Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The world is deteriorating at an incredible place for us humans. My sole purpose for investing in Tesla and driving an EV is to help this matter. I don't care about social media platforms. All this is nonsense if we can't live on this planet.

Is DBE for large ramp-ups solved? Is lithium extraction solved? Go do that Elon. He's the best engineer right? I don't care about his social media views.

I'm not selling, that would be freakin stupid. I'm complaining to others on here who are more than just "headline" readers.

We don't have that many more decades to solve this stuff.....let's go!

The world is deteriorating at an incredible place for us humans. My sole purpose for investing in Tesla and driving an EV is to help this matter. I don't care about social media platforms. All this is nonsense if we can't live on this planet.

Is DBE for large ramp-ups solved? Is lithium extraction solved? Go do that Elon. He's the best engineer right? I don't care about his social media views.

I'm not selling, that would be freakin stupid. I'm complaining to others on here who are more than just "headline" readers.

Personally, I think social media has uncovered a lot of opportunity (especially for those that aren't already well networked) and hidden truths about the world than what we had before.

Thought so. Few are willing to sacrifice for what they believe in when it really comes down to it. We do all talk a big game though.

Elon feels as though, NONE of that matters if we have WW3. Hence he’s doing what he can to prevent that. Whether he’s right about WW3 potential or not, doesn’t matter. That is what HE believes.

And I don’t know about you but I have a feeling he has talked to more heads of state than anyone here. He probably has a bit more information than we do.

Unreal. You think he hasn't already thought these things through? You think he hasn't already given MARCHING ORDERS to the people under him? I guarantee you that he has, and he's following these issues closely, and will continue to press hard on them.

There is such a thing as OVER managing (i.e. micromanaging). We remember when he did that early in the Model 3 ramp, and Elon admitted that it did more harm than good. It appears he has learned his lesson on that.

Furthermore, Elon has Asperger's, and to remind those here that keep forgetting (or never knew), that's the human equivalent of "squirrel!!!!". Elon's mind has and will get bored without CONSTANT stimulation. It's a byproduct of him being a genius and being on the spectrum. Whether you like or hate Twitter, Elon NEEDS the distraction. I'm probably a little bit like that, as I'm sure I have adult ADHD and need constant intellectual stimulation or I go do things that really cause problems for my employees (digging into servers to optimize them, etc.). If you haven't experienced something like this, it is hard to explain, but you literally lay awake at night thinking of things to do.

You really think Tesla would be better if Elon didn't have SpaceX, BoringCo, etc. to stimulate his mind all the time? No. Tesla would be WORSE off it it was the only thing Elon had to focus on. It was needed early on when the company was struggling, but there is a clear path now for Tesla, others just have to implement that vision, and Elon just needs to keep tabs on them to make sure they are progressing appropriately and help with problems they may have along the way.

Twitter is social engineering for Elon, and his mind needs it. And frankly, it's going to happen one way or another, so you should save your breath and stop caring that he's involved in it. Once the buy-out is completed, the mess will settle down.

Last edited:
For me, he's more like a Magician - creating new tricks with new technology that people can't figure out.
He had me with the fart button. Others should have seen that as a sign and invested accordingly.

I like fart button Elon, I like flamethrower Elon. I hate that he’s turned into “I’m gonna buy Twitter so I can unban white supremacists and the reason my daughter doesn’t like me is because public schools preach communism” Elon.

I like fart button Elon, I like flamethrower Elon. I hate that he’s turned into “I’m gonna buy Twitter so I can unban white supremacists and the reason my daughter doesn’t like me is because public schools preach communism” Elon.
Free speech for individuals is fine, even if you have issues with what they say. Bots and troll farms are not. Twitter has way too many of those.

Any numbers to back this up?

Haven’t we figured out by now that the news more often than not, Dunks on Elon and that the loud minority is just that, the minority?
Just go on Reddit or Twitter.

