Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy who started tesla who got the s*** beat out of him in apartheid SA for standing up to racist bullies (NYT just this year reported on it with a NEW investigative article).

The guy whose company for the 7th year in a row got a perfect score on the hrc LGBT metrics.

The guy who hired a gender-queer (sorry if I’m not using the correct terms) engineer to design the neuralink electronics and then highlighted that person in publicly published videos??

The guy who, in an email reply, excoriated the dailybeast for outing his trans daughter???

Recalibrate yourself.
Yes. But is it not all rosy. I have contact to a trans worker at neuralink who was just not let go because she is so damn good.. but they are looking for offerings to let her go because she voiced concerns about the treatment of her follow workers regarding healthcare..
And that colleagues start talking about unionizing at her desk is also not good 😅

Mostly the fault of awful middle management that is still allowed to continue because they get results - happy or unhappy employees designing your brain implants 😅

But.. only a single voice in non-public channels... Make of it what you want.

Elon Musk avoids Twitter deal talk at Sun Valley moguls' gathering |Reuters July 9, 2022 14:49 PM EDT

Par for the course...

TL;DR - It would also seem that if Twitter does not produce compelling technical evidence to fully support the <5% bot claim, then Elon would have sufficient MAE grounds.

Nope... in fact even you appear to realize that later in your own post where you mention the burden is on Elon, not twitter, that there was an MAE.

"Showing that a target has suffered a MAE is an arduous task that places the burden of proof on the buyer."

So, Elon has this burden to prove and convince the judge and it appears it has only happened once.

Right-- which directly contradicts the claim that twitter needs to produce compelling evidence. They don't need to produce any at all here- Elon does.

And the only thing he's claimed is he didn't get enough info to determine how accurate the 5% number was. Not that he has evidence it's outright fraud.

To be clear, even if he DID have evidence the real number is higher than 5% that, by itself is absolutely not an MAE

Because twitter themselves disclosed publicly, since 2012, that the number might be higher than 5%

Twitter in every SEC quarterly and annual filing since their IPO said:
our estimation of false or spam accounts may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have estimated

Instead he'd need evidence not only is it WAY higher than 5%, but that twitter specifically knew it was WAY higher, and then intentionally engaged in materially misreporting this to defraud.

Which seems unlikely to be a thing that is found. Indeed the best interests of Twitter would be for them to have picked a measurement so bad (and remember, THEY made up the measurement) that they don't even know when they're wrong and thus need take no responsibility for it being wrong either way.... they took a best guess and admitted it might be way off and you can't prove otherwise.

That's the nice thing about making up something with no legal definition that you then provide non-gaap reporting of.

Twitter SEC disclosures said:
our calculation of mDAU is not based on any standardized industry methodology

Hence why most M&A lawyers I've seen comment on this thing twitter has pretty good odds to win this- the bar to prove an MAE is really high and generally required evidence of outright fraud on objectively measurable things like GAAP accounting fraud or legal/regulatory fraud- and a LOT of it- to rise to the level of MAE.

The one case where the court DID find an MAE....the one case ever... the company engaged in repeated fraud of their reporting regarding their compliance with federal regulations.

Every other case that had less of a violation than that (including other lesser cases of actual violations of federal regs) were found NOT sufficient to be considered an MAE. As I say- It's a very high bar of proof.

So the idea that 'A guess on a measurement that isn't legally defined in the first place, that they admit is not only a guess, but potentially way off being way off" rising to the level of an MAE is... dubious.

it's possible Elon has some trove of secret evidence not disclosed-

One especially funny idea I've seen floated--- he DOES have such secret info from Jack.... with whom he's been known to be friends.

The problem of course is Jack would've been CEO during much of this period of intentional and repeated fraud if it existed-- so even if it existed it seems weird Jack would rat...himself... out?

But if he DID have such evidence there'd be little reason not to show that in the SEC filing and bring this to a much swifter, and less litigious end if that were the case.

Last edited:
48000/200/12=20 years, right? That isn't too bad for taking a part in accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy.
As a mathematician and engineer I spent a lot of time looking at the numbers before we committed to any solar/storage options. I can tell you for certain that energy prices from a grid operator will not be steady over those 20 years. They rise quite regularly and at a staggering rate. That has a significant impact on the pay off period for the investment.
Bad use of money. It makes much more sense to invest in a solar farm and get your power that way. 20 years is assuming no interest..if you assume a 5% rate of return the numbers are really bad.
I ran numbers on my system for our house many times. Assuming we replace every component the day warranty expires up to the max warranty item of the solar panels at 30 years, our system pays for itself and saves us about $86k dollars through that 30 years. that's replacing 3 string inverters and 2 LG chem batteries multiple times during that time. We use a lot of electricity and even more now given that we have a Tesla MS and our plug in hybrid van, but financially I don't see how you don't save money (we're in a very cheap area for electricity too) plus the fact that you're contributing to a cleaner future for all of mankind. I know this is OT but I really want anyone talking about numbers for renewable to really look at it carefully instead of just taking things at face value as the value of each day delayed in transitioning to renewable has so much impact for the future of our children.

