Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% control not possible in India at present. Have to bribe local politicians and their oligarchs with the other 50%.

Tesla said no. That was how t was in China, until Tesla refused and insisted on 100%. And only 100% will do in India.
Looks like speculation. Any links supporting your take ?

All I find is Tesla wanted to lower duties for full car import, the government wanted them to be manufactured locally (like BMW, Merc etc do).

German Court Bans Ford From Producing, Selling Cars

"Soon no more Ford cars will be allowed to be sold in Germany – a Munich district judge decides. The cars standing at dealerships are even said to be destroyed - unless the US car company takes a mobile phone license."

1653064311843.png

And now that we have officially hit bear market for the SP500, we have the 3rd longest bear market since 1982 (the bear markets from 68 to 82 were all at least 17 months). Only 2000 and 2008 were longer. 2011 was also 5 months (IIRC 2011 might be a week longer at this point, but rounding...). SP500 typically (not always) has to cross the 200 week MA to rebound. That's just under 3500. It almost always (I found 2 way back) has to hit the 150 week MA to recover. That is at 3709.

With that, we likely have a touch more to go before we bottom out for the SP500. Nasdaq typically recovers quicker by a week or two, but hits a lower average. 10,700 is the 200 week MA. Just under 10k is the 250 week MA.

Brazil would make the most sense to me.
There’s a recent trend of putting Tesla sites near SpaceX sites.

As our Brazilian member @jbcarioca has recently pointed out during the earlier Indonesia discussions, northern Brazil is the other best candidate for building significant launch capacity because it has great potential for equatorial launches, and Brazil has an established supply of aerospace engineers from Embraer and its suppliers. Also the area in question surrounding the Amazon River delta is conveniently in a time zone only two hours ahead of Texas which makes business a lot easier and would mess with Elon’s sleep schedule less.

It does fit if you've paid attention. Read his first wife's account of how/why their marriage ended. There are email receipts - he corresponded with Epstein about meeting Ghislaine Maxwell for "Kung Fu practice."
In the UK half of the ruling party have sexual misconduct allegations. My attitude is let the legal stuff work itself out. so far a single event. Taking a strong position from headlines is just stupid. Does Prince Andrew drive a Tesla ? Just asking ?

Personally I have no dry powder. Access to buying opportunities like these are skewed towards those with greater wealth. The average inhabitant of (say) Yemen right now is unable to take the opportunity at all as they cannot bear the risk. Ditto for myself.

These (low) prices are crazy.

I didn't have any wealth until I started taking advantage of opportunities like this with the little bit that I did have available. It's more like a steam engine than a get rich quickly scheme but I don't consider it "risky" when done responsibly while remaining unbiased and rational. This is why I encourage everyone I meet to start investing young and spending less while living more. To not take money so seriously while building it into something meaningful.

I don't consider volatility risk but an opportunity and that is true for anyone who makes more than they spend as well as anyone who has savings. Volatility is a risk only in the very short-term which is why I encourage people to look at money and value in large chunks over time, not little dollars and cents on a daily basis. And never take someone else's word what something is worth. When you do that, you can never invest in anything because nothing is ever a good deal - it's always priced appropriately. Obviously, that is not the case.

Someone smarter than me please tell me this is capitulation / the bottom.

Levels are close or there, volume isn't there yet. With SP500 officially going bear, likely to dive to at least 3700, the Nasdaq likely has to at least hit 10,700. Which for Tesla likely means another ~10%.

I'm personally setting up things for 585. I think 560 is closer to where Tesla would bottom if the Nasdaq went to 10,700 (which will have an overshoot).