Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nasdaq is basically at the level it'll stop for the week (11,700ish... just below) and thats roughly the level to set off the rally to at least 12,500 with a good chance of 13,600-13,900. Historically, the rally takes between 1-4 weeks where between 2 and 3 is most common. If we hit the higher end of that range, Tesla at 1,000 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I'm curious, why are you convinced we are going to have a rally in the next few weeks? 🤔

Exactly this and they really want your shares. They changed the % requirement 2 days in a row, each day adding 10% more.

They really really want them 🪑s!!! 😁
The fact that this is a "Special" change means it is just for you, because you are overconcentrated in TSLA. It hasn't changed for the rest of us.

where was Elon’s due diligence on this buy? Public tweets on what he wants to do is a form of manipulation. Why not just have internal discussions? If he did not want the SEC on his back, these tweets do not help? Musk speaks to millions on his pulpit, we speak to ourselves or maybe thousands. Different optics when he says something vs. us saying something... musk needs to keep his negotiations private otherwise it will definitely look like he is either manipulating the stockM trying to get a lower price or trying to back out. Definitely not good optics.
So when things are done behind the scenes in closed doors with your Wall street brokers and your business partners, so that they can benefit from the gyrations on how the deal progresses - that is legal and good optics.

When he is very transparent so that the mom& pop main street investor gets the same level of details as your Wall street thugs, that is bad optics and shady way of conducting business.

I get it.

AND, I will buy some platform shoes if I need to pull something from the back of my Cybertruck. 🙄 These should work.

View attachment 803774
;) E.O.M.✌️🤛

1652467040361.jpeg

I'm curious, why are you convinced we are going to have a rally in the next few weeks? 🤔
There has been a very violent contraction that has moved below key long-term levels very quickly. When that has happened in the past, the market tends to recover very quickly and violently (also a sign of an unhealthy market). Now there are two large exceptions, 2000 an 2008. If the economy is in that shape right now, well this will clearly be wrong. The other comparable drops to this are Covid in 2020, Dec 2018, Jan-Feb 2016, Aug 2011, and June 2010 (crossed below 150 week EMA and the lower bound of the Bollinger Band). Each one of those reached at least the mid point of the 20 week Bollinger band within 4 weeks and even eeked 3-4% above. Some rallied to the very top of the band within 6 weeks.. The mid point of the Bollinger Band is 13,600 (it'll drop some) and the high point is 15,500. There will be strong resistance at the 12,500 level where it might die off (why I say at least), but it if gets past there I think 13,600 will happen pretty quickly.

All that said, even if this rally happens... breaking out of the downward channel will be difficult given the situations with the Fed. Need inflation data to come back good in June. Otherwise a return to this area is all but certain at somepoint this summer.

There has been a very violent contraction that has moved below key long-term levels very quickly. When that has happened in the past, the market tends to recover very quickly and violently (also a sign of an unhealthy market). Now there are two large exceptions, 2000 an 2008. If the economy is in that shape right now, well this will clearly be wrong. The other comparable drops to this are Covid in 2020, Dec 2018, Jan-Feb 2016, Aug 2011, and June 2010 (crossed below 150 week EMA and the lower bound of the Bollinger Band). Each one of those reached at least the mid point of the 20 week Bollinger band within 4 weeks and even eeked 3-4% above. Some rallied to the very top of the band within 6 weeks.. The mid point of the Bollinger Band is 13,600 (it'll drop some) and the high point is 15,500. There will be strong resistance at the 12,500 level where it might die off (why I say at least), but it if gets past there I think 13,600 will happen pretty quickly.

All that said, even if this rally happens... breaking out of the downward channel will be difficult given the situations with the Fed. Need inflation data to come back good in June. Otherwise a return to this area is all but certain at somepoint this summer.

Welp, I hope you are right. It ain't happening today though, that's for sure! :D

So when things are done behind the scenes in closed doors with your Wall street brokers and your business partners, so that they can benefit from the gyrations on how the deal progresses - that is legal and good optics.

When he is very transparent so that the mom& pop main street investor gets the same level of details as your Wall street thugs, that is bad optics and shady way of conducting business.

I get it.
You're confused but that might be a bit understandable given that 2Pearls isn't doing a great job of explaining how this should actually work.

Such moves should be disseminated to involved/interested parties through appropriate channels so everyone is working with the same information and at the same time, that is ethical and fair and typically this would happen through regulatory filings.

Tweeting out stuff like this is not disseminating the information appropriately, many people don't use social media or don't use Twitter specifically and this information will arrive to them delayed and via some other channel with lacking clarity around necessary details. I don't know what this would result in if anything, but it's just not a good way of doing business.

Lets keep this power hour sustained. Vix closing below 30, S&P closing above 4k, qqq above 300 is what we want. Bears might want to crush it down last minute as they are frantically shorting at resistance. If they can't break through then they might end up covering before the day ends if anything. Perhaps the reason why everything is shooting up as their prior attempt got crushed.

Welp, I hope you are right. It ain't happening today though, that's for sure! :D
I actually don't think we want it to happen today... as there will be a better chance at the algos triggering some trades if we get a close under 11,800 (they'll definitely trigger below 11,780). Either way though, the rally should really kick off next week. Vix under 30 is the main thing we need.

Lets keep this power hour sustained. Vix closing below 30, S&P closing above 4k, qqq above 300 is what we want. Bears might want to crush it down last minute as they are frantically shorting at resistance. If they can't break through then they might end up covering before the day ends if anything. Perhaps the reason why everything is shooting up as their prior attempt got crushed.
You mean everything shooting up........except TSLA ;)

(Sorry I had to. I'll stop complaining about the fact that the Nasdaq is up near 4% today and TSLA can't be break 6% up........also F/GM up 9%)

You mean everything shooting up........except TSLA ;)

(Sorry I had to. I'll stop complaining about the fact that the Nasdaq is up near 4% today and TSLA can't be break 6% up........also F/GM up 9%)
Tsla may or may not have to go up by a whole lot. Right now if we look at the market, you can almost divide total percentage down from ATH by the percent they are going up today and get a number(you'll find Tesla to be not terrible).

Any stock that got severely destroyed are going up higher than Tsla, but Tsla was not as severely destroyed as those other guys. Tsla is actually considered as a "high quality stock", higher quality than say Nvidia among the big tech. High quality stocks didn't get decimated as much and are not recovering as hard today which is expected coming out of a recovery.