Every main panel that I've seen has a removable strap that bonds the ground and neutral bus bars together. So you'd just remove that strap and they're no longer bonded in that panel.
True. Some do, some require add on kits for separate neutral, some need neutral and ground wires segregated (since it didn't matter originally) i.e. a light verson of redone.
If not all loads get backed up, or generation is connected to the panel, that, of course, is more effort.

Did you sit on a NEC code cte for this stuff with me once upon a time ?

Nope, wasn't me, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express and ate at a Wendy's.

Yes. But is it not all rosy. I have contact to a trans worker at neuralink who was just not let go because she is so damn good.. but they are looking for offerings to let her go because she voiced concerns about the treatment of her follow workers regarding healthcare..
And that colleagues start talking about unionizing at her desk is also not good 😅

Mostly the fault of awful middle management that is still allowed to continue because they get results - happy or unhappy employees designing your brain implants 😅

But.. only a single voice in non-public channels... Make of it what you want.

This is the kind of post that I would never bring forward, potentially contributing to any new or further discrimination of a specific class.

I used to hate such gossip at work, suddenly renting space in my head to figure out who they were talking about.

stop stop.PNG

As a mathematician and engineer I spent a lot of time looking at the numbers before we committed to any solar/storage options. I can tell you for certain that energy prices from a grid operator will not be steady over those 20 years. They rise quite regularly and at a staggering rate. That has a significant impact on the pay off period for the investment.

I ran numbers on my system for our house many times. Assuming we replace every component the day warranty expires up to the max warranty item of the solar panels at 30 years, our system pays for itself and saves us about $86k dollars through that 30 years. that's replacing 3 string inverters and 2 LG chem batteries multiple times during that time. We use a lot of electricity and even more now given that we have a Tesla MS and our plug in hybrid van, but financially I don't see how you don't save money (we're in a very cheap area for electricity too) plus the fact that you're contributing to a cleaner future for all of mankind. I know this is OT but I really want anyone talking about numbers for renewable to really look at it carefully instead of just taking things at face value as the value of each day delayed in transitioning to renewable has so much impact for the future of our children.
Thank you for typing out what I was thinking.
Off topic as well: I bought and installed my own solar panels and inverter. Taking all costs into account it will pay for itself in 24 months if energy prices stay flat. Considering I'm located in Europe in a country depending heavily on natural gas, energy prices will rise. This means an even shorter time period before it all pays for itself.
However, the most important part of all of this is not the money, but trying to prevent global warming!

Nope... in fact even you appear to realize that later in your own post where you mention the burden is on Elon, not twitter, that there was an MAE.

Right-- which directly contradicts the claim that twitter needs to produce compelling evidence. They don't need to produce any at all here- Elon does.

And the only thing he's claimed is he didn't get enough info to determine how accurate the 5% number was. Not that he has evidence it's outright fraud.

To be clear, even if he DID have evidence the real number is higher than 5% that, by itself is absolutely not an MAE

Because twitter themselves disclosed publicly, since 2012, that the number might be higher than 5%

Instead he'd need evidence not only is it WAY higher than 5%, but that twitter specifically knew it was WAY higher, and then intentionally engaged in materially misreporting this to defraud.

Which seems unlikely to be a thing that is found. Indeed the best interests of Twitter would be for them to have picked a measurement so bad (and remember, THEY made up the measurement) that they don't even know when they're wrong and thus need take no responsibility for it being wrong either way.... they took a best guess and admitted it might be way off and you can't prove otherwise.

That's the nice thing about making up something with no legal definition that you then provide non-gaap reporting of.

Hence why most M&A lawyers I've seen comment on this thing twitter has pretty good odds to win this- the bar to prove an MAE is really high and generally required evidence of outright fraud on objectively measurable things like GAAP accounting fraud or legal/regulatory fraud- and a LOT of it- to rise to the level of MAE.

The one case where the court DID find an MAE....the one case ever... the company engaged in repeated fraud of their reporting regarding their compliance with federal regulations.

Every other case that had less of a violation than that (including other lesser cases of actual violations of federal regs) were found NOT sufficient to be considered an MAE. As I say- It's a very high bar of proof.

So the idea that 'A guess on a measurement that isn't legally defined in the first place, that they admit is not only a guess, but potentially way off being way off" rising to the level of an MAE is... dubious.

it's possible Elon has some trove of secret evidence not disclosed-

One especially funny idea I've seen floated--- he DOES have such secret info from Jack.... with whom he's been known to be friends.

The problem of course is Jack would've been CEO during much of this period of intentional and repeated fraud if it existed-- so even if it existed it seems weird Jack would rat...himself... out?

But if he DID have such evidence there'd be little reason not to show that in the SEC filing and bring this to a much swifter, and less litigious end if that were the case.
Just to second the point that discovery demands will be on Elon, he has to prove that Twitter is in acting in bad faith but Twitter says EM can't prove that, they've already preemptively stated this and that's usually bad news for the opposing side. It means that negotiations have fallen through and that Twitter knows EM was just negotiating and that they feel they can force the deal. The interesting discovery war that might occur if it was discovered that Jack had given EM any info would be...spectacular for litigators. I mean then Twitter would have grounds to sue Jack. I seriously doubt Jack is going around bad mouthing the company he was running as it would open himself open to all sorts of lawsuits, it could ruin him.