Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so tempted to sell my house and travel the world to work on my YouTube channel. In the past year it has gone up 400k. I don’t trust the Calgary housing market or the Canadian one. Prices like this just seems like they are going to crash down pretty hard. It’s already starting to come down in Vancouver and Toronto. Only reason why it hasn’t come down much in Calgary is cause oil prices is still pretty high and people from Vancouver and Toronto are moving here cause it’s way more affordable. Eventually, that will probably slow down cause of rising interest rates. Anyways, I would feel a lot better with that 400k in TSLA. The only dependent I have is my dog who I would take with me. Just wondering what you all think?
Hit the road for a few years and never look back. Life is an experience. We did that after our military careers for a few years. Made sure we were well (but conservatively) invested. We did it in a Motorhome but you have other choices. We are older and retired now in a nice townhouse, but we still travel…A LOT…in this.

Life. Woohoo. Bring it on. 😜

F84C6198-EEA4-4A3F-9685-205700FEE800.jpeg

Hit the road for a few years and never look back. Life is an experience. We did that after our military careers for a few years. Made sure we were well (but conservatively) invested. We did it in a Motorhome but you have other choices. We are older and retired now in a nice townhouse, but we still travel…A LOT…in this.

Life. Woohoo. Bring it on. 😜

View attachment 860053
What type of range to you get with that?

Reading through the post about removing ultra sonic sensors, some take away:
  • All new cars will has the FSD occupancy network running, not only one with FSD options. This probably marks a big milestone for FSD stack, also it might expand more shadow mode triggers to larger fleet, so they collect more data.
  • Now we know why autopilot team had smart summon deadlines at end of Sept, and they slipped, since smart summon and summon are disabled for new cars pending software updates.
  • Overall interesting to see them getting more and more confident in vision to remove more parts, should have none zero impact on Q4 earnings.

So at least we know on what platform we are going to order our robo taxi on to come pick us up. X.com = chat, money transfer, and ride share. What else is he going to add to it?

All banking. He will finally finish X.com to his initial vision when he started it in the 1990s. Also, it won't just be "money transfer", it'll be all online and in person payments. Might as well throw in authentication in there too. No more passwords, use your x.com account and a phone with bluetooth proximity to authenticate anything online and offline.

It will be a crazy couple of years as existing twitter developers who are anti-Elon due to perceived politics will quit/be fired while others will want to work on developing the next big mega app for the Internet.

Although i echo your frustration to a certain degree:

One wants to start a family and the uncertainty of the stock is making it difficult.

If he is basing starting a family on $TSLA SP, he should seriously re-consider his thinking.

I know a lot of pharmaceutical reps who invest over 10% of their pay checks in form if they company stock to get their employers to chip in 50%. Lots of Stryker rep see their investment slowly grow 8% yearly while encouraging their employers that are also encouraging them to save. TSLA is so much a wild ride getting so much mediatic attention, so much options MM and Hedgies manipulation, so much shares dumping on the open market, not for the regular investor retirement saving.

All banking. He will finally finish X.com to his initial vision when he started it in the 1990s. Also, it won't just be "money transfer", it'll be all online and in person payments. Might as well throw in authentication in there too. No more passwords, use your x.com account and a phone with bluetooth proximity to authenticate anything online and offline.

It will be a crazy couple of years as existing twitter developers who are anti-Elon due to perceived politics will quit/be fired while others will want to work on developing the next big mega app for the Internet.
I imagine he'll integrate with Block/Square

Reactions: phantasms
Reading through the post about removing ultra sonic sensors, some take away:
  • All new cars will has the FSD occupancy network running, not only one with FSD options. This probably marks a big milestone for FSD stack, also it might expand more shadow mode triggers to larger fleet, so they collect more data.
  • Now we know why autopilot team had smart summon deadlines at end of Sept, and they slipped, since smart summon and summon are disabled for new cars pending software updates.
  • Overall interesting to see them getting more and more confident in vision to remove more parts, should have none zero impact on Q4 earnings.
Looking at some videos of Austin, there were a some Model Ys parked at the south end and apparently not part of any end of quarter rush,

These seem to be moving now.

So some cars without the sensors, waiting for a software update, would not surprise me.

However, there could be other explanations.

Although i echo your frustration to a certain degree:

One wants to start a family and the uncertainty of the stock is making it difficult.

