Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10-Q ITEM 5. OTHER INFORMATION

"The Board of Directors (the “Board“) of Tesla has established May 16, 2023 as the date of the Company’s 2023 annual meeting of stockholders (the “2023 Annual Meeting”). The time and location of the 2023 Annual Meeting will be specified in the Company’s proxy statement for the 2023 Annual Meeting. The Board has fixed the close of business on March 20, 2023 as the record date for determining stockholders of the Company who are entitled to vote at the 2023 Annual Meeting, including any adjournments or postponements of the 2023 Annual Meeting."​

10-Q ITEM 5. OTHER INFORMATION

"The Board of Directors (the “Board“) of Tesla has established May 16, 2023 as the date of the Company’s 2023 annual meeting of stockholders (the “2023 Annual Meeting”). The time and location of the 2023 Annual Meeting will be specified in the Company’s proxy statement for the 2023 Annual Meeting. The Board has fixed the close of business on March 20, 2023 as the record date for determining stockholders of the Company who are entitled to vote at the 2023 Annual Meeting, including any adjournments or postponements of the 2023 Annual Meeting."​

Wow - that's really early by Tesla standards. Bullish!

It sure doesn't look like a certain major stockholder is selling. We would be seeing a steady descent, disconnected from macros.

Cross-post from Options thread:
Not a prediction, but in the past when Elon was selling, he did it all day until he was done, and it started at the opening bell.

The current price action just doesn't smell like "Elon selling".

Some mentioned that if he sells, he has to do so by tomorrow at the very latest to have the funds from settlement of the share sales to be ready to transfer to Twitter by Friday close of business.

Wow - that's really early by Tesla standards. Bullish!

Ha, this is even earlier:

"a stockholder intending to present a proposal to be included in the proxy statement for the 2023 Annual Meeting must deliver the proposal in writing to our principal executive offices no later than a reasonable time before we begin to print and mail the proxy materials for the 2023 Annual Meeting. Accordingly, the Board has fixed the new deadline for the submission of proposals to be included in the proxy statement for the 2023 Annual Meeting as December 22, 2022."​

Vegan gear shifters, beware. :p

It sure doesn't look like a certain big stockholder is selling. We would be seeing a steady descent, disconnected from macros.

the longer he doesn't sell, the less chance of a sell, the more nervous the front runners should be ...

Is Elon also allowed to seek credit from banks or pull in monies from friends with IOUs? After all he says he usually lives for free in their homes from time to time ;)

Lol what does “lost about 10,000 orders that are unrecoverable” even mean? That doesn't even make sense.

Boggles my mind that Troy’s predictions are given so much weight.

I've never given Troy's opinions any weight. I've long assumed he was a tool of misinformation and as time goes on he has proven time and time again that he is no friend of the Tesla community. Nor are his numbers useful when they can't be taken at face value. It boggles my mind why he would get any attention at all from intelligent people.

Lost orders that are "unrecoverable"? Does this mean the inventory in transit at the end of quarter has to be dumped in the ocean? But not before Tesla straps the would-be buyers into the cars before they dump them in the ocean? A potential Tesla customer is such a terrible thing to waste like that. /s

Not the only car stock driving downhill.

271C43A4-D932-42E2-9DA7-FF7CD8B39858.jpeg

I'm going to bring up the issue of advertising again (with the understanding of the it's been done many times before and people generally have strong feelings about it). But hear me out.

I think we can all agree that as of now, Tesla doesn't need to advertise in the traditional sense to sell cars. They will sell every car they make, at least for a good long while. But in light of the price reductions in China, I do think it's worth asking whether advertising would allow Tesla to sell those same cars without the need to lower the price. As their business ramps, a $1000 price cut to help sell the next 1 million cars (I'm making up numbers) would remove $1 billion from the bottom line. It would seem that some degree of limited advertising could help move those cars without the need to drop the price, and would cost a lot less than $1 billion.

Now I understand that undercutting the "competition" has value. And that the IRA will have some impacts on price/cost in the US. So the dynamics are complicated. But this could be another lever that could cost much less than a price reduction, and will have the added benefit of educating people about EVs in general, and Tesla in particular. I'm still stunned by the ignorance out there. But I view those as buyers who just haven't been educated yet.