Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford will probably sue Tesla to remove it or license it. Ford patented the process one week after Elon tweeted about doing it but before dog Mode was available in the vehicle.

No worries. Ford just patented it so Tesla couldn't sue them for their particular implantation of "Dog Mode" (to enter "Dog Mode", floor the Mach-e for 5 seconds). ;)

I agree, unfortunate tweet with expected short term impact on share price. As for the longer term effects on Tesla's brand, Hitler literally helped VW get started in Germany and most people seem to have gotten over that.

I dont think the tweet had any impact on the stock price. We were just following the macros x2

I'm sitting here wondering how I can obtain a small loan of a million dollars to buy more TSLA. Even given my views of corruption and manipulation, I am surprised to see TSLA this cheap. Perhaps my model is way off in valuation... or this is an amazing sale on cheap shares.

Does anyone have a model that puts TSLA fairly priced at this level at this time?
Funny you should ask that.

This was my forecast dated 21-08-21 when I predicted under $1000 at this point, approx $900 say. I'd have to dig a little to be more precise but really it doesn't matter.

1645132961297.png

My current working numbers, which are not yet fully updated to the level I would call a forecast, are for a fair value of approx say $1100 because this takes into account a few more quarters of reported results of good performance. Really there's not that much difference to look at, and it certainly isn't a revised forecast at this point.
1645133264558.png

If the acual market price is within 10-20% of a calculated fair value price during the corresponding period, then for a stock like Tesla that shows (me) that the market is being reasonably rational. At least within the normal market ranges for irrationality and/or macro confabulations.

These price forecasts are blended outcomes of considering PE, PR, and PEG. I am (as you can see if you look at the key) expanding the blending to include PEG(trailing) and PEG(forward).

So, yes, I have a model that put TSLA at fairly valued at these levels, and I published it a couple of times in the last half year.

(FWIW : I don't trade very often, but I did some buying a few weeks ago at the $850 level.)

I'm sitting here wondering how I can obtain a small loan of a million dollars to buy more TSLA. Even given my views of corruption and manipulation, I am surprised to see TSLA this cheap. Perhaps my model is way off in valuation... or this is an amazing sale on cheap shares.

Does anyone have a model that puts TSLA fairly priced at this level at this time?

In order to match the current stock price with a fair value estimate from a financial model, one could have following pessimistic assumptions (see picture below):
- decrease in gross-margins from the car business
- no revenue streams from autonomy / charging network for third parties / insurance / ...
- fast increasing SGA+R&D costs
- low multiples: P/E ratio of 30-50 or PEG of 1

Those assumptions would yield to price targets around 750-1300 Dollar.

Personally, I view this as really pessimistic and would expect better operating performance and higher multiples.
Crazy thing is that analysts are still forecasting on average 12.5 $ EPS for 2023 vs. my pessimistic 18.90 $.

tsla.png

Agitating the worlds Jewish population along with half of canada is not really helpful for the Tesla Brand.

Is anyone still concerned about the impact on the Tesla brand of what Elon tweets? I thought we already lost every potential customer after tweets about pedo guy, unions, Bernie, corona, California, Texas abortion laws, Canadian truckers and a dozen other controversial standpoints.

Phantom braking, blah blah blah. Yes, it still happens occasionally on two-lane roads and is mildly annoying. Yes, they'll iron it out eventually – probably as part of FSD architecture.

Here's a more relevant data point about Tesla's long-term health: I took delivery of a 2022 Model Y Performance today and it's flawless. Produced in Fremont, not Austin. Has many noticeable improvements over my 2020 Model YP including:

- Better suspension (less rough but still responsive)
- Better paint job (thicker layer from my measurements, better finish)
- Improvements to door seals and door feel
- Heat pump is much quieter
- Slightly faster acceleration (maybe due to weight reductions?)
- Seat belt anchor by door sill has wider range of adjustment

That's what I've noticed in the first 4 hours, tearing around the Ohio countryside.

So is the number of Model Y now sitting packaged outside GT still a number that Tesla would not deliver in Q1 to keep the production off the books? If not shouldn’t we see a new Y option soon? Would they cripple the range and performance on these so there is no Osborning for the short term?

So is the number of Model Y now sitting packaged outside GT still a number that Tesla would not deliver in Q1 to keep the production off the books? If not shouldn’t we see a new Y option soon? Would they cripple the range and performance on these so there is no Osborning for the short term?
Not sure exactly if this is possible with the Structural pack, but if the new cells are still in scare supply, one way to maximize Austin output would be to reduce the amount of cells in the pack, which would have the dual benefit of being able to match the range of a LR out of Fremont as well as enabling more cars to be produced at Austin.

Eg Austin could produce 5 cars with 80% full packs instead of 4 cars with 100% full pack.

(to be clear I’m using hypothetical numbers above - maybe they would need 85% or 90% of cells to match range of a Fremont LR Y)

Reactions: MC3OZ
Is anyone still concerned about the impact on the Tesla brand of what Elon tweets? I though we already lost every potential customer after tweets about pedo guy, unions, Bernie, corona, California, Texas abortion laws, Canadian truckers and a dozen other controversial standpoints.

Apparently, we have a lot of really slow learners here.

Either that or they think being a "care bear" is something to aspire to. Maybe they believe becoming wealthy is evil.