Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK?
SO I checked and re-checked Max-pain.com for TSLA. And this is a cut and paste from the site:
"No data returned for ticker TSLA"

Ask and you shall receive:

1666885415866.png

I'm as guilty as anyone here of looking at the trees, trying to judge how every piece of news relating to Tesla might influence the SP. But if we look at the forest, isn't it likely that the SP will continue to slide, no matter what, if NASDAQ continues to slide, and the SP will start to sustainably rise if NASDAQ does?

And that the only thing that will cause the NASDAQ to rise sustainably is if the market concludes (via Fed signals) that the Fed's intention to stop rising rates at around 4.5% is a firm number, and not an upwardly moving target?

I'm as guilty as anyone here of looking at the trees, trying to judge how every piece of news relating to Tesla might influence the SP. But if we look at the forest, isn't it likely that the SP will continue to slide, no matter what, if NASDAQ continues to slide, and the SP will start to sustainably rise if NASDAQ does?

And that the only thing that will cause the NASDAQ to rise sustainably is if the market concludes (via Fed signals) that the Fed's intention to stop rising rates at around 4.5% is a firm number, and not an upwardly moving target?
Seems like the market reversed when a week ago that fed member gave a speech that maybe it was time to start thinking about slowing the interest rate rise. These people would not give a speech like that just off the cuff.

Just a FYI, when you place a sell order, you can mark as a 1 day settlement. I do these trades for clients whenever they can't wait a few days for it to clear. In my cases there is no increased cost. The only thing that may slow the trade would be the buyer understanding it's a 1 day settlement. I have never done a trade that would potentially be as big as Elon's, but 1 day settlement with stocks are possible.

Last edited:
Granted it was only for the last month in the quarter, but damn!

Seems like the market reversed when a week ago that fed member gave a speech that maybe it was time to start thinking about slowing the interest rate rise. These people would not give a speech like that just off the cuff.
Six days ago.

The U.S. central bank should avoid putting the economy into an "unforced downturn" by raising interest rates too sharply, and it's time to start talking about slowing the pace of the hikes in borrowing costs, San Francisco Federal Reserve President Mary Daly said on Friday

The lawsuits are going nowhere, the Twitter debacle is virtually over and you're relying on The Motley Fool. You might as well have picked Seeking Alpha. It feels to me like you're looking for reasons to justify your decision to sell TSLA.

The stock you're divesting from is down 43% YTD, the one you're investing in (SMGL) is up 248% YTD. You may have timed the bottom and top of both of them.

But I could be wrong ofcourse.
At present, I see no top in sight for SGML, as lithium demand grows with each automaker entering the EV market, and there is no evidence of major dips, except for market pullback in five years.

I netted $100k this year alone by converting 20% of my TSLA shares to SGML, while TSLA gurgled this year. The backlog of TSLA purchasers is moving in the other direction (dropped below 300,000) and the EV competition hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Just enjoying a bit of diversification, please.

Now if TSLA starts mining it's own lithium, that's a different story.

Mine the data and your wallet will follow.

To each their own. I didn't mean to ruffle fan-boi emotions. I try to keep stick with data and keep that out of my trades.
He who laughs last, laughs best (or all the way to the bank). Prosperous trading to all.

Attachments

• SGML-TSLA 1yr.png
    SGML-TSLA 1yr.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 46
  • SGML-TSLA5yr.png
    SGML-TSLA5yr.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 43
At present, I see no top in sight for SGML, as lithium demand grows with each automaker entering the EV market, and there is no evidence of major dips, except for market pullback in five years.

I netted $100k this year alone by converting 20% of my TSLA shares to SGML, while TSLA gurgled this year. The backlog of TSLA purchasers is moving in the other direction (dropped below 300,000) and the EV competition hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Just enjoying a bit of diversification, please.

To each their own. I didn't mean to ruffle fan-boi emotions. I try to keep stick with data and keep that out of my trades.
He who laughs last, laughs best (or all the way to the bank). Prosperous trading to all.
You seems to continually be pumping SGML ;) like a SGML fan-boi ;)
(++ stocks that are pumped, get dumped :) , Elon on record - saying don't buy)

Last edited:
Has anyone been following this? I wonder if it means Tesla found a better option elsewhere.

Just sold 500 shares of SGML short at 37.01.

A token amount true, but any stock that has run up that much that is getting pushed so hard on a public forum has got to be ready to at least stall.

All the best!

Not sure what sadder....someone crowing about their trading genius....or me reading about it.
You know the answer to that...

IMHO, anyone that writes "fan-boi" in this thread has earned a well earned and swift trip to the ignore bin.

On a positive note, I had to ask my wife to please stop pointing out all of the new Tesla's in our area. In the almost 6 years since purchasing our MS, we have seen a slow trickle of Tesla cars begin to grow at an alarming rate (for the haters and shorts) this year.

Can't wait for the revolution to hit its stride...