If he is basing starting a family on $TSLA SP, he should seriously re-consider his thinking.
In my experience, children are pay-as-you-go and take nine months to pop out of the oven, so to speak, in the first place. It isn’t like parents need to cough up all the child rearing funds up front.

There isn’t that much uncertainty in TSLA across 18-26 years.

Also, I laud and thank Elon and those working at Tesla for their success and efforts. And I blame others for trying to assassinate Elon’s character and bludgeon Tesla and TSLA. If Elon feels it is necessary to brave the Twitverse, I’m not going to second guess him.

If Elon does indeed take over Twitter, I might even sign up for it. Maybe.

Direct global democracy and Doge.
I am not kidding, removing country boundaries and governments, redirect defense budgets to Mars colonization. Lots can be accomplished when we are in age of abundance. Which is not as far as people would imagine.
Maybe I'm an old cynic, but I imagine this "age of abundance" Utopia is going to be just wonderful for all of us on this forum and about 10% maximum of the rest of the wider world, but I'm just not seeing everyone enjoying it at all, especially the below average who's jobs no longer exist for humans to do. Unless the entire world is going to dump 200+ years of selfishness and capitalism and embrace a new political and economic reality that has more than a few elements in common with the dreaded "ism" that starts with a C...

What type of range to you get with that?
Depends on conditions and speed of course. We use 200 kilometres as a max range for planning although in the BC mountains with lower speed limits it’s probably closer to 240 and on the prairies and higher speeds it’s less. The reality is the range is based on my prostate. Every hour and a half to two hours we take a 20 minute or 30 minute break and charge at the same time. The reality is many days we only travel an hour or two. We just did a 2212 kilometre tour of Vancouver island and the Sunshine Coast. Some days we travelled 3 hours and some days 20 minutes. We are in our sixties. There is never a reason to rush anymore.

This is a good example of a mountain highway. This one is called the Duffy lake road. Known for overheated engines, hot brakes, switch backs and something like 1700 meters of elevation change. We left our charge point in pemberton at 89 percent charge, arrived 101 kilometres later at 50 percent. We could smell the brakes of the trailer combo in front of us. I never touched the brakes once. Gotta love regen.

Pulled into a BC hydro charger in Lillooet and the electric Harley Davison that passed us was charging there.

Can you tell where the 13 percent grade started? 😊

FD93D034-0304-4F59-8BB6-2477D3D3F22B.jpeg

9D06CB89-B4C9-4A29-94A9-97A03475B853.jpeg

Maybe I'm an old cynic, but I imagine this "age of abundance" Utopia is going to be just wonderful for all of us on this forum and about 10% maximum of the rest of the wider world, but I'm just not seeing everyone enjoying it at all, especially the below average who's jobs no longer exist for humans to do. Unless the entire world is going to dump 200+ years of selfishness and capitalism and embrace a new political and economic reality that has more than a few elements in common with the dreaded "ism" that starts with a C...
Not that long ago, the vast majority of the population worked on a farm.

Jobs like computer programmers, graphic artists, librarians, TV presenters and motor mechanics didn't exist.

While AI can do a lot of jobs, we don't yet know if any new jobs will emerge,

But overall "abundance" is a good thing, and it also requires an "abundance" of customers with the ability to pay for the "abundant" product or service.

Overall we can confidently say, life in the future might be better or worse than life today, but it is certain to be different.

Not that long ago, the vast majority of the population worked on a farm.

Jobs like computer programmers, graphic artists, librarians, TV presenters and motor mechanics didn't exist.

While AI can do a lot of jobs, we don't yet know if any new jobs will emerge,

But overall "abundance" is a good thing, and it also requires an "abundance" of customers with the ability to pay for the "abundant" product or service.

Overall we can confidently say, life in the future might be better or worse than life today, but it is certain to be different.

Indeed, concerns over jobs lost to technical progress go back at least as far as the invention of the loom. Some people were so angry about the jobs lost they attacked factories and destroyed the machines.

jobs are lost all the time to technology advancements. Look no further than Tesla auto assembly that is more automated with fewer parts to assemble than traditional ice factories.. Transition to EVs will result in fewer auto assembly jobs.

The benefits of such progress include new and different jobs created and overall lower cost of living. It’s hard to predict the consequences of a massive robotic workforce, but I expect those two trends to continue.

I too hope for a better tomorrow.