Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From older slide deck, Berlin is running stamped front ends (I'm guessing risk and gigpress availability mitigation). Austin likely only cast front.

That is what we have seen, but the slide deck seems to contradict that:

1658412221307.png

Berlin has the same robot count in the body shop as Austin. I don't think they could do that without a front casting.

Updated base case 2022 - 2025. 2025 deliveries will be very hard to predict before we know when the new factories are announced and how many there will be. I guess it's most likely that there will be two new ones announced before the end of the year, but three would be awesome.

2023 - Cybertruck introduced in low volumes, but doesn't impact overall profits at any meaningful levels. CT ramp difficulties might occur. Overall ASP increases as S/X deliveries increases and Model Y sales increases faster than M3 sales. A slight decrease in M3/MY sales prices in H2 2023 is accounted for.
2024 - M3/MY price falls a bit further, but overall ASP still increases due to CT, Roadster, semi, S/X deliveries adding 3000-4000 USD to the overall ASP. Also MY sales increases faster than M3. Compact car might start deliveries at low scale in H2 2024 (being built in Shanghai and potentially new factories)
2025 - M3/MY might near peak deliveries at 1M M3 and 3M MY. Overall ASP falls as compact car starts scaling, M3/MY price falls further and CT starts delivering more dual motor variant. If Robotaxi network has opened in some states at this point it shouldn't contribute too much to revenue yet, but would add a ton to PE as earnings expectations shoot up for upcoming years (not added for this valuation).

2024 and 2025 aside - 2023 is going to be lit! 🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 830941

Dang, your numbers look extremely similar to mine, except I have gross margins scaling slower than you, and I also have PE falling faster due to market sentiments (purely a conservative hedge on my part). Thus my predicted share prices are a bit lower than yours but comparable, and if I adjust my GM's and PE's then we match up within 10% of each other.

No matter which way I do the math, the future certainly looks very bright for TSLA holders. :cool:

View attachment 830943

Berlin has the same robot count in the body shop as Austin. I don't think they could do that without a front casting.
It seems that Models S/X are now an extremely inefficient use of space in Fremont. Seems a redesign to bring efficiency closer to that of the Model Y could free substantially increase the total capacity of Fremont.

It seems that Models S/X are now an extremely inefficient use of space in Fremont. Seems a redesign to bring efficiency closer to that of the Model Y could free substantially increase the total capacity of Fremont.
Or, just keep the line running as is in Freemont and build a more efficient production line for a modern version of those cars to be produced in Texas. I think they have a little more acreage to expand into there than in Fremont. :)

We don't want another gap in S/X production and all the FUD that comes with it.

View attachment 830943

I hear ya, but that is robots per unit of capacity. If the Berlin front end is simplified and only one body line cell is needed, then it could align. Especially, if Austin has equipment for both packs and Berlin only has 2170 type installed.
Berlin flythough shows stamped fronts (though it's hard to catch)
SmartSelect_20220721-102407_Firefox.jpg

SmartSelect_20220721-102453_Firefox.jpg