali almost hitting the bicycle in San Francisco.

I still don’t get their agenda. Short positions of TSLA has decreased the last couple of years so I can’t see that all of these posters have monetary stakes in spreading FUD.
While the short sellers are largely gone now, the various other interests who would oppose Tesla still exist and they will never stop their relentless FUD campaigns because they need to poison the minds of the masses against Tesla to stop people from wanting and buying Teslas. The full force of the mainstream media and social media will now be brought to bear to ensure as many people are brainwashed to hate Tesla and Elon Musk as much as possible to slow their advance.

Beware: This is when the real battle against Tesla's enemies begins. What happened before was mostly financially motivated, and that's over now. What's happening now is more akin to a religious holy war, and the goal is to stop Tesla at any cost before entire industries and nation-states are made obsolete and the vastly powerful corporations and nation-states who rule the current world order are made powerless.