You will quickly discover that Elon is the most duplicitous greedy evil f%#k ever to have walked the earth, an anti-Christ towering over wanna be anti-Christs of the recent past. No debate either; everything has been settled with a decade plus of FUD to reference.

🤦‍♂️ So, you're finding the best use of your life and time on the planet is to be on a Tesla fan site with an axe to grind on a guy leading a team to build a sustainable future for the planet (that you live on), make life multiplanetary, building a worldwide internet, and curing brain diseases?
I’m an investor in a company posting in a discussion thread for investors of that company, offering insights that have proven increasingly correct, but are extremely unpopular, because most investors here are actually here seeking comforts like reassurance and reinforcement rather than things like risk assessment and frank reflection.

I’m an investor in a company posting in a discussion thread for investors of that company, offering insights that have proven increasingly correct, but are extremely unpopular, because most investors here are actually here seeking comforts like reassurance and reinforcement rather than things like risk assessment and frank reflection.

Ah. This website is literally called "teslamotorsclub" its in domain name.

Casting Elon Musk as a god or wizard is the very reason you’ve been unable to make rational investment decisions. I’ve been sounding the alarm for a couple years regarding his increasingly right-wing radicalization and accelerating propensity for unforced errors that do real, material damage to Tesla, and all it earns me are temporary bans from overly-emotional moderators.

Told ya so.

The mind, it boggles...

Feel free to lead the way in a bigger, more meaningful way than buying some stock or a car or two. Go solve those problems you think need to be solved rather than pushing them on someone else who’s already done more for this planet than you could hope to do yourself in five lifetimes.

That you still feel a need to judge him given all that he’s done is your ego at play, not his.

A funny thing happened on the way to a Twitter purchase.........(share buybacks, Uncle Leo, Cathy Wood, Jack Dorsey, and other weekly breadcrumbs)

While Friday's closing share price hitting a new 52-week low of just under $205/share represents a new emotional low for many TSLA Longs witnessing the growing disconnect between TSLA share price and Tesla's performance as a company, it was likely met with great enthusiasm by many not wishing to see Elon purchase Twitter. And with so much FUD in the face of record earnings and path to orbit for TSLA it is fair to ask if the beat down of the stock price since the TWTR purchase announcement hasn't been pummeled in-part by Big Money that would much prefer to see the purchase effort unwind instead of go through. The week held so much more with comments from Uncle Leo, and Aunt Cathy, and red-headed step child Gary Black, and so many others on WS and main street that it should feed an interesting weekend of reflection...........and speculation.

View attachment 864042

But looking forward first requires looking backwards. Following Elon's sale of TSLA stock near the ATH to pay taxes, he sold another 7.92 million shares for approximately $7 Billion (roughly $883/share) for his outright TWTR purchase efforts. I am still not certain after following Fred's take on this on Electrek and the perspective of others if these funds were independent of the funds Elon used for acquiring his 73.5 million shares for a 9.2% stake in TWTR - meaning he may have purchased those TWTR shares with funds from his previous tax sale and/or other sources (hoping someone here can illuminate which pile of money Elon bought his TWTR shares with). But it appears Elon acquired TWTR when the share price was roughly $40/share, so the purchase of those shares was just under $3B. And at the current price of TWTR, that 'investment' is worth about $700,000,000 more than he purchased it for. About 25% more while everything else is down 50%. Not a bad investment! And whether TWTR share price has stayed high because of Elon's desire to purchase it, or possibly because those not wanting him to purchase it have artificially increased the share price to make that purchase even more difficult, the result is still an extra $700,000,000 in Elon's pocket that could help fuel an unexpected twist.

View attachment 864043

At the same time that Cathy Wood discussed the possibility of Elon and Jack Dorsey are perhaps working more closely together during her Yahoo interview this last week, our friend Uncle Leo (Koguon) made a very public Twitter request to Elon for Tesla to make a TSLA share buyback of biblical proportions at these current share prices. And despite Uncle Leo insisting on Twitter back in May 2022 that a share buyback would have a much greater impact on TSLA share price than Gary Black believed it would, Gary didn't waste any time this week with a similar request to Tesla itself. And for me, here is were it really gets interesting.............even before discussing the idea of Tesla being the buyer of those TSLA shares.

