Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I stated, trouble ahead in the near future however long term numbers look good. That's why I've transferred another 50 shares to to SGML for the near time.

Not to mention the 10 pending lawsuits and the Twitter debacle.

With the company performing so well and Q4 looking like a blow-out quarter, the TSLA detractors don't have much to hang their hats on. So they are trying to wring the last bit of value out of the Twitter deal, as if it actually impacts Tesla in any way except for positively.

Lawsuits, schmawsuits. Is that the scariest thing you can come up with?

Last edited:
I'm actually starting to think Elon sold today. Hard to explain the SP any other way.....

When the NASDAQ climbs we are capped
No, this is just MMD. Take daily graph of TSLA over the past 5 to ten years, and follows a pretty close pattern. Remember entities whose business model is to make profits on market gyrations love TSLA, due to overly sensitive algobots...

As I stated, trouble ahead in the near future however long term numbers look good. That's why I've transferred another 50 shares to to SGML for the near time.

Not to mention the 10 pending lawsuits and the Twitter debacle.

The lawsuits are going nowhere, the Twitter debacle is virtually over and you're relying on The Motley Fool. You might as well have picked Seeking Alpha. It feels to me like you're looking for reasons to justify your decision to sell TSLA.

The stock you're divesting from is down 43% YTD, the one you're investing in (SMGL) is up 248% YTD. You may have timed the bottom and top of both of them.

But I could be wrong ofcourse.

Man, they are really searching the bottom of the sink for FUD this morning. This is the #1 headline at E*Trade:
Screenshot_20221027-073759.png

Man, they are really searching the bottom of the sink for FUD this morning. This is the #1 headline at E*Trade:
View attachment 868069
Yeah, my boys love theirs and I certainly won’t be sending it back. There’s a very clearly stated 150 lb weight limit and I question if a kid AND adult riding simultaneously met that limit.

Yeah, my boys love theirs and I certainly won’t be sending it back. There’s a very clearly stated 150 lb weight limit and I question if a kid AND adult riding simultaneously met that limit.
You only have to send back the motor controller itself. So I suppose you could do that, get the refund, and replace the controller with a 3rd party part.

The only reason I'm considering doing that is that if the product is being recalled I won't be able to get say a replacement battery for it.

So it's a Radio Flyer recall, not really a Tesla recall. Clickbait pros are at it again we see.

So, you're saying this Tesla Cyberquad recall won't ruin a blow-out Q4 earnings report?

Whew! I was worried but it sounds like we dodged that bullet! 😲

And I hope daddy's bruised shoulder gets better quickly! 😆

Name of Product:
Tesla Cyberquad for Kids by Radio Flyer, Model Number 914

Hazard:

The Cyberquad fails to comply with the federal mandatory safety standard requirements for youth ATVs, including mechanical suspension and maximum tire pressure. Additionally, the Cyberquad lacks a CPSC-approved ATV action plan, which is required to manufacture, import, sell, or distribute ATVs. ATV action plans contain numerous safety requirements, such as rider training, dissemination of safety information, age recommendations, and other safety measures. These ATV safety standards are in place to reduce crash and injury hazards, preventing serious injury or death.

Remedy:
Refund

Recall Date:
October 27, 2022

Units: About 5,000

Radio Flyer Recalls Cyberquad for Kids, Due to Violations of Federal Safety Standard for All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) and Risk of Injury; Sold Exclusively Online by Tesla

Background
ATV Business Guidance FAQs

Radio Flyer sit in cars are a different product line with less requirements.

• Helpful
Reactions: Discoducky