Elon's $7 Billion sale of 7.92 million shares at $883/share should now be split adjusted 23.76 million shares at $205/share.................and those shares are now only worth about $4.9 Billion. That would mean that Elon could purchase back all of the shares he sold earlier this year to purchase TWTR and have $2.1 Billion remaining from that sale. So from the perspective of a buyback on Elon's part, the significantly reduced TSLA share price leaves Elon in a position of regaining all his original shares plus retaining a considerable amount of remaining capital to begin a new venture with.

Enter the re-kindled talk of Elon and Jack Dorsey working together. Over the past 6 months it has been speculated on TMC, on Twitter, and even by Elon himself that an effort to create a platform similar to Twitter would cost from $40 million - $400 million...............if he had the right people around him. Cathy's message this last week is that he already has the right people (Jack). But is that in the context of a purchase of Twitter or of a new platform? Regardless, Elon is sitting on a potential $2.1 Billion after buying all his shares back. Which creates the the further possibility that Elon could buy back his 23.76 million shares and still have $700,000 million remaining after paying the $1 Billion fee for backing out of TWTR, and after investing in a new venture costing up to $400 million if he went that route instead. And he potentially could add an additional $700,000 million to that war chest by dumping his 9.2% stake in TWTR at current prices if those shares were purchased outside of his $7 Billion share sale. That's a whopping $1.4 Billion off-ramp to the positive for Elon at the moment.......................and it represents the TSLA Float being reduced by 23.76 Million shares in the process.

The ultimate irony
Let's assume that it is within the realm of possibilities that those not wishing for Elon to purchase TWTR have worked to keep the TWTR share price up while they have hammered the TSLA share price lower since this all began. Not too much of a stretch IMO with headline stories on MSN this week of Tesla EVs floating in the Florida hurricane flood waters bursting into flames everywhere as one possible example. But ironically, we have now arrived at the place where those that may have tried to prevent Elon from further influencing social media through a purchase of Twitter may have unknowingly provided him with all the capital monies necessary to begin his own social media platform, and all the publicity necessary to do it........................while leaving Elon with up to an extra $1.4 Billion after he buys all his shares back, and after he starts the new social media platform with Jack Dorsey. Yes, from a 50,000 foot view this is all getting much more interesting no matter how it turns out. And we didn't even discuss Tesla buying back any shares with their massive war chest yet either. That could lead to some unexpectedly serious compounded interest for Tesla and for TSLA Longs if it was on Elon's 3-D chess board at the moment.

I like that theory, very much, indeed.

Just go on Reddit or Twitter.

You will quickly discover that Elon is the most duplicitous greedy evil f%#k ever to have walked the earth, an anti-Christ towering over wanna be anti-Christs of the recent past. No debate either; everything has been settled with a decade plus of FUD to reference.
Yep. And as if on cue, the NY Times just published an expose on Elon's personal life that, based on what I've read so far, is a pure hit piece. It takes almost every innuendo about Elon and treats them as fact, such as the stewardess, plus stating that he "smoked a joint" on Rogan's show when in fact it was barely a puff on a blunt (half tobacco I believe). Also insinuating that he knows Ghislaine Maxwell intimately when he ran into her once at a party ages ago where she photo bombed him.

And what pisses me off is that uninformed folks are going to read this drivel and assume that it's all correct. Geez, take a walk in his shoes, then tell me what he thinks and feels. Shitty way to start a Saturday.

I like fart button Elon, I like flamethrower Elon. I hate that he’s turned into “I’m gonna buy Twitter so I can unban white supremacists and the reason my daughter doesn’t like me is because public schools
This whole Twitter mess seemed to have started right around the same time that they took his external fart buttons while driving away. Coincidence, I think not.